• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Independents vote here!

Are you for or against Operation Iraqi Freedom (only for independents)?

• It doesn't concern me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Repub05

Reaction score
Now we all know that Republicans are for the cause of the Iraqi war and that liberals want isolationism. But I've often wondered what independents have to say on the issue.

Last edited:
I voted no (as a self professed libertarian), but for a more conservative reason. I believed it would be a costly, lengthy occupation, and it would bring out the worst in many of us.

I strongly oppose it. The Iraq war is an unnecessary war in the first place. We found no WMD's, we were not attacked, and had no justification what-so-ever (all though I feel that no nation ever has justification). I believe that the Iraq war is a war for profit. The bougeoisie dictatorship of America has invaded Iraq to increase the profit of the top oil corporations and to expand it's economic hegomony. The imperialist American bourgeoisie government has sent our children to die, to increase the profits of a handfull of greedy capitalists. We need to pull out of Iraq immediately (including all military personel and American agencies) and give power to the Iraqi working class!

If we pulled everything out immediately after being in for as long as we have, do you really think Iraq would be okay?

Though under my avatar it shows that I'm a democrat, I am more independent. I believe more into my democratic side then my republican side, which is why it shows me apart of that group.

I believe right now we see George Bush and Operation Iraqi Liberation/Freedom as un-needed. But like alot of other Presidents, I think that George Bush and this war will be seen as heoric, in the years to come.

Blackflagx said:
I strongly oppose it. The Iraq war is an unnecessary war in the first place. We found no WMD's, we were not attacked, and had no justification what-so-ever (all though I feel that no nation ever has justification). I believe that the Iraq war is a war for profit. The bougeoisie dictatorship of America has invaded Iraq to increase the profit of the top oil corporations and to expand it's economic hegomony. The imperialist American bourgeoisie government has sent our children to die, to increase the profits of a handfull of greedy capitalists. We need to pull out of Iraq immediately (including all military personel and American agencies) and give power to the Iraqi working class!

Profit? So I guess you would say that even without 9/11 we would still be in Iraq? No WMD's. The scary thing is we know they had them so where are they now? How do we pull out and GIVE power to the workers. If America was really imperialist we would rule the world by now. Oil has much to do with things but you would be screaming when a gallon of milk cost 20 bucks and a loaf of bread 10 because of the cost of oil. Imperialists. Name one other country that if they thought they could conquer another with minimum consequences would not do it. Our very presence (US) keeps many in line. Imperialists. talk like that will frighten Canadians. Ah but I prattle. Your turn.

teacher said:
Profit? So I guess you would say that even without 9/11 we would still be in Iraq? No WMD's. The scary thing is we know they had them so where are they now?

Of course we knew we had WMDs, we sold them. Where ohh where are the reciepts?

How do we pull out and GIVE power to the workers. If America was really imperialist we would rule the world by now. Oil has much to do with things but you would be screaming when a gallon of milk cost 20 bucks and a loaf of bread 10 because of the cost of oil. Imperialists. Name one other country that if they thought they could conquer another with minimum consequences would not do it. Our very presence (US) keeps many in line. Imperialists. talk like that will frighten Canadians. Ah but I prattle. Your turn.

We would do to the entire middle east and asia what we did to Iraq if we had the resources and man power to do so.

Wait a tic, liberals don't want isolationism, we want cooperation with the world and peace between nations...

Back
Top Bottom