• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Independent Sinema Courted by GOP

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I must wonder if QAnon supporters of Arizona are awaiting her decision to do just this and be a part of the GOP caucus. 🤡

“As she knows, because I’ve conveyed this to her many times, we would welcome her in our caucus,” John Thune, the second-ranking Senate Republican said at the Capitol late Monday after Democratic Representative Ruben Gallego announced he would run for the Arizona seat in 2024 as a more liberal alternative to Sinema.

Thune said Sinema was welcome to stay an independent and caucus with Republicans or fully switch to the GOP, either of which would complicate, but not end, Democratic control of the chamber. A switch potentially could give her crucial party support ahead of any reelection bid, as backing from Democrats is uncertain with Gallego in the race.

Oh, shit! I'm so shocked!! NOT

I must wonder if QAnon supporters of Arizona are awaiting her decision to do just this and be a part of the GOP caucus. 🤡

“As she knows, because I’ve conveyed this to her many times, we would welcome her in our caucus,” John Thune, the second-ranking Senate Republican said at the Capitol late Monday after Democratic Representative Ruben Gallego announced he would run for the Arizona seat in 2024 as a more liberal alternative to Sinema.

Thune said Sinema was welcome to stay an independent and caucus with Republicans or fully switch to the GOP, either of which would complicate, but not end, Democratic control of the chamber. A switch potentially could give her crucial party support ahead of any reelection bid, as backing from Democrats is uncertain with Gallego in the race.
She is a gross human. Clearly the GOP is a better fit for her.

Of the 23 D Senate seats up in 2024, AZ, MI, MT, NV, OH, PA, VT depending on Sanders running, VA, WV, and WI are all at risk, imo. For R’s, MO, TX, and FL are potential flips for D’s.

Why would she be a democrat if she cant even stand up for the most basic of basic planks of being a democrat? VOTING RIGHTS!

Of the 23 D Senate seats up in 2024, AZ, MI, MT, NV, OH, PA, VT depending on Sanders running, VA, WV, and WI are all at risk, imo. For R’s, MO, TX, and FL are potential flips for D’s.
Its kinda like if you cant stand up for something as basic to what it means to be a democrat, voting rights, it doesnt make sense to keep her.

Can't wait for Sinema to leave the Democratic Party.

Can't wait for Sinema to leave the Democratic Party.
Yeah her **** you to voting rights was the last straw but hey mainstream media loves pointless girl bossing.

It will be interesting to see how she responds. Unless she goes full wingnut, I can't imagine she would do much good for Republicans. Moderates are generally considered unwelcome in political parties that are purposely leaning into the crazy.

Its kinda like if you cant stand up for something as bof the top reasons GOPs have the House.asic to what it means to be a democrat, voting rights, it doesnt make sense to keep her.
I'll always ponder terminally ending the legislative filibuster for something as critically important as voting rights.
We saw how that worked with ending the judicial filibuster, trading a few district and appellate judges for the SCOTUS.
With a federal trifecta, GOPs will pass draconian laws without the filibuster.

GOPs have fought against the Voting Rights Act since its inception in 1965.
Their supreme court has done ultimate damage to the 14th amendment.
Racist (apartheid) legal gerrymandering is a top reason GOPs have the House.
It shows just what D's are up against with their SCOTUS.

You might like this link and map.
It shows how creative some of these maps are.
Unfortunately, the map shows how POORLY D's did in the House elections.

Not likely to happen. She is an odd duck but she has much more liberal in her than conservative. Besides which that would put her in a primary against Lake.

I'll always ponder terminally ending the legislative filibuster for something as critically important as voting rights.
We saw how that worked with ending the judicial filibuster, trading a few district and appellate judges for the SCOTUS.

Oh i get it. Our voting rights are less important than some stupid ass relic of jim crow. Im sure everyone who bled for voting rights sure would have loved you… **** white moderates are useless.

They should have ended the filibuster when Garland was up for nomination. Then we wouldnt have this stacked court as McConnel wasnt going to wait for precedence. He just made up his own.

Besides which that would put her in a primary against Lake.
Word has it it'll be a three-way smackdown with Blake Masters stepping into that clown tent.

Also McConnel ended the judicial filibuster.

Why would she be a democrat if she cant even stand up for the most basic of basic planks of being a democrat? VOTING RIGHTS!
Would that be the voting rights of convicted felons who have not even completed their sentences? Or the voting rights of 16 year olds?

This is what you do when you can't win elections.

Back
Top Bottom