• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Incredible Son Surprises Dad With His Long-Lost Mustang

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Just like your first love, you never forget your first car.
Rick Lookebill of Indiana knows that story all too well. Twenty four years ago, he was forced to part ways with his first car, a 1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1. As the years went by, he was always looking for his old car with the dream of bringing it back — until his son came in for the win.

http://mashable.com/2013/07/17/son-finds-dad/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

this made me smile, and it also choked me up a bit.

I'm thinking the car needs a whole heap of work, but the sentiment really is nice.

yep, my guess is that the restoration could run seven or eight grand. i would love to be able to do that for my dad, though.

yep, my guess is that the restoration could run seven or eight grand. i would love to be able to do that for my dad, though.

My first car was a nice little VW Scirocco - sporty, fast, red - lots of mechanical troubles, but fun and I'll always remember it. I understand the feeling.

My first car was a nice little VW Scirocco - sporty, fast, red - lots of mechanical troubles, but fun and I'll always remember it. I understand the feeling.

mine is a 1983 Thunderbird.

i spent my teenage years listening to my friends' dads lamenting that they wished they still had their first car, so i kept it. it's garaged, but it needs a restoration job that i can't afford right now. someday.

right now, i'm restoring my second car, and that is pricey as hell also. i can justify that expense, because it's a 1998 Jeep, and that's the only way i can get to work in the winter. i will keep it forever, or for as much of forever as i get.

as you might have guessed, i keep cars for a very long time.

Awww...I loved it.

Great story. Cried a little and then shared it on Facebook. Hubs has a million stories about his first car, a 1971 Dodge Duster.

What a great clip! Got a lump in my throat when Dad teared up, too. Wonderful story. :)

Back
Top Bottom