• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Increasing Arm Girth and Calf Size

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
hello everyone!! i wanted to know what are all the different types of workouts you ca do with your arms and legs to make them grow bigger.

i read in a magazine that your triceps make up for approximately 2/3 of your upper arms girth... and your bicep... well thats just for looks lol.

also read that calf's..... im sure every GUY/GIRL wants some descent looking calf's especially if your skinny or athletic fit. the article i read says that its one of the most difficult muscle to gain size and definition unless you come from a family that naturally have big legs :[, any who, the article its a tedious task, always stretch it... when working them out switch up the routine and do the best to over work them since its one of the muscles that recover the fastest.

i want to hear what all you can do to improve the size and girth of your arms an legs :D

ohh and im a Bboy/House dancer; soo im always working out the legs and upper body i just want them to appear bigger already :[

Well, I dunno about making them appear bigger, per se, but I do know a couple good exercises for working out the calf.

Easy one: Hold some free weights, feet together, stand up straight, and stand up on your toes - then go back down. Raise and lower until you can't anymore. ;) You could also turn your toes inward and do the same exercises, and turn your toes outward. All work slightly different areas of your calf.

Could also stand on the edge of a stair, or on some books. Put your heels off the books/stair and raise and lower your heels over the edge. Could hold some weights for this too.

Run in place, but instead of lifting your knees, keep them down and try to kick yourself in the ass with your heels. Don't really move your knees much at all, just lift your feet behind your and try to kick your own ass.

Run on a sandy beach. That's killer on your calves.

Wear burkenstocks. Great calf workout, all the fricken time.

As for triceps... Can't get to the gym? Tricep exercises for your home - eTricep.com

My recipe for triceps: pushups, dips, tricep push downs. For calves: calf raises, stairmaster, elliptical machine. Simple. Work out with intensity and duration and make sure you give your self recovery time. Get plenty of good protein after your workout so that you get the most benefit from your recovery time.

My recipe for triceps: pushups, dips, tricep push downs. For calves: calf raises, stairmaster, elliptical machine. Simple. Work out with intensity and duration and make sure you give your self recovery time. Get plenty of good protein after your workout so that you get the most benefit from your recovery time.

Do you plan to post a picture?

Well, I dunno about making them appear bigger, per se, but I do know a couple good exercises for working out the calf.

Easy one: Hold some free weights, feet together, stand up straight, and stand up on your toes - then go back down. Raise and lower until you can't anymore. ;) You could also turn your toes inward and do the same exercises, and turn your toes outward. All work slightly different areas of your calf.

Could also stand on the edge of a stair, or on some books. Put your heels off the books/stair and raise and lower your heels over the edge. Could hold some weights for this too.

Run in place, but instead of lifting your knees, keep them down and try to kick yourself in the ass with your heels. Don't really move your knees much at all, just lift your feet behind your and try to kick your own ass.

Run on a sandy beach. That's killer on your calves.

Wear burkenstocks. Great calf workout, all the fricken time.

As for triceps... Can't get to the gym? Tricep exercises for your home - eTricep.com

These are my calf exercises (minus the birkenstalks. I. Just. Can't.). On non-strength days, I'm sure I look like a freak when I walk around at the beach trying to get a good leg workout. If there are mud flats, I walk in them. If not, I walk in water just below my knees. The resistance works a lot of muscles, and I'll say I think my legs are pretty fierce this summer.

These are my calf exercises (minus the birkenstalks. I. Just. Can't.).

Well, I say burks, but really... any open toed shoe that doesn't have a back will work out your calves while you wear them. You have to kind of scrunch your toes a bit to keep them on your feet each time you take a step.

On non-strength days, I'm sure I look like a freak when I walk around at the beach trying to get a good leg workout. If there are mud flats, I walk in them. If not, I walk in water just below my knees. The resistance works a lot of muscles, and I'll say I think my legs are pretty fierce this summer.
Well then what the heck you need advice for??! ;)

wow these are really great tips thanks a lot imanna try these out and see how they work. ohhh one more thing.... using stair-master *(or the cheap way going up a really tall building)* could you use ankle weights for the calves? and for the triceps yay im already doing these workouts i thinkin 3 months i should be able to notice a difference right? i mean i do pig out and of course the right stuff not junk food and what not.

wow these are really great tips thanks a lot imanna try these out and see how they work. ohhh one more thing.... using stair-master *(or the cheap way going up a really tall building)* could you use ankle weights for the calves? and for the triceps yay im already doing these workouts i thinkin 3 months i should be able to notice a difference right? i mean i do pig out and of course the right stuff not junk food and what not.

Lose the ankle weights. They throw off your balance and will be hard on your joints. You can carry weights. But don't wrap heavy things around parts of your body that aren't meant for it.

I've actually added calf lifts to my leg work out (on the Hammer Strength Linear Leg Press machine). My leg workout consists of five exercises, four sets each. 12-15 reps each set. I do these in two groups, both groups completed as a circuit of super sets.

Group 1, 4 sets
  • Linear leg press x 15 @ 283lbs (plate loaded machine)
  • Calf extension x 15 @ 283lbs (on same linear leg press machine)
  • Linear hack press x 15 @ 150lbs (plate loaded machine)

Group 2, 4 sets
  • Leg extension x 15 @ 70lbs
  • Leg curl x 15 @ 70lbs

I realize my weights aren't all that much compared to what I'm sure many on here do, but I'm forced to graduate in weight slowly due to a bad right knee. I'm getting there and next week will increase my weights on Group 1 by about 10% and Group 2 by about 20% and add one set to each exercise. I'm nervous to say the least but I'm ready because I still have energy to burn at the end of this routine and I recover more quickly than I used to. I don't believe in wasting time at the gym and doing a half assed work out and that's almost how I feel right now with my leg routine.

I haven't really worked my legs in almost twenty years. So this is a pretty good workout for me.

Bulking is about progressively increasing the weights. If you're not increasing the weights, then you're not going to get stronger or bigger.

Back
Top Bottom