• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inception

Orion

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I saw it last night and it was great!

Yes we caught it at the IMAX theater with a new fangled system called D-Box seating. The movie was very well done and I enjoyed it quite a lot. The D-Box thing was IMO just another gimmick and way for them to ramp up the price of the ticket. I hope it, like the other hot gimmick called 3D, goes the way of the dodo bird.;)

Yes we caught it at the IMAX theater with a new fangled system called D-Box seating. The movie was very well done and I enjoyed it quite a lot. The D-Box thing was IMO just another gimmick and way for them to ramp up the price of the ticket. I hope it, like the other hot gimmick called 3D, goes the way of the dodo bird.;)

Yeah movies are expensive these days... I'm glad my date offered to pay for it :D

I heard it was thematically unclever and aesthetically shoddy.
Was going to go tonight, but changed my mind after reading several poor reviews, and ended up renting The Runaways from Redbox instead.

:shrug:

I heard it was thematically unclever and aesthetically shoddy.
Was going to go tonight, but changed my mind after reading several poor reviews, and ended up renting The Runaways from Redbox instead.

:shrug:

Whatever reviews you read are wrong. Even rotten tomatoes is giving it high praise, and those people are a tough sell.

My son and I saw it last week, and we agreed it was the best movie of the summer, so far.

I thought a good way to describe it was "Shutter Island" meets "The Matrix", but with a final maddening twist at the end. You had to pay attention and think about what you were seeing. It was good.

My son and I saw it last week, and we agreed it was the best movie of the summer, so far.

I thought a good way to describe it was "Shutter Island" meets "The Matrix", but with a final maddening twist at the end. You had to pay attention and think about what you were seeing. It was good.

Haven't seen Inception, but caught Shutter Island a couple of weeks ago. Knocked my socks off! Great movie....!!!

In a word, it's cerebral, but not so complicated that you can't follow it. It does make you think though, which I love. I am growing really tired of movies that just spoon feed you the storyline.

In a word, it's cerebral, but not so complicated that you can't follow it. It does make you think though, which I love. I am growing really tired of movies that just spoon feed you the storyline.

There have been too many in this past year that hardly even HAD a storyline. It was all about CGI or 3D and storyline, if any, was incidental. Inception was a refreshing change; even my 14yo thought so.

Now, I enjoy the way modern special effects can make a fantasy setting come alive, as in Lord of the Rings. I enjoy it when it serves the purposes of the storyline, as in Inception. But when the movie is just staggeringly awesome effects without a story, that gets old in a hurry.

Count me as one of the few that didn't like it. And I am usually a big fan of the "out there" movies.

I think I'm going to take myself to see it this weekend. Unfortunately it's not playing at the theatre next to where I work, or I might take a long lunch to see it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom