• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inaction

sKiTzo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Wasn't sure where to post this but US Constitution seemed apt to me. With everything we see happening in US politics, I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed that the Constitution and laws that have been in place are being violated to an unprecedented degree and absolutely NOTHING is done about it. In the America I know, in a case where homeowners on their own property brandish guns to dissuade trespassers from entering their home - if anybody is arrested our laws dictate it must be the trespassers. When this couple was arrested for protecting their home, there is no law against that. They have every right. What the hell is going on? Another example is with the mail-in voting. Mail-in voting is strictly for those who are handicapped. Sending out unsolicited ballots willie-nillie to everyone including peoples pets is ILLEGAL yet the elections committee (or whoever is supposed to oversee that everything is done legally) just stands by and does nothing. What the hell is going on? (Obviously, these are just 2 small examples of an avalanche of such inaction to uphold US laws).

Idk, it's a crazy world these days. The Constitution has been violated a lot lately.

Wasn't sure where to post this but US Constitution seemed apt to me. With everything we see happening in US politics, I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed that the Constitution and laws that have been in place are being violated to an unprecedented degree and absolutely NOTHING is done about it. In the America I know, in a case where homeowners on their own property brandish guns to dissuade trespassers from entering their home - if anybody is arrested our laws dictate it must be the trespassers. When this couple was arrested for protecting their home, there is no law against that. They have every right. What the hell is going on? Another example is with the mail-in voting. Mail-in voting is strictly for those who are handicapped. Sending out unsolicited ballots willie-nillie to everyone including peoples pets is ILLEGAL yet the elections committee (or whoever is supposed to oversee that everything is done legally) just stands by and does nothing. What the hell is going on? (Obviously, these are just 2 small examples of an avalanche of such inaction to uphold US laws).

So is your position that the Second Amendment means that it is always legal to point a gun at someone?

Can you cite the particular Article, Section and Clause of the US Constitution that prevents State Legislatures from creating policies to automatically send ballots to registered voters?

No, the second amendment does not mean that it is always legal to point a gun at someone. The second amendment gives Americans the right to protect their homes, property, and livelihood against attacks which is exactly what that St Louis couple were doing. Is it your position that a homeowner should not be able to lawfully use deadly force to prevent attackers from entering their home?

No, I cannot cite the particular Article, Section and Clause of the US Constitution that prevents State Legislatures from creating policies to automatically send ballots to registered voters. I wrongly assumed the Federal Elections Commission would have basic measures of security in place for voting procedures in order to minimize the amount of voter fraud. They are quite the opposite. What do you think they'll do when they have twice the amount of votes than there are registered voters?

No, the second amendment does not mean that it is always legal to point a gun at someone. The second amendment gives Americans the right to protect their homes, property, and livelihood against attacks which is exactly what that St Louis couple were doing. Is it your position that a homeowner should not be able to lawfully use deadly force to prevent attackers from entering their home?

No, I cannot cite the particular Article, Section and Clause of the US Constitution that prevents State Legislatures from creating policies to automatically send ballots to registered voters. I wrongly assumed the Federal Elections Commission would have basic measures of security in place for voting procedures in order to minimize the amount of voter fraud. They are quite the opposite. What do you think they'll do when they have twice the amount of votes than there are registered voters?

Those poor thugs.

Those poor thugs.
Question: I saw that your political lean is communist - From what has been observed throughout history, are you aware of any differences between communism on paper as opposed to in practice? I'm not for or against. I'm just asking.

No, "our" laws do not dictate that

But I did have to laugh that those lawyers have filed a lawsuit to sue the photographer - you couldn't make it up.
Now that's the kind of stupid that only US law allows.

Back
Top Bottom