• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In your opinion is Ashli Babbit a traitor or a hero?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The right wing media is making Ashli Babbit into a hero and a martyr. Typical lies I have heard are that she was trying to escape the building by climbing out a window and that the policeman shoot her in the head for no reason.. Well, first, she was trying to get into the hall where just a few feet away they were ushering congressmen away from the rioters who like Babbit were trying to get to the congressmen to take them hostage, to hang them, we will never know as the policeman shot the first one through the broken window and the rest of them then just ran. And the policeman did not shoot her in the head, but in the side. My opinion is that this woman took an oath to up hold the constitution and laws of the United States and that oath does not end when you leave the military. In entering the Capital to stop the congress from doing its constitutional duty and following the laws of our country, she violated that oath and thus gave up hr right to expect she would be allowed to attack our capital with impunity. She was not a martyr or a hero, she was a seditionist and paid the price for her actions. What is your opinion?

The oath to the US Constitution is meaningless, especially in this situation.

The right wing media is making Ashli Babbit into a hero and a martyr. Typical lies I have heard are that she was trying to escape the building by climbing out a window and that the policeman shoot her in the head for no reason.. Well, first, she was trying to get into the hall where just a few feet away they were ushering congressmen away from the rioters who like Babbit were trying to get to the congressmen to take them hostage, to hang them, we will never know as the policeman shot the first one through the broken window and the rest of them then just ran. And the policeman did not shoot her in the head, but in the side. My opinion is that this woman took an oath to up hold the constitution and laws of the United States and that oath does not end when you leave the military. In entering the Capital to stop the congress from doing its constitutional duty and following the laws of our country, she violated that oath and thus gave up hr right to expect she would be allowed to attack our capital with impunity. She was not a martyr or a hero, she was a seditionist and paid the price for her actions. What is your opinion?

Ashli Babbitt played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

She was guilty of trespassing and the cop who shot her should be charged with murder.
Trespassing???? So she stood right at the door while a fellow Insurrectionist broke the glass of the last door between them and the door that would have given them complete access to the floor with Representatives still on it and she promptly jumped through the broken window right into a drawn pistol.

I suspect that if anything she did not understand the situation she had put herself in jumping through that window. She surely knew she was the first insurrectionist through the window. What the hell did she think might happen?

Of course Ashli Babbit was a hero, she swore by Trump, stormed the Capitol and had a hate on for Liberals and Dems - that automatically makes her a hero - actually heroine, if we want to use the correct gender noun.

i can believe that Republicans look up to someone who broke into our Capital as the insurrectionists chanted about hanging a politician.

She succumbed to mob mentality. Fortunately most of are intelligent enough to know climbing through a busted out glass door into government building is probably not a wise thing to do.

Trespassing???? So she stood right at the door while a fellow Insurrectionist broke the glass of the last door between them and the door that would have given them complete access to the floor with Representatives still on it and she promptly jumped through the broken window right into a drawn pistol.

I suspect that if anything she did not understand the situation she had put herself in jumping through that window. She surely knew she was the first insurrectionist through the window. What the hell did she think might happen?
She has worked security at a nuclear power plant, she was well aware that lethal response was called for...

She has worked security at a nuclear power plant, she was well aware that lethal response was called for...
I am more questioning whether she actually had weighed the circumstances such that she knew she could be shot:
- did she know that getting through that window meant there was literally nothing but the one officer between her and the last door to the floor
- did she not understand that if the officer did not stop her, those behind her would have climbed through as well, hence though I doubt she understood it, she left him no choice

In any event, the shooting was justified. More blood on Donnie's hands.

Miss Darwin 2021

Back
Top Bottom