• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In your opinion is Ashli Babbit a traitor or a hero?

Did her own actions put her in a position that caused her to deserve die that day, yes, I think it did.
Sure. So did George Floyd's actions, right?

Sure. So did George Floyd's actions, right?

Holy Christ, George Floyd's corpse was at the insurrection too?

Shoot Ashli Babbitt in the face, and then shoot Zombie George.

The right wing media is making Ashli Babbit into a hero and a martyr. Typical lies I have heard are that she was trying to escape the building by climbing out a window and that the policeman shoot her in the head for no reason.. Well, first, she was trying to get into the hall where just a few feet away they were ushering congressmen away from the rioters who like Babbit were trying to get to the congressmen to take them hostage, to hang them, we will never know as the policeman shot the first one through the broken window and the rest of them then just ran. And the policeman did not shoot her in the head, but in the side. My opinion is that this woman took an oath to up hold the constitution and laws of the United States and that oath does not end when you leave the military. In entering the Capital to stop the congress from doing its constitutional duty and following the laws of our country, she violated that oath and thus gave up hr right to expect she would be allowed to attack our capital with impunity. She was not a martyr or a hero, she was a seditionist and paid the price for her actions. What is your opinion?
Mostly she was just an idiot that bought into Trump's Big Lie about the election, ended up participating in an act of violent sedition, and got capped for it.

Don't commit sedition.

And deserved to die that day?
Probably not. She was a victim of Trump’s horse shit. If I were her family or friends, I’d spit in the asshole’s face and accept the consequences. Have we seen such irresponsibility in a leader? Perhaps the WMD excuse for invading Iraq, but even conceding that, I’d trust W’s judgement over Donald’s.

Outstanding. Should all 500 been executed that day? Traitor terrorists, right? Out to murder DEmocrats and Mike Pence.

Don't let them tell you that they care anything about Mike Pence.... ;)

We were given the choice 'hero or traitor', but you're right to consider whether traitor is right. I think it arguably was - violently trying to overturn the presidential election likely threatening members of Congress.
Good point, but the whole episode is so incredibly sad, the tragic consequences of a shameless grifter and people who bought his con.

Doesn't mean she should have paid with her life by an over zealous trigger happy cop.

What happened to unarmed people should be stopped with tasers, rubber bullets, mace? How soon some forget their crazy double standards...
Well, she paid with her life. However, the adjectives 'over zealous trigger happy' are incorrect. As for 'unarmed', she was wearing a backpack. Any officer had to make an assumption that arms or deadly weapons were in that backpack. It's unforunate that there were not any non-lethal alternatives, but once she breached the window opening, there wasn't any feasible alternatives any longer.

If she had gotten in do you really think the others would not have followed, really? And once the mob was in and the mob mentality took over, what would they have done to our congressmen and women?
If the mob had gotten in, they would have rushed the officer and taken his gun. He might have been killed, but worse, the gun might have been used to kill the congress people he was protecting.

We're all giving Ashli Babbitt more attention and consideration than the Trump would, even though she's dead because of him.

Probably not. She was a victim of Trump’s horse shit. If I were her family or friends, I’d spit in the asshole’s face and accept the consequences. Have we seen such irresponsibility in a leader? Perhaps the WMD excuse for invading Iraq, but even conceding that, I’d trust W’s judgement over Donald’s.
Wow. Trump's fault that she was killed. Wow. Just ... wow.

Good point, but the whole episode is so incredibly sad, the tragic consequences of a shameless grifter and people who bought his con.

Exactly. I think all surprise at people falling for cons has pretty much disappeared in the country.

If the mob had gotten in, they would have rushed the officer and taken his gun. He might have been killed, but worse, the gun might have been used to kill the congress people he was protecting.
While the dozen or so swat dudes that were literally three feet behind Babbitt, stood by and watched? Damn, I didn't know Trump's cult ran that deep.

We're all giving Ashli Babbitt more attention and consideration than the Trump would, even though she's dead because of him.

You'd be right except that he found a way to exploit her being killed for his own benefit.

You rationalize breaking an oath by saying that the oath is meaningless. That destroys your credibility.
How does one protect the Constitution? People don't even agree on what the Constitution means. And as @Big Steve said, she was no longer in the military, so she has no duty. She and the others probably thought they were protecting the Constitution.

Outstanding. Should all 500 been executed that day? Traitor terrorists, right? Out to murder DEmocrats and Mike Pence.
Should any of them had been there? You act as if they were all peaceful and no one broke the law by breaking into the capitol.

Face it, you support terrorists...

Should any of them had been there? You act as if they were all peaceful and no one broke the law by breaking into the capitol.

Face it, you support terrorists...
Man up and answer the question. Should all 500 been executed that day? They were all traitor terrorists, right? They were all out to murder Democrats and Mike Pence.

Back
Top Bottom