• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In which of these countries would you want to live MOST ?

?

• Total voters
The real question is which of these countries would like to have americans come and live there? I suspect none. Including the US.

Must be something in the water over there…

I would want to be near my kids, grandkids and parents. Canada is relatively short drive and the fishing is good there.

I would want to be near my kids, grandkids and parents. Canada is relatively short drive and the fishing is good there.

Newfoundland is beautiful and has great fishing (fresh & salt)

The people are even better.

The real question is which of these countries would like to have americans come and live there? I suspect none. Including the US.
Live there, perhaps not. Arrive there when their very existence is threaten, sure thing.

Switzerland and Canada are my top choices - New Zealand if it was available.

As I'm mixed race - I have zero desire to "live" and get shot in the USA. Seen far too many examples of horrible policing in the USA to ever want to visit or live there.
My two eldest are at risk of going there - my eldest if his Royal Navy ship goes to a US port and my second if he gets a job in big Pharma. My youngest writes computer games so she doesn't have to go anywhere near the USA - she can work from anywhere she wants when she grows up.

USA

USA

USA
1664043142590.jpeg

(Donna Douglas was only 30 years younger than Irene Ryan. Max Baer is the sole surviving cast member @ age 85 ...)

Last edited:
I have lived abroad in several countries and I have never felt unwelcome.

I chose North Korea and Russia to show solidarity with Trump.

MAGA.

USA, in Northern California.

Then Mexico (Guanajuato) and Italy, say Florence or Siena.

Canada, Germany, and Switzerland because France isn't on the list.

The US wouldn't be in the top ten because both the government and society are so backward.

Canada, Germany, and Switzerland because France isn't on the list.
I live in Germany - about ten minutes by car from France.
Sometimes I go there, have a good meal, and can be back home 2 hours later.
The best of both worlds.

Where I would also like to live is Liechtenstein or Luxembourg.

USA. For many reasons, most of which are malicious.

I have been around the world ......there is no place like home......we may be crazy and we sure as hell make our mistakes ......but by the grace of god and the wisdom of our founders we are free....
I would think that anybody that has been around the world would have seen a dozen countries that are just as good, if not better, than the USA.

1: USA
2: USA
3: USA

Basically, because I'm biased

after that i guess if i was forced it would be Canada, New Zealand???
Anybody that votes all three for the USA is not welcome in New Zealand.

The best of both worlds.

That's fun. In Canada by car, you can visit the US and that's it. Depending on the city, it be quicker to the US than other Canadian cities. Though Quebec is different from the rest of Canada.

How do you get past the Maginot Line?
I have 2 answers to that:

1) that line is further to the West - so I do not have to cross it
2) the Maginot fortresses are museums now

Your choice.

Choose your TOP 3.

If I had to live in another country, it would definitely be Canada, hands down. But I could never dream about living outside the United States for any reason.

The best of both worlds.

If I had my choice it would be an area encircled by Reims France, Colonge and, Stuttgart Germany and Strasbourg France. That would also include much of the Ardenne forest in southern Belgium.

As I sit here on my deck with an ocean view of the Tasman Sea nearing sunset while having a glass of wine... I have never lived anywhere better.

Strasbourg France.
In the olden days, Strasbourg - or Straßburg, as it was called then - was the centre of the region where I live in Germany.
In the days when the Cathedral of Straßburg was built.
And there was a law that all the mill stones in the Straßburg region had to come from my home town, as we had the best rocks in our quarry.

Back
Top Bottom