• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In vetoing Jordan and Banks, Pelosi safeguards history, democracy and Capitol attack probe

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

AALPiKA.img

7/21/21
Say what you will about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and there are multitudes with lots to say, she is a woman with a steel backbone and a laser focus on history – both the centuries past and the countless pages yet to be written. Though it was shocking and apparently unprecedented that she rejected two of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s choices for the select committee that will be investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, it probably should not have been. Pelosi is not interested in a dog-and-pony show, in distractions that will give endless fodder to conservative media outlets and undercut the gravity of the task before this panel. A speaker who has helmed two impeachments, painful procedures that exposed egregious offenses by President Donald Trump yet failed to remove him from office, knows exactly what would happen if she gave a platform to Republican Reps. Jim Jordan and Jim Banks. Both of them voted to object to the state-certified results of the election – even though the Justice Department and dozens of courts had found the objections groundless. Banks and Jordan have shown us who they are.

"I will never be ashamed to say that Donald Trump is the most effective president of my lifetime," Banks said this month at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Upon being named to the select committee Monday, Banks said it should also investigate "hundreds of violent political riots" last summer. Jordan has been such a zealous defender of Trump and his 2020 "victory" that five days after the insurrection at the Capitol, Trump gave him the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Former House Speaker John Boehner has called his fellow Ohio Republican "a legislative terrorist." That is no doubt why McCarthy picked him and why Pelosi made the call to hand the GOP some short-term ammunition in exchange for a long-term historical record that doesn't get derailed by conservative media plays and what-aboutism. Pelosi is right to safeguard these proceedings. We must know what to do to make sure nothing like Jan. 6 can ever happen again.

Kudos to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for removing two Trump sychophants from this historical panel. She is considering appointing Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois to replace the Jim Jordan conspiracy nut.

Kevin McCarthy? He can't descend any lower. A Trump Quisling in the classic sense.

She is a better chess player than the republican leaders. McCarthy's ploy was predictable and he continues to disappoint.

AALPiKA.img

Kudos to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for removing two Trump sychophants from this historical panel. She is considering appointing Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois to replace the Jim Jordan conspiracy nut.

Kevin McCarthy? He can't descend any lower. A Trump Quisling in the classic sense.
Damn...that article doesn't have to go much further than they have to give Nancy an orgasm.

The lies and nonsense in that article are nothing short of astounding.

The fact is, all Nancy IS interested in is a dog and pony show that she can control...and her actions have that goal in mind, even to the notion of appointing the Trump hating Kinzinger.

Damn...that article doesn't have to go much further than they have to give Nancy an orgasm.

The fact is, all Nancy IS interested in is a dog and pony show that she can control...and her actions have that goal in mind, even to the notion of appointing the Trump hating Kinzinger.
McCarthy (and by extension, Trump) had his chance for bipartisonship and passed.

You are dismissed.

I think you're missing the whole point here. It's more important to appoint someone who pledges their allegiance to the Constitution and the American people, as opposed to one Man. Everything McCarthy and most of his loyal puppets do points to their loyalty to the cult.

McCarthy want's to be speaker. He will never get there if he can't display some real leadership. That would look like him making his own decisions instead of running to Trump every time he gets in a position to make a tough decision. He's is as lame as they get. Nancy can out maneuver that fool blindfolded while she's asleep.

McCarthy (and by extension, Trump) had his chance for bipartisonship and passed.

You are dismissed.
There is no "extension" to Trump. He doesn't control anybody in government.

And Nancy isn't interested in bipartisanship...no matter what nonsense she spews to the useful idiots. McCarthy has no obligation to take part in her dog and pony show.

I think you're missing the whole point here. It's more important to appoint someone who pledges their allegiance to the Constitution and the American people, as opposed to one Man. Everything McCarthy and most of his loyal puppets do points to their loyalty to the cult.

McCarthy want's to be speaker. He will never get there if he can't display some real leadership. That would look like him making his own decisions instead of running to Trump every time he gets in a position to make a tough decision. He's is as lame as they get. Nancy can out maneuver that fool blindfolded while she's asleep.
None of the people Nancy wants has any "allegiance to the Constitution and the American people". They are all Trump hating political opportunists.

And hell...Kinzinger is already a non-issue in the congressional scheme of things. He won't be a House member after the election next year. His only use is to whomever hates Trump as much as he does.

I did not think she would do it. I am delighted she did. I am shocked that Liz Cheney backed her up. Both women have backbone. That is becoming a very rare commodity in Washington. Thank you for opening up this topic for discussion, @Rogue Valley.

You actually think Trump isn't calling the shots? Lol. You poor thing.

And Nancy isn't interested in bipartisanship...no matter what nonsense she spews to the useful idiots.

...and you're a mind reader? Please tell me more of what Pelosi is thinking.

McCarthy has no obligation to take part in her dog and pony show.

Agreed. Elections have consequences. He can watch from the sidelines while planning his next trip to Mar a lago to visit the cult leader and get his latest orders.

Speaking of Pelosi, I saw this bumper sticker this morning: "Well-behaved women seldom make history."

AALPiKA.img

So let's pick a guy represented in a law suit against Trump by the NAACP for the committee chair, and a sympathetic Republican to participate in her hypocritical probe.

Speaking of Pelosi, I saw this bumper sticker this morning: "Well-behaved women seldom make history."
Such a "moderate" statement is common.

So let's pick a guy represented in a law suit against Trump by the NAACP for the committee chair, and a sympathetic Republican to participate in her hypocritical probe.
Which 6 would you choose?

If Pelosi wanted to "safeguard" democracy, she'd allow amendments to be introduced on the house floor. All this is is grandstanding over a non issue.

I use to think Southern conservative men were tough when I was in my teens and twenties. Hell, I was once one of them.

Now I realize, since I'm close to 60, that a ton of them are just ginormous ****ing cry babies.

I use to think Southern conservative men were tough when I was in my teens and twenties. Hell, I was once one of them.

Now I realize, since I'm close to 60, that a ton of them are just ginormous ****ing cry babies.

Who buy oversized guns and pickups to compensate.

Who buy oversized guns and pickups to compensate.
A ton of them have women problems too. Divorce or daughters or sex issues or wives that don't listen.

They were promised 1950. They eventually got female CEOs and VPs and astronauts.

McCarthy want's to be speaker. He will never get there if he can't display some real leadership. That would look like him making his own decisions instead of running to Trump every time he gets in a position to make a tough decision.
True. Or it should be. It wouldn't surprise me if McCarthy hates T****'s guts. It just seems like every decision he makes is about how it helps Kevin stay popular, and right now, that includes carrying T**** on his back.

And Nancy isn't interested in bipartisanship...no matter what nonsense she spews to the useful idiots. McCarthy has no obligation to take part in her dog and pony show.
LOL! What colossal delusion! Kev was just down there kissing Trump's ring again. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom