• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In unison, Muslim clerics lash out against Islamic State

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Its about ****ing time!!!!!!!!

BAGHDAD (AP) — The immolation of a Jordanian pilot by the Islamic State group has brought a unified outcry Friday from top religious clerics across the Muslim world — including a prominent jihadi preacher — who insisted the militants have gone too far.

Last edited:
I like this part;

BAGHDAD (AP) — The immolation of a Jordanian pilot by the Islamic State group has brought a unified outcry Friday from top religious clerics across the Muslim world — including a prominent jihadi preacher — who insisted the militants have gone too far.

Like all the things that ISIS did before killing of this pilot hadn't quite "gone too far" yet.

Still, it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

HEAR! HEAR! Its about ****ing time!!!!!!!! INDEED!

Or is it the first time that the media has actually covered this story in any reasonable amount?

Its been going on way before this.....

Yes, they protest when one of their own is killed but remain silent otherwise. There is a word to describe people like this.

Last time I checked, when you wave a picket sign or like a picture on facebook you still don't really stop some moron with an AK from massacring people.

Pacifists can take a fist up themselves if they think that bullcrap will ever work.

Last time I checked, when you wave a picket sign or like a picture on facebook you still don't really stop some moron with an AK from massacring people.
Ummm ok............... Your point being???

Pacifists can take a fist up themselves if they think that bullcrap will ever work.
Ok.... And your point is? Every Muslim who condemns ISIS now has to "prove" it by taking up arms against them?

Conservatives have been saying for ages Muslims need to speak up about terrorism, now they are speaking up and it's just occurred to you that speaking does **** all?

Yes, they protest when one of their own is killed but remain silent otherwise. There is a word to describe people like this.
`
Yeah...It's called: Americans.

Its been going on way before this.....

Good to see, and good to hear.

I can't imagine why the news media hasn't covered this in greater frequency and with greater fanfare, leading off news broadcasts for example, or perhaps as an adjunct part of every report of a Militant Islamic Fundamentalist terrorism story.

Would seem to me that doing so would have lead to far less anti-Muslim thought and actions, as if the media really cared about that, truth, honesty and integrity much.

Ok.... And your point is? Every Muslim who condemns ISIS now has to "prove" it by taking up arms against them?
The only way to please Islamophobes is for every Muslim to kill each other until there's no one left... :roll:

They've been doing this all along, you people just haven't paid attention.

They've been doing this all along, you people just haven't paid attention.

So why do think so many 100's of millions feel the same way as "us" people? All "we" people all similarly afflicted?

Unless it was Imam Obama...what difference does it make?

Terrorist-Ahoy.jpg

I can't imagine why the news media hasn't covered this in greater frequency and with greater fanfare, leading off news broadcasts for example, or perhaps as an adjunct part of every report of a Militant Islamic Fundamentalist terrorism story.

Would seem to me that doing so would have lead to far less anti-Muslim thought and actions, as if the media really cared about that, truth, honesty and integrity much.
News like that does not sell. No blood, no gore, no scandal, not a high priority story.

The only way to please Islamophobes is for every Muslim to kill each other until there's no one left... :roll:
Muslims seem to be doing quite a job of killing each other off without any outside involvement at all. Are these Muslims Islamophobic as well?

Maybe Obama has the right idea that Muslims should continue to murder each other and then leave the mopping-up exercise to his successor.

So why do think so many 100's of millions feel the same way as "us" people? All "we" people all similarly afflicted?

Yep. Because you live in a nation where "muslims protest peacefully somewhere on the other side of the world" isn't something you would call breaking news. CNN doesn't spend an hour talking about it because it doesn't sell advertising space. it isn't exciting, it isn't scary, it isn't funny, it isn't a scandal,it isn't new, and it doesnt affect your daily life. Needs a hook.

It happens every day. Every attack that these Islamic terrorists commit, there is mass condemnation. But unless you go looking for it, you aren't going to see it because OH MY GOD LOOK WHAT KATY PERRY WORE AT THE SUPERBOWL.

The fundamental media bias isn't political, it is financial. "Muslims on other side of the planet want peace" isn't a story that sells advertising space. Death and explosions do. i'd place blame on them, but we're the ones buying the product so it's not like we are blameless ourselves.

There are over 1.7 billion Muslims in the world and you're impressed with a hashtag campaign saying "Not in my name"? How has any of these 'protests', if they are even worth of the term, helped? They are completely and absolutely ineffective.

When Muslims protest cartoons they damage millions in property and murder people indiscriminately. These people are useless in stopping any Islamic violence spreading around the word. They're observers in all of this carnage, just like everyone else.

There are over 1.7 billion Muslims in the world and you're impressed with a hashtag campaign saying "Not in my name"? How has any of these 'protests', if they are even worth of the term, helped? They are completely and absolutely ineffective.

When Muslims protest cartoons they damage millions in property and murder people indiscriminately. These people are useless in stopping any Islamic violence spreading around the word. They're observers in all of this carnage, just like everyone else.
Have you personally taken action against violent street gangs?

I like this part;

Like all the things that ISIS did before killing of this pilot hadn't quite "gone too far" yet.

Still, it's better than nothing.

Its just for show.

"Going too far", was burning the pilot. If they had beheaded him, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

Back
Top Bottom