• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

In Turkish Movie, Americans (troops) Kill Innocents

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hmmm, the subject of American troops killing innocents in Iraq is not that far off, but the part where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs afterwards and sells them to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Anyway, the underlying theme of the movie here is the Turkish people's depth of contempt for Americans in general and American troops in Iraq in particular.

My opinion is that what goes around comes around and I'm wondering if that movie will make it to my local theatre? I'd like to see it for myself and I hope the Bushies don't try to ban it from coming here.

Legally,they (Bush) can't ban foreign DVD's via the "Patriot-Act", can they?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1569087&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312&ad=true

In Turkish Movie, Americans Kill Innocents

ISTANBUL, Turkey Feb 2, 2006 — In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" set to open in Turkey on Friday feeds off the increasingly negative feelings many Turks harbor toward their longtime NATO allies: Americans.

The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million, is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months.

One recent opinion poll revealed the depth of the hostility in Turkey toward Americans: 53 percent of Turks who responded to the 2005 Pew Global Attitudes survey associated Americans with the word "rude"; 70 percent with "violent"; 68 percent with "greedy"; and 57 percent with "immoral."

Advance tickets are already selling out across Turkey for the film, which has dialogue in Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish and English. In addition to Turkey, the film is set to be shown in more than a dozen other countries including the United States, Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Britain, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, Syria and Australia...

KidRocks said:
Hmmm, the subject of American troops killing innocents in Iraq is not that far off, but the part where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs afterwards and sells them to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Anyway, the underlying theme of the movie here is the Turkish people's depth of contempt for Americans in general and American troops in Iraq in particular.

My opinion is that what goes around comes around and I'm wondering if that movie will make it to my local theatre? I'd like to see it for myself and I hope the Bushies don't try to ban it from coming here.

Legally,they (Bush) can't ban foreign DVD's via the "Patriot-Act", can they?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1569087&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312&ad=true

In Turkish Movie, Americans Kill Innocents

ISTANBUL, Turkey Feb 2, 2006 — In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.

"Valley of the Wolves Iraq" set to open in Turkey on Friday feeds off the increasingly negative feelings many Turks harbor toward their longtime NATO allies: Americans.

The movie, which reportedly cost some $10 million, is the latest in a new genre of popular culture that demonizes the United States. It comes on the heels of a novel called "Metal Storm" about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best seller for months.

One recent opinion poll revealed the depth of the hostility in Turkey toward Americans: 53 percent of Turks who responded to the 2005 Pew Global Attitudes survey associated Americans with the word "rude"; 70 percent with "violent"; 68 percent with "greedy"; and 57 percent with "immoral."

Advance tickets are already selling out across Turkey for the film, which has dialogue in Turkish, Arabic, Kurdish and English. In addition to Turkey, the film is set to be shown in more than a dozen other countries including the United States, Britain, Germany, The Netherlands, Britain, Denmark, Russia, Egypt, Syria and Australia...
This only tells me that Turkey is 30 years behind us when it comes to moveiemaking...

Remember the 60s & 70s movies?...How many had Mother Russia as the unscrupulous enemy?...How many movies were about someone sneaking back into Vietnam to save a couple prisoners?...

Or you can just go read another James Bond book and learn about SMERSH & SPECTRE...

Movies from country "A" will always have to find country "B" to be their enemy...

For Turkey, this was our turn...:shrug:

But it shouldn't matter anyway...Remember, the Left likes to remind everyone that movies are just "movies" and there never is any underlying theme or commentary being shown...According to some of them, movies can't be influential at all...

Brokeback Mountain wins 75 gajillion awards because it's a great film and wasn't meant to push an agenda....F911 won at Cannes because it was a great film and wasn't meant to push an agenda...:roll:

Nothing influential 'bout them either....right?...:2wave:

cnredd said:
This only tells me that Turkey is 30 years behind us when it comes to moveiemaking...

Remember the 60s & 70s movies?...How many had Mother Russia as the unscrupulous enemy?...How many movies were about someone sneaking back into Vietnam to save a couple prisoners?...

Or you can just go read another James Bond book and learn about SMERSH & SPECTRE...

Movies from country "A" will always have to find country "B" to be their enemy...

For Turkey, this was our turn...:shrug:

But it shouldn't matter anyway...Remember, the Left likes to remind everyone that movies are just "movies" and there never is any underlying theme or commentary being shown...According to some of them, movies can't be influential at all...

Brokeback Mountain wins 75 gajillion awards because it's a great film and wasn't meant to push an agenda....F911 won at Cannes because it was a great film and wasn't meant to push an agenda...:roll:

Nothing influential 'bout them either....right?...:2wave:

LOL... what, pray tell, will be your reaction when Hollywood awards it the Academy Award for "Best Foreign Film" ?

Ah, I can just see the spin-offs now coming from Mexico, China, Russia, Italy, Australia, England, Canada, France...

Last edited:
KidRocks said:
LOL... what, pray tell, will be your reaction when Hollywood awards it the "Best Foreign Film" Academy Award?

Ah, I can just see the spin-offs now coming from Mexico, China, Russia, Italy, Australia, England, Canada, France...

That would probably mean that it's a pretty good film. We know, that to you, it means it's all true and absolute....especially since it sides with your ideology.

Earth to kidrocks. There's a bigger picture, son. Try and see. Come on, you can do it.

KCConservative said:
That would probably mean that it's a pretty good film. We know, that to you, it means it's all true and absolute....especially since it sides with your ideology.

Earth to kidrocks. There's a bigger picture, son. Try and see. Come on, you can do it.

There is none bigger picture then the one playing in the Iraqi Theater right now my friend, just you ask President Bush & Co.

Class dismissed.

KidRocks said:
There is none bigger picture then the one playing in the Iraqi Theater right now

And? Does that validate anything.....my friend?

We brought this on ourselves. Turkey isn't the only country that hates America.

KCConservative said:
And? Does that validate anything.....my friend?

It validates most everything, but I don't expect you to understand my friend.

KidRocks said:
It validates most everything, but I don't expect you to understand my friend.
Hang on there, Cowboy. Your rhetorical hate is getting ahead of your logic. Tell us what it validates.

KCConservative said:
Hang on there, Cowboy. Your rhetorical hate is getting ahead of your logic. Tell us what it validates.

Oh gosh, I really do not feel up to working that hard tonight, but...

Let's start with the basics...

Like, where are those pesky WMD's?

Google the rest and you will see President Bush admit many mistakes were made in his rush to war.

In time you too will see the bigger picture but for now, trust me when I say it was a grave mistake for President Bush to invade Iraq.

I'm only trying to protect you my son when ask I you to reserve judgement on the anti-war crowd. Give it time to sink in.

Remember Vietnam!

Last edited:
KidRocks said:

Google the rest and you will see President Bush admit many mistakes were made in his rush to war.

In time you too will see the bigger picture but for now, trust me when I say it was a grave mistake for President Bush to invade Iraq.

I'm only trying to protect you my son when ask you to reserve judgement on the anti-war crowd. Give it time to sink in.

Remember Vietnam!

That's all wonderful stuff, kidrocks. I know it's what really excites you. But, what does any of it have to do with Turkey making a movie? :lol: And wipe the spittle off of your keyboard.

KCConservative said:
That's all wonderful stuff, kidrocks. I know it's what really excites you. But, what does any of it have to do with Turkey making a movie? :lol: And wipe the spittle off of your keyboard.

Use Turkey (and their producing a very anti-American movie) to gage the feelings of most of the Middle-East's contempt for President Bush. It's all relevant. In fact, you can gage most of the civilized worlds feelings through that Turkish movie also.

It validates their view of America as an aggressor nation, and by extent, many Americans as violent, rude, and crude, with cowboy-mentalities just like their President. You know, your ilk.

KidRocks said:
Use Turkey (and their producing a very anti-American movie) to gage the feelings of most of the Middle-East's contempt for President Bush. It's all relevant. In fact, you can gage most of the civilized worlds feelings through that Turkish movie also.

It validates their view of America as an aggressor nation, and by extent, many Americans as violent, rude, and crude, with cowboy-mentalities just like their President. You know, your ilk.
Your going to "gauge" feelings of a region based on a movie?!?!?!?...

I guess I should base my feelings towards all whites and blacks through Pulp Fiction?

All Italians through Godfather?

All Asians through Rush Hour?

Just "wow"...:roll:

And recently, their most popular book was Mein Furer, Hitlers classic, I wonder what the point is to all of this?:rofl

cnredd said:
Your going to "gauge" feelings of a region based on a movie?!?!?!?...

I guess I should base my feelings towards all whites and blacks through Pulp Fiction?

All Italians through Godfather?

All Asians through Rush Hour?

Just "wow"...:roll:

Exactly, thank you.

Deegan said:
And recently, their most popular book was Mein Furer, Hitlers classic, I wonder what the point is to all of this?:rofl

You beat me to it. I was going to point out the same.

Of course, in that reactionary world created by people who ascribe to the notion that an enemy of their enemy is their friend, what is a little genocidal Jooo hatred between friends, anyway?

Gotta love dems Nazis as long as they hate who we hate, right?

Something that’s not really being said (unless I missed it) is this people will believe its all true and no matter what you say you wont convince them of the truth.

Case in point.
I got into a heated debate with a person over Marines in Iraq not being able to kill insurgents. “It was said God was protecting the insurgents”. I found the news report the person used and showed the rest of the board how he lied and rewrote the story.
Everyone told me I was the liar.

It was said God was protecting the insurgents? After the battle the Marines found out why it took several shots to bring a person down…Drugs…
It’s a wonder what you can do when you feel absolutely no pain.

KidRocks said:

I'm only trying to protect you my son when ask I you to reserve judgement on the anti-war crowd. Give it time to sink in.

Remember Vietnam!

A. In Syria accoding to a former high ranking Iraqi general.

B. Vietnam? Oh, you mean that time an evil Communist dictatorship backed by the Soviets and the Chinese invaded their peaceful, Democratic, and prosperous neighbor to the south then the U.S. came to to the South Vietnamese aid and after the U.S. was forced to leave by Communist sympathisers and agitators in their own country the V.C. Commie bastards proceeded to take over South Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos, which resulted in over 2,000,000 dead civilians in Cambodia alone in the worst scene of genocide since World War 2? That Vietnam???

I don't buy that some Turkish film Director represents all Turks any more than Michael Moore represents all Americans! :roll:

easyt65 said:
I don't buy that some Turkish film Director represents all Turks any more than Michael Moore represents all Americans! :roll:

Nor do I but many people will...think of it this way

"My cleric would never lie to me."

cherokee said:
Nor do I but many people will...think of it this way

"My cleric would never lie to me."

Was the film director a Cleric?
- No one would confuse michael Moore with one. :)

easyt65 said:
Was the film director a Cleric?
- No one would confuse michael Moore with one. :)

Not that I know of BUT thats not the point.

The clerics will use it in the anti US crusade.
and people will believe it to be 100% true.

Back
Top Bottom