• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Texas border town, skepticism ahead of Trump visit to push wall

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ead-of-trump-visit-to-push-wall-idUSKCN1P416F

MCALLEN, Texas (Reuters) - The serene National Butterfly Center in Hidalgo County, Texas, occupies a 100-acre preserve steps away from the U.S.-Mexico line, where President Donald Trump is expected to visit on Thursday to push for a southern border wall.

But for Marianna Trevino-Wright, the center’s director, it is the barrier itself - not an influx of criminals - that poses the greatest risk to the sanctuary, given that current plans call for the wall to bisect its property.
===============================================
The center's director stated that they wouldn't have lived there & raised six children if the area wasn't safe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ead-of-trump-visit-to-push-wall-idUSKCN1P416F

MCALLEN, Texas (Reuters) - The serene National Butterfly Center in Hidalgo County, Texas, occupies a 100-acre preserve steps away from the U.S.-Mexico line, where President Donald Trump is expected to visit on Thursday to push for a southern border wall.

But for Marianna Trevino-Wright, the center’s director, it is the barrier itself - not an influx of criminals - that poses the greatest risk to the sanctuary, given that current plans call for the wall to bisect its property.
===============================================
The center's director stated that they wouldn't have lived there & raised six children if the area wasn't safe.

The border crisis has been a carefully crafted MSM sideshow engineered by Trump. Media manipulation at its' finest, don't ya' know? I'm not exactly sure what Trump's goal is, but it must be on schedule or he would have cratered. My guess is that he is monitoring the ratings and they're working for him. What that leads to is anybody's guess. There are many ways to moniter the ratings from effect on base, effect on opposition, effect on Congress, effect on political allies, just to itemize the narrow scope of my own observations. My suggestion is that the loyal opposition make a better study of their options from an MSM standpoint. This border crisis is a nothingburger being MSM'd as a big deal. That's the problem.
/

The border crisis has been a carefully crafted MSM sideshow engineered by Trump. Media manipulation at its' finest, don't ya' know? I'm not exactly sure what Trump's goal is, but it must be on schedule or he would have cratered. My guess is that he is monitoring the ratings and they're working for him. What that leads to is anybody's guess. There are many ways to moniter the ratings from effect on base, effect on opposition, effect on Congress, effect on political allies, just to itemize the narrow scope of my own observations. My suggestion is that the loyal opposition make a better study of their options from an MSM standpoint. This border crisis is a nothingburger being MSM'd as a big deal. That's the problem.
/

I would be surprised of Trump had enough foresight for this to be a carefully engineered strategy. And I don't know how a carefully engineered strategy that ends up looking like total incompetence would help him.

Back
Top Bottom