• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In terms of alcoholic drinks, what do you prefer?

• wine

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • beer

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • whisky

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • vodka

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • liqueur

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • brandy

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • cocktails

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • beer-mix or wine-mix drinks

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • others

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • none

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

It depends on the situation and purpose. I like a well made cocktail with good conversation and friends before dinner, a nice wine "with" and scotch "after" or while playing cards or shooting pool. There's nothing like an ice cold beer with lunch on a hot day especially with a great hamburger and fries or Mexican. Then again if we're settling in with good friends and serving Mexican a bottomless pitcher of Margaritas can't be beat. Billiards, beer and something salty is a great way to spend the afternoon and evening. Sitting alone with a good book a low fire and a decent scotch is a great way to spend a winters night.

Well, hell. Could have just read that I could have multiple choices. :shrug:

I like vodka for my mixed drinks, and I like wine if it's reeeeeeally cold. But my go-to is just beer. At the end of the day, I go outside on the sun porch, turn on some music, grab a beer and tell my dog "beer thirty!" and he runs to the porch with me. It's kind of a thing with us.

When I drank the hard stuff, it was Old Grandad or Jack and coke, and Vodka, cranberry and ginger ale. Now, it's Natural Ice beer, rarely.

Irish whiskey over ice, now, if I drink at all. But, I can't really remember the last time that was...maybe two Christmas parties ago, when I last smoke weed and got way too stoned.

Do you guys not have lager?

Do you guys not have lager?

Most beers in the US are some form of lager, except for the triple IPAs that seem to be beloved by hipsters.

I used to like Trappist ales, but I was considered to be a beer snob.

Last edited:
Nothing like a good margarita! I added the word 'good' because I have had so many bad ones. NOt sure how so many places manage to F up a margarita, but they do. Oddly enough, the best place to go if you like margaritas done right is Applebees. A close second is a cucumber martini.

Same with a Martini. How can you screw up a drink that consists of 2 liquors?

I agree with Fletch. There's nothing like a good pitcher of Margaritas in the summer.

Don't drink much any more but..

Cold beer when it is hot

Red wine when it is cool

Mixed drinks in the evening

Generally bourbon or scotch on the rocks, though I don’t drink all that much. I joined a liquor club (I guess) called Flaviar so I’ve been trying other bourbons and liquors I wouldn’t normally. Beer is also good, but that’s generally reserved for eating out, or when we’re visiting family.

I'm a beer guy. I will drink the harder stuff on occasion, but I don't prefer it, and I drink far too fast.

I used to prefer Budweiser and Heineken, but switched to malt liquor like Steel Reserve simply because it's cheap, hit's that 'sweet-spot' of getting me buzzed without causing too many problems, and because I can virtually drink anything, even if Steel Reserve is actually garbage. As I became more concerned with my rampant alcohol abuse, I switched to focusing on craft beers, which are more expensive, harder to drink in large qauntities on a small budget, but are so much more interesting. I now love IPAs and stouts.

Lagunitas is no longer technically a 'craft beer', as it was bought out by a macrobrewery, but it tends to be my neutral go-to when not trying new things. The Schnuck's in the town that I work at has an insanely diverse selection of beer--I can definitely recommend Founder's barrel-aged, 'Backwoods Bastard'.

It's my day off, and I don't have an interview for my second job until tommorow, at noon. Right now I'm half-way through two and a half bottles of MD 20/20.

I have actually started making my own beer. The first time my brother and I made a four-gallon IPA. Because of the preferences of those around me, and because I got an Octoberfest style kit as a gift, I plan on making a ten-gallong lager, but I need another fridge, and I should probably throw the yeast packet out and replace it with another.

Last edited:
Do you know that delicious Snakebite! :)

Do you know that delicious Snakebite! :)

Snakebite is drunk here as well.
Do you have a tradition of the dirty pint for special occasions? It's where a group of people buy a pint and then chuck in random shots to make it as horrible as possible.
It can get pretty fruity if people are in a boisterous mood.

Snakebite is drunk here as well.
Do you have a tradition of the dirty pint for special occasions? It's where a group of people buy a pint and then chuck in random shots to make it as horrible as possible.
It can get pretty fruity if people are in a boisterous mood.

Snakebite is usually not known among Germans.

But I enjoy it in the Irish Pubs here.

Snakebite is usually not known among Germans.

But I enjoy it in the Irish Pubs here.

Snakebite in the UK is normally a half lager, cider and blackcurrant juice I think but I could be wrong as it's been a while.

Snakebite in the UK is normally a half lager, cider and blackcurrant juice I think but I could be wrong as it's been a while.

That is exactly the way I know it: a half lager, cider and blackcurrant juice :peace

I prefer my own homemade moonshine.

Voters 27

12 x wine
15 x beer

12 out of 28 say wine :)
Can we raise that to 13 out of 29 :)

Back
Top Bottom