• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In terms of alcoholic drinks, what do you prefer?

• wine

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • beer

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • whisky

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • vodka

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • liqueur

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • brandy

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • cocktails

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • beer-mix or wine-mix drinks

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • others

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • none

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I love beer all the different micro brews that exist... It's endless.

I do like spirits but not as much. Very picky about Scotch and I like dark rum. But otherwise not into liquor.

@ beer-mix or wine-mix drinks

beer-mix drinks I know as shandy - "Radler" in German
wine-mix drinks I know as spritzer - "Schorle in German

Or do you also know and use other terms?

Nothing like a good margarita! I added the word 'good' because I have had so many bad ones. NOt sure how so many places manage to F up a margarita, but they do. Oddly enough, the best place to go if you like margaritas done right is Applebees. A close second is a cucumber martini.

4 Voters

2 x wine
4 x beer

@ spritzer

Spritzer is derived from the variant of the German language spoken in Austria, where the drink is very popular. It is used alongside the equally common form Gespritzter (mostly pronounced G'spritzter, a noun derived from the past participle of spritzen, i.e. squirt), a term also found in some German regions, such as Hessen (e.g. Süssgespritzter, i.e. a "sweet spritzer" using fizzy lemonade instead of soda water (Sauergespritzter)). In most of Germany, the word "Schorle" is used to denote a Spritzer.

Spritzer - Wikipedia

So you use an Austrian word in English :)

Prefer micro brewery craft beers.

Beer tends to be my "go to" for relaxation. The lower alcohol content allows me to enjoy more of it over a longer period of time so it's generally a better choice for me in large group events.

Wine is something I tend to enjoy with food and friends in smaller groups. I find it to be a more intimate drink than beer and that it promotes better conversations.

Whisky and other spirits are something I find I enjoy most as a way to close out an evening of food and friends. The higher alcohol content seems to kind of promote digestion and the complexities of most spirits is enhanced by the alcohol content thus giving me something to pleasantly contemplate as I drift off for the night.

Beer tends to be my "go to" for relaxation. The lower alcohol content allows me to enjoy more of it over a longer period of time so it's generally a better choice for me in large group events.

Wine is something I tend to enjoy with food and friends in smaller groups. I find it to be a more intimate drink than beer and that it promotes better conversations.

Whisky and other spirits are something I find I enjoy most as a way to close out an evening of food and friends. The higher alcohol content seems to kind of promote digestion and the complexities of most spirits is enhanced by the alcohol content thus giving me something to pleasantly contemplate as I drift off for the night.

Some refer to that as “passing out!”.............:mrgreen:

Some refer to that as “passing out!”.............:mrgreen:

That's when I start with beer, move on to wine as the evening progresses and then hit the bourbon because by that point I AM the party!

That's when I start with beer, move on to wine as the evening progresses and then hit the bourbon because by that point I AM the party!

When I was younger, beer was the only drink. As age catches up, I am only able to drink about two brews daily. Bourbon has been the daily swill for a few years now.

In our region we specialize in the production and consumption of l' eau de vie - just a like it is done in neighbouring Alsace.

In English-speaking countries, eau de vie refers to a distilled beverage made from fruit other than grapes. Similar terms may be local translations or may specify the fruit used to produce it. Although eau de vie is a French term, similar beverages are produced in other countries (e.g., German Schnaps, Balkan rakia, Turkish rakı, Romanian țuică, Czech and Slovak pálenka, Hungarian pálinka, and Sri Lankan coconut arrack).

Eau de vie - Wikipedia

Our word for it is: "Edelbranntwein" = noble brandy

my go to is generally weak to medium vodka mixed drinks. i do like an occasional commercial moonshine, but that stuff is one hundred proof and expensive, so that is a rare occurrence these days. i have a bottle set aside for some point in the future.

When I was younger, beer was the only drink. As age catches up, I am only able to drink about two brews daily. Bourbon has been the daily swill for a few years now.

I hear that!

I used to be able to down a case then go play football. Now, if I have 3 beers I'm generally ready for bed. I have come to appreciate good alcohol instead of merely guzzling it for effect.

I used to drink the occasional microbrew and rarely a mixed drink (G&T) but now I take meds for anxiety that don't play well with alcohol.

I used to like Trappist ales, American microbrews (Great Lakes or August Schells)or the rare bottle of cider. I drink tonic water with lime or mocktails if I am in a group and need to look sociable.

YEAH! Kept me from getting malaria in Viet Nam....

Quinine to the rescue... Actually the story behind G and T's is the British navy many moons ago had it's sailors drink quinine for the malaria, then added lime to try and prevent scurvy, then of course the sailors added gin to improve the taste. Viola!!

I like to enjoy a red wine! :)

liqueur is well woth a try!

I suggest a good Drambuie!

Summer is the time for beer-mix-drinks or wine-mix-drinks. :peace

Back
Top Bottom