• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In sharp reversal, U.S. agrees to rebuke Israel in Security Council

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just one question...

Does anyone know the true reason why the U.S. supports Isreal? I have my hunches, but I'd like to know how others think on the matter before responding.

As much as Israel's supporters and Islamophobes love to say that there are Islamic nations that are out to destroy Jews, not ever in the history of Islam was there an attempt to exterminate all Jews or even a sizable percentage of them. The creation of the modern Israeli state and Western support for it is firmly rooted in the guilt the Western world has about the way in which Christians oppressed Jews for over a thousand years. Of course it goes without saying that this oppression culminated in the Holocaust. To improve its image, the West successfully managed to paint itself as supporters of Israel at the expense of Palestinians.

If you look at the history of the West, after the Kingdom of Judah, the place where Israel currently exists fell under the domination of about a dozen different groups. For most of the C.E. Jews were oppressed in every single state they lived in. France, England, Spain you name it and they were oppressed. While I'm sure there were many Europeans Jews who argued for a Jewish state, the acceptance of 'Zionism' did not enter the collective intellectual circuit of the West until AFTER the Holocaust. It's not hard to figure out why.

Last edited:
Re: US vetoes UN resolution on Israeli settlements

Asking Israel to stop building and expanding settlements on occupied territory is not "kowtow"ing to the terrorists. It would be no different than asking terrorists to stop firing rockets into southern Israel. Both are violations of international law and both need to be stop to achieve a comprehensive peace.

Thank you I couldn't have said it better.

Yet, we don't see anyone slobbering over the terrorists firing rockets into Israel.

You're assuming that. I sure don't condone it and I can't imagine why anyone would.

Especially considering that the Arab terrorist attacks against Jewish people in the area began over two decades before there was even an Israel.

I wasn't aware the Irgun, the political predecessor to Israel's right-wing, which has culminated into the Likud party, and has led or been part of the Israeli government for some time -- were Arab terrorists. They were the first bombers.

What kind of revisionist history are you concocting?

Last edited:

The accusations of the much fabled "Israel lobby" (which ar so eerily similar to accusations found in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion) fail to take into account the far greater effects of the Islamist lobby, which is viciously antisemitic, has enormous numerical and financial advantages, works on a worldwide level, uses the United Nations to further its agenda and has infected so much of the global left that they share the same agenda when it comes to Israel and the Jewish people.

Why is it that those so eager to conjur up images of shadowy people working behind the scenes to weild influence and shape perceptions so consistantly fail to take into account all the many similar mechanisms responsible for their OWN views.

Do you have actual experience with this or do you just believe what you read if it supports your beliefs?

I am not antisemtic but I observed something very interesting at an American University I attended and lets just say it left me with questions. I noticed the Israeli point of view was well represented but when those of students that resided in Jordon, the occupied territories etc. wanted to debate the issues they were told to shut up and would only cause trouble. Why is it so hard to imagine large benefactors of the university had power over what could not be said?

Why is it so hard to imagine large benefactors of the university had power over what could not be said?

yup, you don't mess with aipac for nothin

... the acceptance of 'Zionism' did not enter the collective intellectual circuit of the West until AFTER the Holocaust. It's not hard to figure out why.
The acceptance of 'Iraqism', 'Lebanonism', and 'Jordanism' as well as that of many other Fantasy states resulting from the Ottoman Break up, also didn't exist in the 'collective intellectual circuit' until the 2nd quarter of the 20th Century. All Later than Zionism.
In fact, it was mainly Jews who went by that name 'palestinian' until after they got a state.. again (unlike all the other concoctions named above), after which they took the name 'Israelis'.

Had the Arabs not lost the 1967 War there would still be the Jordanian ruled West Bank with continued passport and citizenship of that country.
So 'Palestinians' can thank Israel for their deductive/reactionary nationality. Or perhap's Nasser's creation of the PLO in/as late as 1964, nearly a century after Herzl's old-but-new zionist idea.
Unlike Zionism, a positive ready-for-statehood concept, which was timeless, becoming popular again in the 19th Century, 'Palestinianism' was really a reaction to the Jews getting a state, not a positive national movement except in the heads of a Few individuals Rashid Khalidi [had to] Dig up. But certainly not one of the 'collective consciousness' of the West... nor East.

Last edited:
Finally! The US is standing up to the settlement issue

Er, Jews living on sovereign Israeli land would be...Israelis. Not, "settlers"

Settlers are the Arab illegal squatters.

yup, you don't mess with aipac for nothin

Because, AIPAC will cut off the global supply of bagels.

As much as Israel's supporters and Islamophobes love to say that there are Islamic nations that are out to destroy Jews, not ever in the history of Islam was there an attempt to exterminate all Jews or even a sizable percentage of them.

Except, when Mahomet and his cronies ethnically cleansed Arabia of all Jews 1400 years ago and when Muslims ethnically cleansed the Middle East and north Africa of Jews, today.

Because, AIPAC will cut off the global supply of bagels.

I don't know if I could handle that. :mrgreen:

I know some politicians that would be hurting without those funds. ;)

I don't know if I could handle that. :mrgreen:

I know some politicians that would be hurting without those funds. ;)

No, you don't.

Except, when Mahomet and his cronies ethnically cleansed Arabia of all Jews 1400 years ago and when Muslims ethnically cleansed the Middle East and north Africa of Jews, today.

It's worked both ways. The muslims were cleansed too.

This article headline I found at Jews for Justice in Palestine did make me laugh, but it is so seriousness in it's correctness

US vetoes its own policy at the Security Council! | Jews for Justice for Palestinians

Unless the US puts it's money where it's mouth is, there will be no two state peace solution.

When Arabs put their guns down, there will be peace.

When Jews put their guns down, there will be genocide.

When Arabs put their guns down, there will be peace.

When Jews put their guns down, there will be genocide.

you got it backwards
when jews put their guns down, there will be peace.

when arabs put their guns down, there will be genocide.

see how well that works

I wasn't aware the Irgun, the political predecessor to Israel's right-wing, which has culminated into the Likud party, and has led or been part of the Israeli government for some time -- were Arab terrorists. They were the first bombers.

What kind of revisionist history are you concocting?

You are lying.

THe Arab terrorism against Jews began before there was an Irgun. THe Irgun was formed BECAUSE ofthe Arab terrorism.

Do you have actual experience with this or do you just believe what you read if it supports your beliefs?

I am not antisemtic but I observed something very interesting at an American University I attended and lets just say it left me with questions. I noticed the Israeli point of view was well represented but when those of students that resided in Jordon, the occupied territories etc. wanted to debate the issues they were told to shut up and would only cause trouble. Why is it so hard to imagine large benefactors of the university had power over what could not be said?

You are actually trying to convince people that it is pro-Israeli semtiment that is rife at American universities?

What laughable nonsense. Pitiful. Truly pitiful.

It's worked both ways. The muslims were cleansed too.

Muslims are the ethnic cleansers par excellence. Allah even sez so...

Quran 17:16...
When We decide to destroy a population, We (first) send a definite order to those among them who are given the good things of this life and yet transgress; so that the word is proved true against them: then (it is) We destroy them utterly.

You are lying.

THe Arab terrorism against Jews began before there was an Irgun. THe Irgun was formed BECAUSE ofthe Arab terrorism.

You're calling me a liar? Prove it.

And while you're at it please explain to me why the British were the target of the bombing at the King David Hotel by the Irgun when it was because of the "Arab Terrorism."

This should be good. I'll be waiting.

Last edited:

You are actually trying to convince people that it is pro-Israeli semtiment that is rife at American universities?

What laughable nonsense. Pitiful. Truly pitiful.

No I was citing an example of an apparent bias at the university I attended. I have no idea if it's "rife at American universites." That is your hyberbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom