• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In secretly recorded audio, Trump’s sister says he has ‘no principles’ and ‘you can’t trust him'

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Maryanne Trump Barry was serving as a federal judge when she heard her brother, President Trump, suggest on Fox News, “maybe I’ll have to put her at the border” amid a wave of refugees entering the United States. At the time, children were being separated from their parents and put in cramped quarters while court hearings dragged on.

“All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said in a conversation secretly recorded by her niece, Mary L. Trump. “He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.”

Barry, 83, was aghast at how her 74-year-old brother operated as president. “His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God,” she said. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy ****.”

Lamenting “what they’re doing with kids at the border,” she guessed her brother “hasn’t read my immigration opinions” in court cases. In one case, she berated a judge for failing to treat an asylum applicant respectfully.

“No. He doesn’t read,” Barry responded

This should surprise exactly no one. But Trump fanatics will deny it, despite its obvious truth.

In response to a question from The Washington Post about how she knew the president paid someone to take the SATs, Mary Trump revealed that she had surreptitiously taped 15 hours of face-to-face conversations with Barry in 2018 and 2019. She provided The Post with previously unreleased transcripts and audio excerpts, which include exchanges that are not in her book.

At one point Barry said to her niece, “It’s the phoniness of it all. It’s the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel.”

Duh.

"Unnamed sources! Wait, that's not it....umm....Disgruntled Employee. No, not that.....Trump never met this person! There ee go"

She's officially a deep stater now.

I havent figured it out. Why support him? Eother you are cruel yourself or a moron..on top of being a racist and what not.

I don't know if I agree with secretly recording someone like this.

What she says is exactly what so many others who have worked with him have said.

Trump has to be the biggest con man this country has ever seen.

I don't know if I agree with secretly recording someone like this.

What she says is exactly what so many others who have worked with him have said.

Trump has to be the biggest con man this country has ever seen.
The type of recording is perfectly legal in New York

Nothing to see here, folks. Just another 'nasty' woman.

Meanwhile, the news report sent me to one of my 'go to' reference books, in this instance a dictionary.

"Position, n. An ideological point on the political map. To take a position is to plant both feet firmly on an undefined location. The basic map coordinates are ego and the political zeitgeist.

"A politician, one fine day
Said, with a lofty air:
'I'm standing on my principles.
I'm sure you'll find them fair.'

"And then he turned and walked away.
I checked the floor with care;
Examined where he just had stood,
But there was nothing there."

A Modern Dictionary, Fragmentary Press, 2016, Chelm, IA

The book, a limited edition, is presently out of print.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Well we all know.what a scumbag trump is. This is just more validation

Now.what.does this say about those.who continue to support him?

This should surprise exactly no one. But Trump fanatics will deny it, despite its obvious truth.

Duh.

He hasn't changed from yrs before he ran for prez.

Duh.

"Donald is cruel.”

The most fitting word I heard of this nature is "sadist", as given by Trump's niece, Mary. So many words of similar nature fit this disgusting human being, but that one nails it. He enjoys making and seeing others suffer, especially those struggling/striving to make their way in life...the avg American.

The whole Trump family is damaged.

Who secretly records their aunt?

I had intended to start a thread on this topic, but ya beat me to it - congratulations.

There are so many aspects of this story that have resonance. It establishes the veracity of many of Mary Trump's claims. I seriously doubt she'll have any more conversations with her aunt, but the details are so telling. Here is one of his closest family members, although she is 9 years his senior. She (Mary Anne Barry) had the opportunity to watch him throughout his formative years, into adulthood, and beyond. She validates so many things we already knew, and have only just learned.

What I find so appalling is that here were people who definitely knew better, but allowed this farce to go forward. In my humble opinion, that, too, is indefensible and inexcusable. There is a special place in hell for people who knew what was happening, knew what would happen, and allowed it to happen anyway. Barry could have diverted the train by being honest, earlier. She didn't. Moreover, it appears that she was complicit in some of the fraud (which may be part of why she remained silent). I don't know where this will end up, but she certainly has a stain on her reputation as a result of it.

Mary Trump has done us all a great service, both with the publication of her book and with the release of these tapes. Knowledge is power. Some of that power has now been returned to the electorate. The question is, what are they going to do about it.

The whole Trump family is damaged.

Who secretly records their aunt?

One who has been screwed over by her, and wants to get evidence to support it. When you are the victim of such a vicious fraud, one takes appropriate actions. It is true, the family dynamic is toxic, and this will not heal it, but it is entirely understandable.

"Unnamed sources! Wait, that's not it....umm....Disgruntled Employee. No, not that.....Trump never met this person! There ee go"

His niece Mary Trump recorded Trump's sister, Maryanne Trump Barry. It's an audio and Maryanne Barry hasn't denied it was her voice.

Politicians are experts at insulating themselves from any negative implications of their actions or their lack of action. In this instance, the Republican federal congressmen and congresswomen have been careful to look the other way as more and more information on the ability and stability of President of the United States of America Donald Trump surfaces.

It will be interesting to see whether they [the GOP congresspeople] will pay any price whatever for their position.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Maryanne Barry Trump describes on this audio tape that in 1983 Trump sent his lawyer Roy Cohn to speak with Ronald Reagan about giving her a federal judgeship and the next day she got the call from Reagan that she had been appointed to the federal bench. He always took the credit and kept shoving that in her face over the years. Maryanne insisted it was her background, experience and credentials that got her the position.

Donald Trump's Sister Claims 'You Can't Trust Him' and Has 'No Principles' in Newly Leaked Audio

"In another conversation, Barry detailed how the animosity between herself and President Trump developed. In 1983, Trump's then-attorney Roy Cohn helped him get a meeting with President Ronald Reagan. The day after the meeting, Reagan nominated Barry for a federal judgeship. Trump "once tried to take credit for me," she said and quoted him as asking her, "Where would you be without me?" Barry said she once told Trump, "You say that one more time, and I will level you." Barry said this was the "only favor" she ever asked anyone in her life and she deserved the nomination based on her record. She noted that she reached higher judicial posts without Trump's help. “Donald is out for Donald, period," Barry said.

Politicians are experts at insulating themselves from any negative implications of their actions or their lack of action. In this instance, the Republican federal congressmen and congresswomen have been careful to look the other way as more and more information on the ability and stability of President of the United States of America Donald Trump surfaces.

It will be interesting to see whether they [the GOP congresspeople] will pay any price whatever for their position.

The Democrats cannot win on a smear campaign. Therein lies the problem. It doesn't matter how many recordings there are, or what a sister said or what a fired employee alleges. None of this matters in the voting booth. People who don't want Republicans in office have already made up their minds. All of this "tell all" is simply more than gossip within the clique. However, it doesn't convince the swing voters of anything. It simply reaffirms how awful Trump is to people who already think he's awful. If the Democrats want to win, they need to stop the pettiness and come up with a platform that is both appealing and sensible. Letting riots continue and placating criminals is neither sensible nor appealing. Across the board higher taxation is not sensible or appealing. And trying to narrow the parameters of freedom in this nation is a big red flag. If the Democrats want to win, they need to promote their platform in a positive light - whatever that may be - or at least DEFINE it. Thanks!!

The Democrats cannot win on a smear campaign. Therein lies the problem. It doesn't matter how many recordings there are, or what a sister said or what a fired employee alleges. None of this matters in the voting booth. People who don't want Republicans in office have already made up their minds. All of this "tell all" is simply more than gossip within the clique. However, it doesn't convince the swing voters of anything. It simply reaffirms how awful Trump is to people who already think he's awful. If the Democrats want to win, they need to stop the pettiness and come up with a platform that is both appealing and sensible. Letting riots continue and placating criminals is neither sensible nor appealing. Across the board higher taxation is not sensible or appealing. And trying to narrow the parameters of freedom in this nation is a big red flag. If the Democrats want to win, they need to promote their platform in a positive light - whatever that may be - or at least DEFINE it. Thanks!!

But there are Republicans who only voted for Trump due to party loyalty. The DNC had traditional Republicans speak at their event to lure these loyal traditionalists away from Trump.

I think that's a problem with Trump too. He hasn't laid out an agenda for a second term, just talks about Sleepy Joe and Pocahontas.

But there are Republicans who only voted for Trump due to party loyalty. The DNC had traditional Republicans speak at their event to lure these loyal traditionalists away from Trump.

Blind party loyalty is true on both sides, albeit it does seem mindless. I think the biggest issue facing the Democrats right now is that their campaign seems to be running on the negative and on some strange idea that image is more of a priority than issues. I don't hear a lot of policy defining, just a lot of Trump bashing or worrying about the color of people's skin. The current Democrat VP nominee was chosen in large part because of sex and skin color, or at least there was a lot of press touting the pressure to make it a mandate. Strikes me as terribly superficial, and frankly, kinda stupid. If they just chose somebody based on experience - no matter what color or sex - it would at least look like a genuine interest in aptitude. I think all of the negativity and superficiality is going to be an obstacle on election day unless the Democrats can get together a sincere, cogent way forward. Thanks!!

Blind party loyalty is true on both sides, albeit it does seem mindless. I think the biggest issue facing the Democrats right now is that their campaign seems to be running on the negative and on some strange idea that image is more of a priority than issues. I don't hear a lot of policy defining, just a lot of Trump bashing or worrying about the color of people's skin. The current Democrat VP nominee was chosen in large part because of sex and skin color, or at least there was a lot of press touting the pressure to make it a mandate. Strikes me as terribly superficial, and frankly, kinda stupid. If they just chose somebody based on experience - no matter what color or sex - it would at least look like a genuine interest in aptitude. I think all of the negativity and superficiality is going to be an obstacle on election day unless the Democrats can get together a sincere, cogent way forward. Thanks!!

How about...she's just jealous of The Donald's success? :lamo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom