• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

In Rebuke of Trump, New House Resolution Defends NATO

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In Rebuke of Trump, New House Resolution Defends NATO

His comments are incredibly misguided and lack a historical understanding of what this alliance has done.” Delaney told FP. “He also has a deeply disturbing lack of appreciation for NATO’s role in dealing with terrorism.”

Quite expected when Trump's top adviser (Paul Manafort) lobbied for Russian oligarchs and supports the pro-Russia - DNR People's Soviet / LNR People's Soviet - Kremlin fiefdom's in eastern Ukraine.

NATO is another organization that's happy to let the U.S. do all the heavy lifting. See how effective they were in UKRAINE?

Trump has repeatedly made headlines for questioning the relevance of NATO and insisting that its members pay more for U.S. protection. Only five of the 28 NATO countries — the U.S., Greece, Estonia, Poland, and Britain — meet the target of spending 2 percent of their gross domestic product on defense.

“Either they pay up, including for past deficiencies, or they have to get out. And if it breaks up NATO, it breaks up NATO,” Trump told the editorial board of the Washington Post last month.

I did not know Trump said that about NATO. Damn, I guess I've been following the wrong news sources. Despite his style, which I admit I don't care for, I'm liking his substance more and more.

Back
Top Bottom