• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In-person voting --- vaccine card?

Should you have to show your vaccine card to vote in-person?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
For any in-person voting, should you have to show your vaccine card in order to vote that way? Please vote and explain in the comments.

Nope. Voted in NJ this past November. Wasn’t required.

I have no comment, as the idea is so preposterous.

Unless there is a sudden uptick in COVID19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, I see no reason for any further measures in any arena at this time.

No but it makes me question the mentality of those who refuse to get vaccinated because, blah, blah, blah and it's all bullshit. The truth is most of the people who refuse to get vaccinated think it's 'owning the libs'.

No but it makes me question the mentality of those who refuse to get vaccinated because, blah, blah, blah and it's all bullshit. The truth is most of the people who refuse to get vaccinated think it's 'owning the libs'.

Why no?

I don't think it's necessary at the moment. I am vaccinated and boosted and I still wear a mask when I go to the store. I would do the same when voting if I voted in person which I plan on doing.

I don't think it's necessary at the moment. I am vaccinated and boosted and I still wear a mask when I go to the store. I would do the same when voting if I voted in person which I plan on doing.

You're not afraid of the unvaccinated infecting others?

I wear a mask so people won't think I'm a Republican.

Oh hell no.
Those who choose not to vaccinate are already treated as 2nd class citizens, this is a step to making them non-citizens.

I wear a mask so people won't think I'm a Republican.

Well, if that's not the best example of how this is all political for some people, then I don't know what is.

Do you still wear a mask at school while you're teaching? Is it still required there?

What's your answer to the poll question?

Should it be required to show ID though?
You can be asked to show ID in NJ if they can’t verify your registration. Or if you registered online/by mail and didn’t provide ID.

I haven’t had to - but my town is relatively small and I usually know the poll workers.

I also changed my voter registration in person and provided ID when I did so.

For any in-person voting, should you have to show your vaccine card in order to vote that way? Please vote and explain in the comments.

Voted no, wedges too close to vote suppression.

This is a by-gone topic.

I was just at the Big 10 Basketball Tournament and didn't see a mask in the place.

Nobody asked to see and vaccination proof(s).

About 18,000 screaming fans.

No. There is no “science” which indicates that the unvaccinated are more apt to spread COVID-19 than the ‘fully vaccinated’ (and ‘boosted’). If the vaccine works then those who are fully vaccinated are at no more risk while voting than while shopping at Walmart. Obviously, a vaccination ‘card’ (mine has no name or address on it) is useless without some other form of valid, state issued, photo ID.

Very soon your idea becomes the same as admitting that you were scammed and were Gullible .

The vaxxed could quickly become figures of fun and sadness .

I don't think you should have to provide a vaccine card to vote in person. I do think the number of people inside the polling place should be limited to the amount that can be reasonably socially distanced. That has been the case at the last two elections at my polling place.

I don't think there is any reason to show ID. I showed my ID when I registered, and my name and address appears on the polling record. I tell them my name, and I sign the register. There is no need for further presenting of identification. Another solution in search of a nonexistent problem.

I'm for a law that prevents Republicans from getting in the way of vote by mail. However, this isn't to happen.

I'm for a law that prevents Republicans from getting in the way of vote by mail. However, this isn't to happen.

Okay.................. what's your answer to the poll question?

Back
Top Bottom