• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In North Korea, Missile Bases Suggest a Great Deception

Funny. I've heard about any NK ICBM missiles flying over Guam for a long time now. That's a plus.

What did it cost us? It didn't cost us the billions Obama shipped over to Iran, nor lifting all the sanctions.

So no cost and no missiles flying around threatening the peace of the region, and the possibility of further diplomacy.
Doesn't sound like all that bad a bargain to me.

Actually, I am NOT a Trump supporter, but I do advocate communications with other world leaders, including Kim. And I do acknowledge the Trump effort in this regard. The NY Times would not write this article, without evidence. We'll see where this goes. But I agree, that it would be very naive of Trump to think that this problem is resolved, or that anything has been accomplished to date.

Actually, I am NOT a Trump supporter, but I do advocate communications with other world leaders, including Kim. And I do acknowledge the Trump effort in this regard. The NY Times would not write this article, without evidence. We'll see where this goes.

Fair.

Yet, there are so many from the left that are having, and have had, utter apoplectic conniption fits when Trump speaks to other leaders.
Might want to think about who is in full meltdown fauxrage mode, and what their motivations might be.

But I agree, that it would be very naive of Trump to think that this problem is resolved, or that anything has been accomplished to date.

I don't think that Trump believes that this problem is solved. He might very well be making public statements that don't threaten Kim or jeopardize the progress made so far, or perhaps cheer leading a bit to help it along.

Last edited:
I can hardly wait for Mr. Trump's greatest apologist

Which one is that? Many of them suffer severe cases of TDS, so I don't know how you go about picking which one is the "greatest Trump apologist."

Last edited:
So phony tough guy TRump is being made a fool of on the world stage and his base eats it up,wow, when can we be rid of this buffoon? After he literally destroys our standing in the world?:shock:

Can't be true. They "love" one another according to Mr prez.

We warned them and warned them, but they didn't listen to us "leftists", and now they look exactly like the dumbasses they are.

Seriously, did they really believe North Korea would just roll over because of a few threats? We can say a lot about what savages they are, but one thing North Korea does a good job of, is showing just how far in over his head Trump is.

People are looking at it all wrong. It's not war from hate. It's economics. NK militarization is their economy. They can't put down their military build up because their crappy little economy lives off of it. The hate factor is just the primer that keeps the economy looking towards the military to keep it afloat.

There will be no adjustment to the way NK acts unless there is an economic replacement for the military jobs and the $'s it provides those it employs.

Just checking to see if any of you knew. You dont. Bloviating and bitching is all you have as usual. np. Thanks.

If you know just state your position with the date and voila... there you go. That's better than coming at it with the ridiculous lazy condescension you are doing now.

Remember when Trump and his supporters were doing the end-zone dance about achieving peace and denuclearization on the Korean peninsula?

/r/Prematurecelebration/

Well of course. Trump was just showing what a Kenyan Terrorist of a failed POTUS O'bummer really was.

Ooops.

People are looking at it all wrong. It's not war from hate. It's economics. NK militarization is their economy. They can't put down their military build up because their crappy little economy lives off of it. The hate factor is just the primer that keeps the economy looking towards the military to keep it afloat.

There will be no adjustment to the way NK acts unless there is an economic replacement for the military jobs and the $'s it provides those it employs.

While not an EXACT analogy (and they seldom are), I'd like you to substitute "the United States of America" for the DPRK in your post and then think about what it says.

Can you imagine the state of the US economy if it reduced its defence spending so that it only equalled the defence spending of the next three largest defence spenders?

Can you imagine exactly how difficult it would be for the US to maintain its defence spending at the current levels if it wasn't for the "hate factor"?

PS - You can substitute "fear factor" for "hate factor" if you want.

Back
Top Bottom