• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In new national poll, Clinton gains and Trump drops

I do tend to think that Trump is going to get crushed in the EVs. But there's a lot of time between now and November, so we'll see how it comes out.

Romney and McCain could not turn the tide and they had the full support of the republican party. They did not have to contend with a steady stream of republican leaders and politicians saying they would not vote for them and some even saying that they are going to vote against them.

Trump has that problem. He has a problem that his love declaration for the "blue collar" voters has chased non-blue collar whites away from Trump in droves. Especially women.

Last night (I assume that it is correct but I will have to find that out) it was said that where Romney won more educated white women by 6 points, Trump is trailing Hillary among that same demographic by 30 points. And women voters do make up a lot of the electorate.

Let us be honest, Trump is in trouble with the black vote, the latino vote, the asian vote and the women with higher education vote. That is a huge deficit and will most likely be the reason that Hillary is at 353 EV's in the prediction poll.

Now if he had been a regular republican, with the support of his party (full support) and not the habit of going totally off script and saying hugely big gaffs and blunders, that candidate might have had the makings of a potential big resurrection in the polls. But we are talking about the Donald. A man who should have his tweeting thumbs tied, who should be given strict instruction to only read off the teleprompter and not ad lib, a man who is being seriously challenged within his own party and who (unlike his claims) does not have the best temperament (at least not according to the polls).

Monmouth has had a poll, in which the favorable ratings where asked of both Hillary and the Donald, Hillary scored a pathetic 37% favorable rating and a 49% unfavorable rating (with 14% having no opinion) but that is markedly better than the Donald who has a paltry 26% favorable rating, a 61% unfavorable rating (with 14% having no opinion). That is not working in Trumps favor.

When asked of people, regardless of who they plan to vote for, 27% said the Donald had the right temperament, 67% say he does not have the right temperament compared to 61% of people saying that Hillary has the right temperament and 34% saying she does not.

People overwhelming believe that Hillary lied over the emails (a whopping 64% say she was not honest about the emails) which could be good news for the Trump campaign BUT the next question was whether voters are you tired of hearing about Clinton's emails or if they think this is something the media should continue to cover?

63% said that they were tired of hearing about the emails and only 34% believe the media should continue to cover the email issue.

Campaign 2016

All in all not a lot of upsides for the Donald.

And Monmouth has more dire news for the Trump campaign.

Hillary is polling 92% among democratic voters (up from 88% in July and 85 in June).
Trump is polling 79% among republican voters (down a bit from July when it was 81% and the same as in June when it was 79% also).

Among independents Trump as a slight edge over Hillary (32 for Trump and 30 for Hillary) but before the conventions and his fight with the Khan family he led by a much larger margin (40% for Trump and 31% for Hillary). So it is not so much that Clinton is winning over independents, it is that Trump is losing them.

Also important Clinton maintains her swing state lead.

Among all voters of color (blacks, hispanics and asians) Hillary holds a 69% to 10% lead. Trump still holds the lead in white voters but that lead is only 5 points in a group that Romney won by 20 percentage points in 2012.

Among likely voters Hillary has a 13% lead over Trump (50% to 37%).

His loving up on Putin has not helped, even though 49% are not concerned with Trumps over friendly attitude to Russia, 32% are very concerned and 13% are a little concerned.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaking-news-mainstream-media/260828-new-national-poll-clinton-gains-and-trump-drops-3.html

Maybe it's because they don't actually love him.

Just a theory. :shrug:
In Ohio a recent poll put him at 0% African-American vote.

"0"!

I never heard of a candidate doing 0% of a demographic before. That's gotta be a first! :lamo

In Ohio a recent poll put him at 0% African-American vote.

"0"!

I never heard of a candidate doing 0% of a demographic before. That's gotta be a first! :lamo

Sadly, information like this actually increases his credibility with his base.

Sadly, information like this actually increases his credibility with his base.
Yes, sad but true.

When questions recently arose concerning Malenia Trump's legal status during one of her early Stateside nude shoots, young white punks interviewed at a Trump rally were claiming it was only Mexican illegal immigration that was wrong - Euro illegal immigration was fine.

I suppose me & my family are O.K. with them then, 'cuz were Poles and Italians?

Lucky me! :doh

--

Well, "screw them" - is all I gotta' say!

A 13 point lead for Clinton among likely voters? Want my take on this? Here it is. Don't pay any attention to it. The only reason I posted this is because someone else posted a poll showing Trump even with Hillary. Come on, folks, use a little common sense. If one poll can show Trump kicking ass, and another poll, almost at the same time, show Clinton kicking ass, don't you think there might be something a little off with all these polls? IMHO, polls claim to use scientific methods, but if the polls can be this wide apart from each other, then how scientific are they really? They are nothing more than educated guesses (de-emphasis on educated) based on responses from voters. Out of all these polls, with varying results, which one IS the scientific one? IS there a scientific one at all? If you think there is, now is the time to present your evidence, which I will most likely laugh my ass off at.

At this point in time, based on using my brain, along with a little critical thinking skill, I would say that Hillary Clinton does have a bit of a lead, but 13 points? I doubt it. I believe that this poll is just as inaccurate as one which shows Trump leading the race. Also, this is August. Let's see what the polling numbers look like on election day.

I think the mods need to make a new rule for breaking news........ Polls don't count as breaking news, and those who post polls as news, even if they are news, should get an infraction...... Oh crap, I think I am attempting to get an infraction for myself here. Like I am not satisfied with being the King of violating Breaking News rules already? LOL.

Article is here

Excellent to notice that, but not worthy of a rant.

If you take the time to read the article about the poll, you will find a huge difference,"among those likely to vote." The poll of Trump leading is likely a "marketing" pole, where candidate hires a poster who sets the parameters for a better outcome.

Also, there's been almost three weeks between polls and Trump has gone major stupid on three points, including hinting that someone should shoot Hillary.

It's not going to get any better. Trump is addicted to and more interested in the "glory" of his speeches than he is in being president

Yes, sad but true.

When questions recently arose concerning Malenia Trump's legal status during one of her early Stateside nude shoots, young white punks interviewed at a Trump rally were claiming it was only Mexican illegal immigration that was wrong - Euro illegal immigration was fine.

I suppose me & my family are O.K. with them then, 'cuz were Poles and Italians?

Lucky me! :doh

--

Well, "screw them" - is all I gotta' say!

If it werent for Polish illegals, I think half the houses in my neighborhood would have unfinished wood floors and no maid service.

If it werent for Polish illegals, I think half the houses in my neighborhood would have unfinished wood floors and no maid service.
It comes as no surprise that the Local 1 Janitor's Union is Polish run and manned - lock, stock, and barrel!

The 'Polish Cleaning Lady' as stereotyped in "Northside 777" is far more than myth!

(that was a true story, BTW)

Back
Top Bottom