• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Montana, neighbor vs neighbor over refugees...

Thanks obama Regime, for helping to divide America!

Thanks obama Regime, for helping to divide America!

Oh for ****s sake. Coming from the guy who supports a candidate who is open to Muslim Americans to carry on them special IDs. So tell me how Obama is dividing America but Trump isnt....

Oh for ****s sake. Coming from the guy who supports a candidate who is open to Muslim Americans to carry on them special IDs. So tell me how Obama is dividing America but Trump isnt....

Nearly all, of our terrorist problems in recent years ..........and terrorist problems in the world............... have stemmed from Muslims. For us, mostly American Muslims.

Special ID? Why not? The hilarious thing is that people like you dump on Trump for allegedly dividing the country, but in the same breath.....overlook all of the division that obama has brought us....from racism to the shirking of his duties under the law, namely illegal immigration.

For Christ's sake.................Get Real man!!!!!!!

EDITOR'S NOTE — This story is part of Divided America, AP's ongoing exploration of the economic, social and political divisions in American society.

DIVIDED AMERICA: In Montana, neighbors at odds over refugees | The Big Story

The feeling of division seems much more agitated than the reality would warrant and I am not at all sure why. The normal destabilisation following recession not withstanding the global shift towards confrontation and populism is stronger than one might expect.

Nearly all, of our terrorist problems in recent years ..........and terrorist problems in the world............... have stemmed from Muslims. For us, mostly American Muslims.

Special ID? Why not? The hilarious thing is that people like you dump on Trump for allegedly dividing the country, but in the same breath.....overlook all of the division that obama has brought us....from racism to the shirking of his duties under the law, namely illegal immigration.

More illegals have been deported in the Obama years than ever before, almost more than all 20th century Presidents combined.

Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion

not even close to true. the italians have been a problem for years, it is called the mafia.

what you mean is christians are the terrorist problem

Most of the terrorists attacks in this country were and still are by home grown domestic terrorists....not Muslims.

I don't think Obama divided this country...I think conservatives did when they didn't denounce the racism and bigotry in their own party...and because they didn't, they now have a white supremacist as their leader and nominee.

That's true...if you go by the fudged numbers the Pro-Obama hacks cite.

Have you got the unfudged numbers? I mean, the numbers that show you that those in the article are fudged.
Or is it just because Obama?

EDITOR'S NOTE — This story is part of Divided America, AP's ongoing exploration of the economic, social and political divisions in American society.

DIVIDED AMERICA: In Montana, neighbors at odds over refugees | The Big Story

As a journalist, and one who lectures a course on journalistic ethics, all I can say is that if you set out to do a series on a "divided America" you will absolutely find a divided America.

If AP had produced a series on "Is America Divided?" we could expect a balanced piece, one which documented where there was division and where there isn't, that last word being crucial to balance. I have written extensively on what divides America, but this focuses on ONE issue, that of the relationship between terrorism and Islam. That, I suggest, is divisive in itself. Note: as I write this I am listening to a CBC special on how Syrian refugees are fitting in to Canadian society.

The chasm in America runs much deeper; it stems from the illusion of electoral choice and the most vile and cynical politicians whose work is to keep America divided and therefore unlikely to look too close to where the money goes. The real divide, though, is between them and us, them being the politicians who always seem to end up wealthy and they're backers who always seem to get richer. What should have awakened America to this divide was the simple fact during the draft and the Vietnam war, no politicians son were ever drafted. There's them, and us, and in the case of the US, the us comes in two varieties.

Know what I got from the story? America hates taking in refugees. That's what the story said.

I agree....and it depends on who the are......

Wrong. It really pays to know what you're talking about before actually talking, sport.

Homegrown Extremism: Deadly Attacks Since 9/11 | The International Security Program

Very clever, but when I made that statement, I was including all the Muslim attacks in recent years, including 9-1-1, Kobar Towers, the first World Trade Bombing, USS Cole, etc....

I apparently didn't define it enough for you .................and you.............obviously assumed somehow, that I would leave out 9-1-1.

Good attempt at deflection...

I agree....and it depends on who the are......

Very clever, but when I made that statement, I was including all the Muslim attacks in recent years, including 9-1-1, Kobar Towers, the first World Trade Bombing, USS Cole, etc....

I apparently didn't define it enough for you .................and you.............obviously assumed somehow, that I would leave out 9-1-1.

Good attempt at deflection...

LOL! Alerting your story now, eh? Expressing yourself in precise terms is something you'll learn in high school, I hope.

This is a thread about a domestic issue, in Montana. Our problems here have recently been worse from RW extremists, no matter how much that upsets you.

And 'deflection'? Please learn what that word means.

Last edited:
not even close to true. the Italians have been a problem for years, it is called the mafia.

The Italian mafia is a criminal organization, just like the Chinese Mafia, the Mexican mafia, etc. They aren't considered terrorists, just run of the mill criminals.

what you mean is christians are the terrorist problem

Not in the least. When the avg. person tells another average person, there is a terrorist in the Mall, or the govt. building.....most people would rightfully think...Muslim.

No one thinks Christian, Buddist, Jew, Mormon, or Sikh. So stop making up silly ****!

That's true...if you go by the fudged numbers the Pro-Obama hacks cite.

Exactly! But liberals live on fudged numbers. :lol:

Most of the terrorists attacks in this country were and still are by home grown domestic terrorists....not Muslims.

I don't think Obama divided this country...I think conservatives did when they didn't denounce the racism and bigotry in their own party...and because they didn't, they now have a white supremacist as their leader and nominee.

No they are not. Over 3,000 were killed on 9-1-1 by Muslims

Your second sentence is nothing but BS!

As a journalist, and one who lectures a course on journalistic ethics, all I can say is that if you set out to do a series on a "divided America" you will absolutely find a divided America.

If AP had produced a series on "Is America Divided?" we could expect a balanced piece, one which documented where there was division and where there isn't, that last word being crucial to balance. I have written extensively on what divides America, but this focuses on ONE issue, that of the relationship between terrorism and Islam. That, I suggest, is divisive in itself. Note: as I write this I am listening to a CBC special on how Syrian refugees are fitting in to Canadian society.

The chasm in America runs much deeper; it stems from the illusion of electoral choice and the most vile and cynical politicians whose work is to keep America divided and therefore unlikely to look too close to where the money goes. The real divide, though, is between them and us, them being the politicians who always seem to end up wealthy and they're backers who always seem to get richer. What should have awakened America to this divide was the simple fact during the draft and the Vietnam war, no politicians son were ever drafted. There's them, and us, and in the case of the US, the us comes in two varieties.

It's true that the politicians love dividing us, but obama has not been anything but a divider from the very first and that was when he interfered with the altercation with his Black buddy, the professor ......and the cop.

I knew it was going downhill after that....and it did!!!

Then there was Trayvon who could have been his son.....and so on......

But when it came to the issue of the 5 time deported Mexican killing the girl in SF....obama didn't say a ****ing word about it....he's a ****ing coward and supreme bull****ter!

Another MickeyW thread FAIL

I agree....and it depends on who the are.......

Who's acceptable? Not Syrians, not Vietnamese, not Jews. You waiting for Canadians to flee the Trudeau tyranny?

Yes, 9/11 happened Bush's watch...with help from his sugar daddy...

bush_prince_abdullah_kiss_hold_hands.jpg

Since 9/11, domestic terrorism sky rocketed...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...es-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

In the US, you are 7 times more likely to get killed by a domestic terrorist than you are by a foreign or Muslim terrorist.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/12/...ger-threat-america-isis-jihadists-422743.html

It's true that the politicians love dividing us, but obama has not been anything but a divider from the very first and that was when he interfered with the altercation with his Black buddy, the professor ......and the cop.

But when it came to the issue of the 5 time deported Mexican killing the girl in SF....obama didn't say a ****ing word about it....he's a ****ing coward and supreme bull****ter!

What could he say....except perhaps that she probably wouldn't have been killed if "Republican lawmakers had improved comprehensive immigration reform backed by President Barack Obama."

The Italian mafia is a criminal organization, just like the Chinese Mafia, the Mexican mafia, etc. They aren't considered terrorists, just run of the mill criminals.

Not in the least. When the avg. person tells another average person, there is a terrorist in the Mall, or the govt. building.....most people would rightfully think...Muslim.

No one thinks Christian, Buddist, Jew, Mormon, or Sikh. So stop making up silly ****!

Exactly! But liberals live on fudged numbers. :lol:

you are posting silly grade school games. there is more christian terrorism in the US than moslem. any other stance is just dishonest.

:lamo And you blame Obama for dividing America. You just literally proved you are the biggest ****ing hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom