• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

In Memoriam

Quid Pro Quo

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm not sure if this really has a place here or not, and I would like to ask that if it is allowed to remain...that everyone put their politics aside and not post in debate format.

On the 12th, I lost my NCO and another NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) in a vehicular accident near a main FOB (Forward Operating Base) in Iraq. Their vehicle, an HMMWV, flipped due to IED. The driver, a PFC, was treated for minor injuries. SGT P was killed on contact, and SGT F passed a few minutes later in the arms of our friend.

SGT F and I drove many missions together, as I was his soldier...and outside of thinking it could have been me, I can feel no greater remorse than the feeling that I should still be there with them. I pray for them, their families, and the children...that are so very young...that they have left behind.

These two men were the epitome of what any soldier should be. They cared for me when I was lost, they put their foot where the sun doesn't shine when I was wrong, and they were hero's to everyone in their presence.

It pains me to think that I had just seen SGT F. but a few weeks ago when he came home on leave, to see his wife and kids. Two small weeks he spent with them, making promises...now that he can never keep.

I love you both, and miss you greatly.

Again, DP members, I wanted to share with you the impact that I feel with this loss...and hopefully, garner prayer for our soldiers.

-PFC Eric W.
US Army

More than just numbers, they were your friends and your life is changed.
My condolences.

Good men doing their duty. God speed.

Back
Top Bottom