• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In limbo: Leftover embryos challenge clinics, couples

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Associated Press

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Tens of thousands of embryos are stuck in limbo in fertility clinics, leftovers from pregnancy attempts and broken dreams of parenthood.

Some are outright abandoned by people who quit paying storage fees and can’t be found. In other cases, couples are struggling with tough decisions.

Jenny Sammis can’t bring herself to donate nearly a dozen of her extras to research. She and her husband agreed to do that when they made their embryos 15 years ago, but her feelings changed after using some of them to have children.

“I have these two gorgeous, smart people who came from this process,” Sammis said. “These embryos are all like seeds that could become potential people. That reality to me was all abstract when they were in the freezer.”

COMMENT:-

And what are the "Right To Life" people doing about those tens of thousands of children that will be callously tossed in the trashheap because their (probably sexually deviant) so-called "parents" aren't paying for their upkeep (the "Baby KILLERS obviously don't care)?

Absolutely nothing whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!

For shame - SHAME I say.

From Associated Press

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Tens of thousands of embryos are stuck in limbo in fertility clinics, leftovers from pregnancy attempts and broken dreams of parenthood.

Some are outright abandoned by people who quit paying storage fees and can’t be found. In other cases, couples are struggling with tough decisions.

Jenny Sammis can’t bring herself to donate nearly a dozen of her extras to research. She and her husband agreed to do that when they made their embryos 15 years ago, but her feelings changed after using some of them to have children.

“I have these two gorgeous, smart people who came from this process,” Sammis said. “These embryos are all like seeds that could become potential people. That reality to me was all abstract when they were in the freezer.”

COMMENT:-

And what are the "Right To Life" people doing about those tens of thousands of children that will be callously tossed in the trashheap because their (probably sexually deviant) so-called "parents" aren't paying for their upkeep (the "Baby KILLERS obviously don't care)?

Absolutely nothing whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!

For shame - SHAME I say.

They are "pre sentient". IOW they have not developed a neural system. I get the idea, but even the most militant don't buy into the Money Python schitk. ~ "Every sperm is sacred".

So they just get destroyed and let the guilt fall where it may.

They are "pre sentient". IOW they have not developed a neural system. I get the idea, but even the most militant don't buy into the Money Python schitk. ~ "Every sperm is sacred".

Life begins at Conception

At this point in the "debate" over abortion, it is patently obvious that any justification given by pro-abortion advocates to continue our society's practice of butchering its young is neither valid nor sensible.

So they just get destroyed and let the guilt fall where it may.

There is a conflict between

Matt. 7:1-3

[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
[3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

and

"Brothers and Sisters, send me your money so that I can continue the Great Crusade to force everyone to so what I say God Says they should do. Don't be put off by my fleet of luxury cars and many mansions. I only have them because God has rewarded me for doing God's Work."

Back
Top Bottom