• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In July 2016 Trump called on The Kremlin to hack his opponents emails.

All you are arguing is that it would have been nice if voters didn't know more about Hillary's true motives and feelings beyond what is reported in the MSM. The more they learned they less the liked her.

I guess that is a fair complaint for those selling, but not for those buying.

I would guess if you read any politicians private emails that it would make you like them less but I'm not arguing anything of the sort.

No he didn't.
He called on them to release them if they had them.

That's close enough for liberals looking for excuses as to why lost.

Where in this direct quote is there a call for hacking anyone or anything? There is a call for finding something, as if someone already had what was being sought

Where in the direct quote is claiming that if the Russians have them they should release them?

Note that I never claimed that the quote referred to hacking only that it was more than release them.

Nice strawman though

Are you okay with this?

( sorry intended to create a poll )

Do you have a link to a quote? (a video would be best)

I think you objection is that I'm not reading into the statement what you want to read into the statement. It's the same exact distortion of what was actually said as it is in Trump's Mexican illegal alien statement. Distorted for political purpose by partisans reading in what they want, and not what was actually said.

Maybe you should actually read that statment.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Nothing in there about illegal aliens. He makes no distinction whether it is legal or illegal immigrants.

That's like all Trump's quotes the are so ambiguous that you can claim he said anything and still have a valid argument.

Where in the direct quote is claiming that if the Russians have them they should release them?

Note that I never claimed that the quote referred to hacking only that it was more than release them.

Nice strawman though

Agreed. A call to release them if they have them. No call for hacking anything or anyone.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Nothing in there about illegal aliens. He makes no distinction whether it is legal or illegal immigrants.

That's like all Trump's quotes the are so ambiguous that you can claim he said anything and still have a valid argument.

OK. Not illegal aliens. I'll grant you that.
Still, some Mexican immigrants are smuggling drugs in.
Some Mexican immigrants have been charged with raping (and killing) US citizens (and other crimes).
And some Mexican immigrants are good people.

Which of these assertions is incorrect?

Yep, this is nothing more than Karma for Trump being an ignoramus. I guess one of the things Trump wasn't prepared to deal with was the inevitable partisan mob that every President has to deal with.

I think he is ready because he's made it very clear he doesn't care about media noise.

OK. Not illegal aliens. I'll grant you that.
Still, some Mexican immigrants are smuggling drugs in.
Some Mexican immigrants have been charged with raping (and killing) US citizens (and other crimes).
And some Mexican immigrants are good people.

Which of these assertions is incorrect?

Like I said it's so ambiguous it could mean anything and they way it's phrased it would be hard to assume that it meant the vast majority of immigrants are law-abiding which is the truth.

Yep, this is nothing more than Karma for Trump being an ignoramus. I guess one of the things Trump wasn't prepared to deal with was the inevitable partisan mob that every President has to deal with.

What makes you think that Trump isn't prepared to deal with the partisan mobs? So far he seems to have done fairly well.

Like I said it's so ambiguous it could mean anything and they way it's phrased it would be hard to assume that it meant the vast majority of immigrants are law-abiding which is the truth.

Fair enough.

What's funny is Obama saying that the media was against Hillary and didn't treat her fairly. Really?

"I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" -DJT

Sounds like a bit more than just release them if you have them
iLOL
I saw your post before logging out this morning.
Just thought I would wait for the thread to be populated with responses before making mine because I knew those who lack the same critical thinking skills you displayed in your response would be evidence by others agreeing with and liking your post.

No it doesn't sound like more than "just release them if you have them".
This lack of understanding comes from not considering the totality of the situation regarding the issue.

He said it in July 2016.
Here is the video of him saying that.

He is talking about the possible previous hacking of her server by the Russians. Did you get that key word? PREVIOUS.

A server that was no longer in service and had been turned over to the FBI eleven months earlier in August of 2015.

So now you tell us how exactly you think he was suggesting they hack her server to discover the 30000 emails she deleted when they could not access said server?

It is like I said.
If they had hacked her server; "He called on them to release them if they had them".

No, she's not. Not even close.

How can a lying corrupt flip flopping piece of **** not be as worse as Trump? I guess you been drinking the left wing loony koolaid

Also, I voted for Bernie in the primary.
That doesn't mean you didn't vote for Clinton in the general election.

How can a lying corrupt flip flopping piece of **** not be as worse as Trump? I guess you been drinking the left wing loony koolaid

That doesn't mean you didn't vote for Clinton in the general election.
Oops. I though you were talking about Trump. My bad.

:lol:

Look at you ignoring the totality of the circumstances of this issue as well.

Context is everything.

Full text: Donald Trump announces a presidential bid

[...]

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems.

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.

[...]
Full text: Donald Trump announces a presidential bid

He was speaking of Mexico beating us at the boarder, of us being a dumping ground, and of speaking to boarder guards. And you want to suggest he wasn't speaking of illegals?
Your position is nonsense, and a failure to consider context or skew it, is asinine.

iLOL
I saw your post before logging out this morning.
Just thought I would wait for the thread to be populated with responses before making mine because I knew those who lack the same critical thinking skills you displayed in your response would be evidence by others agreeing with and liking your post.

No it doesn't sound like more than "just release them if you have them".
This lack of understanding comes from not considering the totality of the situation regarding the issue.

He said it in July 2016.
Here is the video of him saying that.

He is talking about the possible previous hacking of her server by the Russians. Did you get that key word? PREVIOUS.

A server that was no longer in service and had been turned over to the FBI eleven months earlier in August of 2015.

So now you tell us how exactly you think he was suggesting they hack her server to discover the 30000 emails she deleted when they could not access said server?

It is like I said.
If they had hacked her server; "He called on them to release them if they had them".

Thanks for digging that up but the left is famous for twisting the other side's words around to their political advantage and will continue doing so.

Oops. I though you were talking about Trump. My bad.

:lol:

Trump and Clinton are same side of the coin whose supporters are either ignorant to the fact they are supporting a lying corrupt flip flopping piece of **** or don't care because they are playing the slightly lesser of two evils game. Its as though both sides party raided the other side during the primaries and picked the worst candidates possible for their opponents side(there is evidence of democrats doing that,just look for the threads by trump-tard posting democrats supporting Trump thread).

Last edited:
Oh, this is rich. YOU... arguing for context.
:lamo

Thank you for again showing you know not of what you speak.

And thank you for also showing that you did not consider the full context of Trump's comment when you replied in this thread with the following.

Go back one more step. If they have them, how did they get them?

Anyway, while he indeed did not outright suggest they hack, his statement was clear tacit approval of them doing so if they did.
Go back one more step?
iLOL
You left out a lot of going back there, as going back shows exactly what I showed.

How shocking it is to see the habitual deflection and rationalization from the most ardent Trumpers. In the comfort of their ineptitude and adoration for their greatest benefactor, Wikileaks, they're ready to abandon all reason, even if it pertains to the country's top priority, national security. But Marco Rubio said it most saliently, when he warned republicans that it could be them next. I'm not a republican; in fact, I loathe the GOP, but I can stand by a man who had the following to say in the midst of an excessively partisan and contentious campaign:

“Further, I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks: Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us,” he said.

“Just think about this: Do we really want to be a country where foreign leaders or foreign intelligence agencies can blackmail our elected officials and say to them that unless you do what we want you to do, we’re gonna release emails from your campaign manager, your wife, your daughter, your son, and we’re gonna embarrass you. So unless you wanna be embarrassed you better do what we want you to do. Is that what we want?” Rubio asked. “Because I’ll tell you that’s what Vladimir Putin does. I think there’s plenty of material in which to line up and take on Secretary Clinton. I think this one is an invitation to chaos and havoc in the future.”

How shocking it is to see the habitual deflection and rationalization from the most ardent Trumpers. In the comfort of their ineptitude and adoration for their greatest benefactor, Wikileaks, they're ready to abandon all reason, even if it pertains to the country's top priority, national security. But Marco Rubio said it most saliently, when he warned republicans that it could be them next. I'm not a republican; in fact, I loathe the GOP, but I can stand by a man who had the following to say in the midst of an excessively partisan and contentious campaign:

Just out of curiousity, why would Wikileaks want Trump elected? While they may have a bone to pick against Obama and the Democrats, surely Trump and the Republicans would be even worse for their agenda. Republicans think they are traitors and should hang.

Back
Top Bottom