• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Honor of the Syrian Rebels.....[W:90]

Do you have a source or data regarding the private company's numbers?

Do you have a reason to believe that there are no moderates - even after your corporatism based evidence?

Did you at least find one statistic from the US government on what Kerry stated. Or were you going to try and say that's classified information now. :lamo

I never stated that there was no Moderates.....I stated they aren't running the Show. Meaning they aren't in control nor do they have the ability to control Syria. So nice try and looking to go off onto another tangent.

Is it because you hate how he protects minorities?

Yes, that's exactly why I think he used chemical weapons. There can be no other reason for judging a murderous fascistic dictator as murdering people, am I right?

No, Assad's regime is a puppet for Iran. Erdogan's a puppet of the people who voted for him in the elections.

sorry

imperialism and anti imperialism are not comparable

I never stated that there was no Moderates.....I stated they aren't running the Show. Meaning they aren't in control nor do they have the ability to control Syria. So nice try and looking to go off onto another tangent.

You stated that there are no good guys in Syria. You think even moderate Muslims are bad people?

Did you at least find one statistic from the US government on what Kerry stated. Or were you going to try and say that's classified information now. :lamo

I don't care about taking sides in this war. I think the Duty of the united states is to bring both sides to the negotiating table, preferably as willing negotiaters but we might have to drag them to the table kicking and screaming, ANd some how END. THE. WAR!

if the united states had a sci-fi weapon like a orbital satellite capable of firing a particle laser, i would be arguing for using it to draw a literal line in the sand between the two forces.

You stated that there are no good guys in Syria. You think even moderate Muslims are bad people?

Well, I clarified and stated that No good people were in a position of Power that could control Syria.....Not that one can say there isn't any good people inside Syria. Major difference. Maybe you misunderstood what I stated. I'll give you that benefit of the doubt. Rather than spot on your comment.

No you originally were going with Kerry's wording and that only 15-25% of the Rebels were Islamists. Which that's when I asked you for the link. Only thing I can thing of is maybe you were confused over the term Islamists.

I don't care about taking sides in this war. I think the Duty of the united states is to bring both sides to the negotiating table, preferably as willing negotiaters but we might have to drag them to the table kicking and screaming, ANd some how END. THE. WAR!

if the united states had a sci-fi weapon like a orbital satellite capable of firing a particle laser, i would be arguing for using it to draw a literal line in the sand between the two forces.

Heya UWS. :2wave: Well for me its not about taking sides. Its about getting the whole story out there. Not just the Wests propaganda nor just the Easts. Nor just letting people misinform others without showing the flip-side to the coin.

As my position was for the US to stay out of the Civil War and wait to see what takes place with Syria. Once it divided up into the 3 regions it is. Then we can see who will control what and who we will actually be dealing with. Who is behind who. There is no reason for us to rush into this. When the Rebels/Terrorists wont listen to us. Have Lied to the UN, to us, to others, all so they can attain Power.

All I can say.....is the US, Russia, had been trying to get Peace talks going. First Assad refused. Then accepted. Then the Rebels Refused. Now the FSA and SNC clearly state they refuse any Peace talks with Assad. Plus now they just held an election against what the US was advising them. They put that line down in the sand and they state they aren't crossing it. Assad must go. They wont backoff from that position.

Yet these are Sunni in the Military that held Command Positions within Assads Army. The very same people that what they accuse Assad of doing. They were doing. Yet Amnesty and leading a Rebellion and revolt for some reason.....they believe is a good enough excuse to believe in them and what they stand for. The majority in Syria do not want Democracy. Then there is the MB and the Salafists and most in the Oppositional forces that are stating this themselves.

Neither the Christians in bulk nor the Kurds want to see the Sunni come to Power. They don't care for Assad much.....but then they know he and the Shia weren't out killing them enmasse or burning down their churches and destroying their communities.

Heya UWS. :2wave: Well for me its not about taking sides. Its about getting the whole story out there. Not just the Wests propaganda nor just the Easts. Nor just letting people misinform others without showing the flip-side to the coin.

As my position was for the US to stay out of the Civil War and wait to see what takes place with Syria. Once it divided up into the 3 regions it is. Then we can see who will control what and who we will actually be dealing with. Who is behind who. There is no reason for us to rush into this. When the Rebels/Terrorists wont listen to us. Have Lied to the UN, to us, to others, all so they can attain Power.

All I can say.....is the US, Russia, had been trying to get Peace talks going. First Assad refused. Then accepted. Then the Rebels Refused. Now the FSA and SNC clearly state they refuse any Peace talks with Assad. Plus now they just held an election against what the US was advising them. They put that line down in the sand and they state they aren't crossing it. Assad must go. They wont backoff from that position.

Yet these are Sunni in the Military that held Command Positions within Assads Army. The very same people that what they accuse Assad of doing. They were doing. Yet Amnesty and leading a Rebellion and revolt for some reason.....they believe is a good enough excuse to believe in them and what they stand for. The majority in Syria do not want Democracy. Then there is the MB and the Salafists and most in the Oppositional forces that are stating this themselves.

Neither the Christians in bulk nor the Kurds want to see the Sunni come to Power. They don't care for Assad much.....but then they know he and the Shia weren't out killing them enmasse or burning down their churches and destroying their communities.

The problem here lies with the Syrians... that they can't practice tolerance towards one another.. and ultimately drag others into their crap in order to protect their own. Then the Syrians whine that its the fault of the US or Israel or the Saudis ....

A pox on their houses.

Well, I clarified and stated that No good people were in a position of Power that could control Syria.....Not that one can say there isn't any good people inside Syria. Major difference. Maybe you misunderstood what I stated. I'll give you that benefit of the doubt.

I'll accept that.

No you originally were going with Kerry's wording and that only 15-25% of the Rebels were Islamists.

Not Islamists, Islamist extremist. Are there terrorists other than Islamic extremists in the Syrian revolution?

Which that's when I asked you for the link. Only thing I can thing of is maybe you were confused over the term Islamists.

Islamist extremism, aka terrorists. I'll ask again: are there other terrorists in the Syrian revolution?

Now, if you want to discuss the company's numbers, 30% moderates. You don't think there are people (not someone) who could be in a position of power in Syria? This naming of a specific Good Leader is rather backwards. The question is not what person but what people. I'm with the moderates. The dictator who killed ~50k civilians and used chems to hold the capital city needs to go. I'll take my chances with a UN supported, sanction free, with human rights, fledgling democracy that could take a generation or two before appearing liberal and Western government.

Not Islamists, Islamist extremist. Are there terrorists other than Islamic extremists in the Syrian revolution?

Now, if you want to discuss the company's numbers, 30% moderates. You don't think there are people (not someone) who could be in a position of power in Syria? This naming of a specific Good Leader is rather backwards. The question is not what person but what people. I'm with the moderates. The dictator who killed ~50k civilians and used chems to hold the capital city needs to go. I'll take my chances with a UN supported, sanction free, with human rights, fledgling democracy that could take a generation or two before appearing liberal and Western government.

Yes.....the MB would be one even though they state they are against the use of violence. Then I would go with what most are pointing too. Like from this in post 12.

Islamist Rebels Create Dilemma on Syria Policy

In Syria’s largest city, Aleppo, rebels aligned with Al Qaeda control the power plant, run the bakeries and head a court that applies Islamic law. Elsewhere, they have seized government oil fields, put employees back to work and now profit from the crude they produce.

Across Syria, rebel-held areas are dotted with Islamic courts staffed by lawyers and clerics, and by fighting brigades led by extremists. Even the Supreme Military Council, the umbrella rebel organization whose formation the West had hoped would sideline radical groups, is stocked with commanders who want to infuse Islamic law into a future Syrian government.

Nowhere in rebel-controlled Syria is there a secular fighting force to speak of.

More than two years of violence have radicalized the armed opposition fighting the government of President Bashar al-Assad, leaving few groups that both share the political vision of the United States and have the military might to push it forward.

Among the most extreme groups is the notorious Al Nusra Front, the Qaeda-aligned force declared a terrorist organization by the United States, but other groups share aspects of its Islamist ideology in varying degrees.

The Islamist character of the opposition reflects the main constituency of the rebellion, which has been led since its start by Syria’s Sunni Muslim majority, mostly in conservative, marginalized areas. The descent into brutal civil war has hardened sectarian differences, and the failure of more mainstream rebel groups to secure regular arms supplies has allowed Islamists to fill the void and win supporters.

The religious agenda of the combatants sets them apart from many civilian activists, protesters and aid workers who had hoped the uprising would create a civil, democratic Syria.

When the armed rebellion began, defectors from the government’s staunchly secular army formed the vanguard. The rebel movement has since grown to include fighters with a wide range of views, including Qaeda-aligned jihadis seeking to establish an Islamic emirate, political Islamists inspired by the Muslim Brotherhood and others who want an Islamic-influenced legal code like that found in many Arab states.

Another prominent group, Ahrar al-Sham, shares much of Nusra’s extremist ideology but is made up mostly of Syrians.....snip~

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/wo...anted=all&_r=0

Also, we have another source that says even the FSA and SNC backers follow a puritanical form of Islam. Which there are several that make up more of an accurate perception.

Even with that figure of 30k they say are Moderate. They are stating that they themselves are still going with an Islamist bent.

Yeah.....I am sure the UN would like to see every country in the World with UN, Sanctioned Free with human rights, fledgling Democracy. Doesn't mean that such will ever take place. Most would like to see Syria turn out that way. But then.....there just doesn't to be a real path to that endeavor. At this time and with these players.

Yeah.....I am sure the UN would like to see every country in the World with UN, Sanctioned Free with human rights, fledgling Democracy. Doesn't mean that such will ever take place. Most would like to see Syria turn out that way. But then.....there just doesn't to be a real path to that endeavor. At this time and with these players.

I find defeatism regarding human rights a disgusting thing.

I find defeatism regarding human rights a disgusting thing.

Most cannot understand there is no solace of living in the strengths of what mankind classifies.....as evil.

Only fools rush in. ;)

Yes, that's exactly why I think he used chemical weapons. There can be no other reason for judging a murderous fascistic dictator as murdering people, am I right?

When it was widely reported that the rebels sacked a Christian village, indiscriminantly murdered women, and decapitated children I recall that you had no problem with that. Now I might not be remembering things accurately so can you give me an example of Assad's government beheading children or allying with Al-Qaeda?

When it was widely reported that the rebels sacked a Christian village, indiscriminantly murdered women, and decapitated children I recall that you had no problem with that.
I don't like it, but it's not relevant to my position because those who carried out the atrocities are not the factions I wish to support.
Now I might not be remembering things accurately so can you give me an example of Assad's government beheading children or allying with Al-Qaeda?

No, but there's examples of them indiscriminately bombing civilian areas. The Shabiha enforcers of the Assad regime are widely known to use torture.

No, but there's examples of them indiscriminately bombing civilian areas. The Shabiha enforcers of the Assad regime are widely known to use torture.
Torture? I believe they were using enhanced interrogation techniques to get information.

Back
Top Bottom