• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In ground Pools - Experiences?

I live in hilly land. They usually use the dirt to grade the area around it, but most folks do above ground tapered into their slope.
Good luck in finding fill, You might consider putting down a drainage system, before the fill, so it does not happen again.

We like many are going to put in a pool. What are the pros/ cons fiberglass vs liner? We’re leaning fiberglass. Thanks for any feedback
The epoxy or vinyl ester resins in fiberglass pools and other structures degrades over time in UV light. This is why it is typically painted. You will have to make sure the coating is maintained which may require draining the pool periodically.

I am in the process of trying to remove my pool, Kids are gone and we do not use it.
It takes about $70 a month to maintain, and takes up a lot of yard.
The lowest bid so far is about $9K to remove the pool.

Turn it into a fish pond and fill it with mosquito fish. Other than occasionally filling it with water you literally have to do nothing and mosquitos will become quite endangered. Mosquito fish are very hardy and require no attention and will survive temps that kill most fish. I put those fish in all my water works that are not sanitized.

I am in the process of trying to remove my pool, Kids are gone and we do not use it.
It takes about $70 a month to maintain, and takes up a lot of yard.
The lowest bid so far is about $9K to remove the pool.

It's also pretty dangerous if you have little ones.

We like many are going to put in a pool. What are the pros/ cons fiberglass vs liner? We’re leaning fiberglass. Thanks for any feedback

Fiberglass is the best bet. A liner can collapse if the soil is not firm. It is a great investment. It keeps the kids, and their friends close. When they are up and grown, it keeps the grandkids close. With modern filter systems, there is hardly any work at all. I get a message on the phone when one of the chemical bins needs a refill, and the vacuum does all the rest of the work. I just empty the skimmer basket once in a while.

Turn it into a fish pond and fill it with mosquito fish. Other than occasionally filling it with water you literally have to do nothing and mosquitos will become quite endangered. Mosquito fish are very hardy and require no attention and will survive temps that kill most fish. I put those fish in all my water works that are not sanitized.
I got some tilapia from a local creek, in mine to keep the algae down, it worked that summer until the drought ended.
One of my dogs had no end of fun chasing fish, but to my knowledge only caught one, in the shallows.
There were no Mosquito s as long as the fish were there.
P.S. I made sure all the fish were dead and gutted before they went back to the creek, to feed the crabs.

Back
Top Bottom