• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

In final days of campaign, Trump criticizes those fighting coronavirus

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump is spending the closing days of his re-election campaign criticizing public officials and medical professionals who are trying to combat the coronavirus pandemic even as it surges back across the United States.

Campaigning in the Midwest on Friday, Trump delivered a closing message that promised an economic revival and a vaccine to combat COVID-19, which is pushing hospitals to capacity and killing up to 1,000 people in the United States each day.

But he also directed attacks beyond just his rival in Tuesday’s election, Democrat Joe Biden.

Trump falsely said doctors earn more money when their patients die of the disease, building on his past criticism of medical experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious diseases expert.
=====================================================
More Trump lies. Now he attacks the medical heroes trying to keep people alive in a pandemic.

How does Trump explain the doctors and nurses of Walter Reed allowing him to live? /s

Tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me deadly little lies. What are these people thinking? Party before country?

He's been sabotaging them for nine months, what else is new?

He's been sabotaging them for nine months, what else is new?
No matter what happens, Trump needs someone to blame. It can't be his fault. Lies, all lies.

It is a fact that hospitals are paid more for covid deaths. There are quite a few examples of spurious claims of a covid deaths. Dr birx spoke of it too. We know that some doctors are bad and break laws and commit fraud. The article in the OP didnt have any damning quote. So, What did trump say that was wrong, exactly?

It is a fact that hospitals are paid more for covid deaths. There are quite a few examples of spurious claims of a covid deaths. Dr birx spoke of it too. We know that some doctors are bad and break laws and commit fraud. The article in the OP didnt have any damning quote. So, What did trump say that was wrong, exactly?
Like he’s done since the begging of the pandemic he’s downplaying it. Not really a massive spike in cases, just crooked doctors.
I guess there’s some idiots out there that buy his whole don’t believe anyone but me routine..but most ppl are just tired of it.

Like he’s done since the begging of the pandemic he’s downplaying it. Not really a massive spike in cases, just crooked doctors.
I guess there’s some idiots out there that buy his whole don’t believe anyone but me routine..but most ppl are just tired of it.

So.. there is no damning quote? Because from what I can tell... he is likely right. There are some in the medical system taking advantage of the system and increased payments. Unless you truly think that doctors are all pure and perfect.

One, well know example. They got caught and ended up removing him from the chorus counts. There are others like this, though. The motorcyclist accident counted as a covid death:

He blames the increase in cases on increases in testing.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump is spending the closing days of his re-election campaign criticizing public officials and medical professionals who are trying to combat the coronavirus pandemic even as it surges back across the United States.

Campaigning in the Midwest on Friday, Trump delivered a closing message that promised an economic revival and a vaccine to combat COVID-19, which is pushing hospitals to capacity and killing up to 1,000 people in the United States each day.

But he also directed attacks beyond just his rival in Tuesday’s election, Democrat Joe Biden.

Trump falsely said doctors earn more money when their patients die of the disease, building on his past criticism of medical experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious diseases expert.
=====================================================
More Trump lies. Now he attacks the medical heroes trying to keep people alive in a pandemic.

It's an absolute crap show. What's fascinating is people buying into all of this when it's the leader of the country throwing everyone under the bus of his conspiracy theories.

He blames the increase in cases on increases in testing.

Just checked the stats, our world in data, and the US is near the top in testing per capita. Well above most of the major nations. So, seems to be some truth there too.

So.. there is no damning quote? Because from what I can tell... he is likely right. There are some in the medical system taking advantage of the system and increased payments. Unless you truly think that doctors are all pure and perfect.

One, well know example. They got caught and ended up removing him from the chorus counts. There are others like this, though. The motorcyclist accident counted as a covid death:

I can say cops are crooked and murderers and Im sure you wouldn’t believe that statement is true. I could find instances where cops killed someone unjustly or were prosecuted for corruption.

We can go back and forth all day on his statement and over analyze it.

At the end of the day he’s just doing what he’s done for months. Downplay the virus and blame others for bad looking numbers. He will throw anyone under the bus to make himself look better. That’s what he’s doing and both of us know it.

tweety is a moron.

Was surprised to see he mocked Laura Ingraham for wearing a mask. I guess she downplayed it on her show, but then did the opposite in person. Interesting to see at least, she sticks to the recommendations for herself.
Although, I give him credit for sticking to his anti-science/medical-professional recommendations narrative until the end.

Just checked the stats, our world in data, and the US is near the top in testing per capita. Well above most of the major nations. So, seems to be some truth there too.

So the increase in testing explains why hospitals are being overwhelmed with sick people?

Imagine being a supporter of Neville Chamberlain 6 months after England declared war on Germany.

That is what being a Trump supporter 6 months after covid19 hit is like.

Imagine being a supporter of Neville Chamberlain 6 months after England declared war on Germany.

That is what being a Trump supporter 6 months after covid19 hit is like.
Most of his fans either don't understand what a virus is & can do, many of them are still following this 'hoax' claim.

So the increase in testing explains why hospitals are being overwhelmed with sick people?

It helps explain why there are more positives in the us than in other countries and helps provide context to the argument.

Many other major countries are seeing their hospitals overwhelmed or close to it now too. Know why? Because we are dealing with a pandemic that isn't going to go away regardless of who is president.

I can say cops are crooked and murderers and Im sure you wouldn’t believe that statement is true. I could find instances where cops killed someone unjustly or were prosecuted for corruption.

We can go back and forth all day on his statement and over analyze it.

At the end of the day he’s just doing what he’s done for months. Downplay the virus and blame others for bad looking numbers. He will throw anyone under the bus to make himself look better. That’s what he’s doing and both of us know it.

Sure. I can think of a few stories of cops acting badly. They have been charged and will be or already have been found guilty. There are many more claims of cops acting badly that are BS. Shooting a guy running at you with a knife? Justified regardless of color.

That doesn't change the fact that what trump said is true, though. We have examples of hospitals or doctors doing it. The numbers are likely overinflated. Even when its not fraudlent... we do count our covid deaths differently than other countries. So, it might be a covid death here, but the same situation in Germany isnt - as an example.

It helps explain why there are more positives in the us than in other countries and helps provide context to the argument.

Many other major countries are seeing their hospitals overwhelmed or close to it now too. Know why? Because we are dealing with a pandemic that isn't going to go away regardless of who is president.
But controls have worked in European & Asian countries. Masks, etc.

If they only stopped testing?

But controls have worked in European & Asian countries. Masks, etc.

They are seeing overwhelmed hospitals in European countries also. Germany, italy over or near. UK? They expect over soon. I haven't checked Asian countries, though.

Different cultures, different laws and different zone of controls... National vs state... can impact that. BTW, you see those pictures of people fleeing Paris b4 the lockdowns? People are done with it all.

Back
Top Bottom