• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In denial: Local paper examines illegal immigration

We don't have to speculate on what will happen if we extend amnesty to illegals. We did it once, and saw the results. The last thing we need to do is pass another amnesty bill.

You say you don't agree with another amnesty bill? Well, I recently read an article which focused on the idea of an amnesty bill. In a newspaper article I read recently they mentioned that not much is heard from President Obama’s legislation, but Rosemary Jenks, director of government relations of Numbers USA is ready to speak. Numbers USA is an organization that presses for lower immigration levels along with humanitarian treatment of illegal immigrants. Jenks has started a petition to President Obama, expressing the outrage accounted for this issue. Jenks states information she has received from sources close to the Democratic leadership: “Both chambers of that administration are discussing whether the Department of Homeland Security could direct staff to grant "amnesty" for all illegal immigrants in the country”. She also confirms that the legislation is trying to figure out ways around a vote. Under this law in the works, immigration officials can grant deferred action to temporarily postpone removing an illegal immigrant from the country. This does not guarantee amnesty, but Jenks states that illegal immigrants under parole are most often allowed to seek legal status which they are shortly granted. However, the Obama legislation has a “Plan B” in the works that is strictly confined to be kept secret. Jenks states that the legislation is trying to find ways around a vote; which would be possible but very difficult to attain.Clearly deporting 12 million people is close to impossible but what other options are there?

You say you don't agree with another amnesty bill? Well, I recently read an article which focused on the idea of an amnesty bill. In a newspaper article I read recently they mentioned that not much is heard from President Obama’s legislation, but Rosemary Jenks, director of government relations of Numbers USA is ready to speak. Numbers USA is an organization that presses for lower immigration levels along with humanitarian treatment of illegal immigrants. Jenks has started a petition to President Obama, expressing the outrage accounted for this issue. Jenks states information she has received from sources close to the Democratic leadership: “Both chambers of that administration are discussing whether the Department of Homeland Security could direct staff to grant "amnesty" for all illegal immigrants in the country”. She also confirms that the legislation is trying to figure out ways around a vote. Under this law in the works, immigration officials can grant deferred action to temporarily postpone removing an illegal immigrant from the country. This does not guarantee amnesty, but Jenks states that illegal immigrants under parole are most often allowed to seek legal status which they are shortly granted. However, the Obama legislation has a “Plan B” in the works that is strictly confined to be kept secret. Jenks states that the legislation is trying to find ways around a vote; which would be possible but very difficult to attain.Clearly deporting 12 million people is close to impossible but what other options are there?

Both chambers are discussing amnesty, and ways to get around a vote? Really? If that's so, it is reprehensible and is going to create a huge backlash among voters when the word gets out. I'd bet against it happening, but, who knows.

As for deporting 12 million people, no that isn't possible. On the other hand, if we grant amnesty, those 12 million are likely to be come 15 million or more. Actually, no one knows how many there are now, but it is for sure that an amnesty bill would increase the numbers.

How about a national ID card, obtained by birth certificate or proof of legal residency? How about fining the hell out of employers who then hire illegals? How about denial of government services? Most of them would self deport. Then, to make things fair for all, allow them, along with all of their countrymen who would come here, to apply for legal entry in their home country, not here. If they apply for amnesty here, there will be a new deluge of illegal immigration, you can count on it.

How about a national ID card, obtained by birth certificate or proof of legal residency? How about fining the hell out of employers who then hire illegals? How about denial of government services? Most of them would self deport. Then, to make things fair for all, allow them, along with all of their countrymen who would come here, to apply for legal entry in their home country, not here. If they apply for amnesty here, there will be a new deluge of illegal immigration, you can count on it.

The first idea seems an awful lot like the Arizona law and that angered many people. Everyone thought it was unconstitutional and degrading, so if the whole nation had to adapt to this there would be an even bigger uproar of unhappiness. Finning the hell out of employers who hire illegals? They have been trying to do this for a while now. It’s clearly very difficult to achieve. Also, I work with many illegal people and I have been with the restaurant for about 2 years and no one has been caught yet, meanwhile the illegal kitchen workers have been there for about as long as the restaurant opened ( eight years). These people have documents that are not theirs, but documents that could get them out of a bad situation. Obviously, all the documents are false but with the corruptive government and the easily bought off high officials, anyone can do as they please in this country. Clearly, this is a very heated topic , as to what to do with the illegals because this country has been trying to solve it for a long time now , but deporting the illegals is not the answer neither is granting them amnesty due to all the negative effects of such an act. So, what is Obama to do? As I stated earlier, Jenks has information that they are trying to avoid a vote. I am just trying to warn people.

The first idea seems an awful lot like the Arizona law and that angered many people. Everyone thought it was unconstitutional and degrading, so if the whole nation had to adapt to this there would be an even bigger uproar of unhappiness. Finning the hell out of employers who hire illegals? They have been trying to do this for a while now. It’s clearly very difficult to achieve. Also, I work with many illegal people and I have been with the restaurant for about 2 years and no one has been caught yet, meanwhile the illegal kitchen workers have been there for about as long as the restaurant opened ( eight years). These people have documents that are not theirs, but documents that could get them out of a bad situation. Obviously, all the documents are false but with the corruptive government and the easily bought off high officials, anyone can do as they please in this country. Clearly, this is a very heated topic , as to what to do with the illegals because this country has been trying to solve it for a long time now , but deporting the illegals is not the answer neither is granting them amnesty due to all the negative effects of such an act. So, what is Obama to do? As I stated earlier, Jenks has information that they are trying to avoid a vote. I am just trying to warn people.

Clearly, this is a very heated topic, and not one that is going to yield to any simplistic solutions. The problem has been going on for a long time now, and is going to take a long time to solve. The rest of the problem is that the government isn't really committed to solving it at all, for the reason you just stated: corrupt government and easily bought off officials. One thing is for sure: No matter what is done, someone isn't going to like it.

So you believe it’s fair for people who “hopped the border” or overstayed their visas to have the same rights as people, such as my parents, who worked hard and spent a lot of money to get their green cards to come here to have the same rights? I think such a move would anger thousands of people in this country.

I am not sure if you know much about the Reagan Amnesty, or what was involved. There were 4 main componants though in order to be considered:

1. You had to have been living in the US for 5 years or more.
2. You must not have a criminal record.
3. You must have either been a student in school, or had a job and payed taxes.
4. YOu must go to the INS and apply for Naturalization, like any other Resident Alien.

And in reality, the program has never really gone away. I do not really care how a person enters the country. However, I care about how they behave once they are here. And today, most illegals would never qualify for such an amnesty.

Either they develop criminal records, or they refuse to go to the INS and try to legalize their status. I in no way propose a "blanket amnesty", but as was seen in the 1980's, most illegals do not care about becomming Residents, they simply want the free ride and benefits before they go home.

And those are more then welcome to go home, immediately.

Second, you do not care about the economy? If the citizens were granted a vote in this matter don’t you think it would be important for everyone to be aware of the effects of granting amnesty to 12 million illegal immigrants. Speaking of the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act, you mentioned how 3 million illegal immigrants became legal. Well, did you know that these immigrants brought over 142,000 dependants. If we could make an estimate, imagine that number times 4? The population of this country would immediately increase, taking away jobs from people who are here legally. The amnesty President Regan granted also created a lot of trouble. People went to dangerous ways to try to sneak into the country to be a part of this amnesty.

OK, now to try and make some sense of this massive paragraph.

I see you are one that believes the coprolite that Roy Beck spews out. Because so much of what you just said is just like the things he says. About the only thing you left out was calling them "Anchor Babies".

OK, you have to realize first off that when somebody becomes a Resident Alien, they still can't vote. They are not Citizens. All they have is the right to live and work here.

And many will not become Citizens. Some will return to their home countries, or on to other countries. Others will live out their lives as Resident Aliens. And yes, others will become Citizens later on, normally 5-10 years later.

And that 142,000 number is so inflated and misrepresented it is a joke. And I take it that you want those children of immigrants thrown out. Well, you will do so over my dead body, because 2 of them happen to be my children. They are both US Citizens, and this always has and always will be their home. And if they were brought over and not born here, then they have to go through the same process of becomming citizens as their parents do.

Oh, and those people you talk about that tried to sneak into the country? Well, tough luck, but they did not qualify for the amnesty in 1976. Unless you could prove 5+ years of continuous employment or school in the US, you simply did not qualify. Tough luck, go home.

If the whole world knew that our country was trying to bring about this amnesty there would be a lot of commotion, and the number of illegals would increase significantly. You also mention that the unemployment rate would not change because 12 million is not a large number compared to the population of America.

No, because you do it like the one done in the 1980's. You must have lived here for a period of time (5+ years), have worked and paid taxes, no criminal offenses, and be willing to go through the entire immigration process. Just those qualifications alone will eliminate probably 75% or more of the illegals in the country already.

And obviously prohibit any new ones from entering to try and take advantage of the program.

Remember, I do not believe in any kind of "Blanket Amnesty" like President Obama does. I think that is wrong, and a slap in the face of those that come here legally. And I do not think it should be a gift, to be handed to those that came in. But for those that are illegal in one way or another, I believe in giving them a chance. But it is up to them to take it.

And FYI, my wife is an immigrant. She was 16 when her family entered the country legally in 1979. They were from Argentina, and were fleeing the "Drity Wars", where they all were under a death sentence. Her father collected their paperwork, and later gave them social security cards. Her, her sister and their mother were all told that they were there legally.

However, only the father had a legal work visa. The rest were on 6 month tourist visas. I met her 2 years later, and in 1985 we got engaged. Her and her sister had both finished school in the US, and had been working for several years. It was the prompting by my wife that finallly got her father to admit the truth.

Within 1 year, my wife, sister and mother were all legal Resident Aliens. And it did not even take the Amnesty to do so. They simply applied at INS, and they waived the technicality of their entry. They do this all the time. If you overstay your visa, if you fail to apply for the Perminant Resident card, if you leave the country for a prolonged period of time then come back, there are thousands of ways to enter legally, then become illegal.

And the INS waives these cases all the time, as long as the person is willing to go to them, apply to fix the problem, and do what is needed. The problem is that most never even bother until they are caught. And to those, I say "Enjoy life back home where you came from".

And BTW, my wife is still not a US citizen. Next week will be our 25th anniversary, and we are still happily married. She is a nurse, and other then the last 2 years has worked steadily since 1981 (sometimes holding down 2-3 jobs at once). We are planning on finalizing her Citizenship within the next few years. But because of the cost and hastle, it has not been a big priority. About the only difference between her and a Citizen is the right to vote.

Yes, and millions more came across the border when the word got around that they could get amnesty.

We don't have to speculate on what will happen if we extend amnesty to illegals. We did it once, and saw the results. The last thing we need to do is pass another amnesty bill.

Read what I posted above, and research the 1986 bill.

In the 1986 Illegal Amnesty program, the grand total of those that applied and were granted Amnesty were...

less then 3 million.

Yes, that's it. A great many others applied, but were rejected for various reasons. Among them were criminal records (here or back in their home country), inability to prove residency in the US for the required amount of time (5+ years) were the most common reasons.

And the added benefit was that for the next several years, deportations increased. Because so many of what was called the "Grey Aliens" became legalized, it made it easier for INS to go after the rest of the illegal community. Deportations increased, and a great many criminal illegals were jailed and deported back home.

Oh, and I forgot one other requirement needed to apply back in 1986. The person applying must have never been deported from the US. Which also excluded a huge number of "revolving door" illegals.

Read what I posted above, and research the 1986 bill.

In the 1986 Illegal Amnesty program, the grand total of those that applied and were granted Amnesty were...

less then 3 million.

Yes, that's it. A great many others applied, but were rejected for various reasons. Among them were criminal records (here or back in their home country), inability to prove residency in the US for the required amount of time (5+ years) were the most common reasons.

And the added benefit was that for the next several years, deportations increased. Because so many of what was called the "Grey Aliens" became legalized, it made it easier for INS to go after the rest of the illegal community. Deportations increased, and a great many criminal illegals were jailed and deported back home.

Oh, and I forgot one other requirement needed to apply back in 1986. The person applying must have never been deported from the US. Which also excluded a huge number of "revolving door" illegals.

Let me tell you where I was in '86.

I was a teacher in an elementary school in the middle of farm country. My assignment at the time was reading recovery, working with kids behind in reading.

When amnesty passed, the school was totally inundated with kids who (1) didn't speak English, (2) could barely read and write, if at all and (3) really didn't want to be there, having been taken into a strange new culture by their parents.

Of course, we had no way of knowing that they were illegals, not being allowed to ask, but it was pretty obvious. Not only obvious, but kids are pretty open, and these were open to telling us about hiding from the "Migra" and so on.

The reading program went out the window. The task became teaching the newcomers to speak English, along with beginning reading and math. Most of them had never been to school. Being fluent in Spanish, I got that assignment, too.

While their parents may never have achieved the dream of legal status and eventual citizenship, that is the motive for them having come here.

The impact on out little school, and on the educational system as a whole, was huge. If we pass amnesty again, schools and other government services will experience a similar impact, whether the people who sneak across the border are actually ever legalized or not. It was rumor and hope that brought them here, and it will do so again.

Let me tell you where I was in '86.

I was a teacher in an elementary school in the middle of farm country. My assignment at the time was reading recovery, working with kids behind in reading.

When amnesty passed, the school was totally inundated with kids who (1) didn't speak English, (2) could barely read and write, if at all and (3) really didn't want to be there, having been taken into a strange new culture by their parents.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Because what you are bringing up here has not a single thing to do with the 1986 Amnesty Program. Not a single thing.

Did you expect it to end illegal immigration? You want to know about that, I was in LA at that time, and it was everywhere. I live in El Paso now, and it is even worse. They could legalize every one in the nation now, and it will not stop it.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Because what you are bringing up here has not a single thing to do with the 1986 Amnesty Program. Not a single thing.

Did you expect it to end illegal immigration? You want to know about that, I was in LA at that time, and it was everywhere. I live in El Paso now, and it is even worse. They could legalize every one in the nation now, and it will not stop it.

The point is that when the government passed amnesty in '86, the result was a huge increase in illegal immigration.

Here is the first part of an analysis of illegal immigration from the local level. The Fresno Bee is a major paper in the San Joaquin Valley, which is ground zero (or one of the ground zeros at any rate) for illegal immigration.

There are a lot of solutions to illegal immigration. Most of them are simplistic and unworkable. There are no easy answers.

Illegal immigrants flock to Valley despite risks

Highlights:

So, are we going to deport 90% of our agricultural workers? Who will replace them? Agriculture is by far the biggest part of the economy in this area.

I added that part because I can relate: I spent part of a summer picking peaches in 1960, back when American citizens actually went to the fields to work.

H2A Temporary Ag Work Visa. Easy to fill out, easy to file...nearly automatically approved. workingimmigrants.com: ABCs of Immigration – H-2A (agriculture work) visas

We won't lose "migrant ag workers" if we enforce the rules. They'll just have to learn how to fill out the paperwork.

The point is that when the government passed amnesty in '86, the result was a huge increase in illegal immigration.

Can you prove this?

This is one thing that a lot of people in here seem totally unable to do. They willl make all kinds of allegations, but are unable to prove or document any of them.

You can say that the moon is green and that it is possible to compute the square root of a negative number. But unless you can prove these things, your words mean nothing.

And so far, you have been unable to proove that there is any kind of connection between amnesty and illegal immigration. The fact that any new illegals were ineligable for the amnesty itself should make it obvious there was no connection. Can you find any kind of connection between the two?

And considering your tag line, I find this even more ironic.

Can you prove this?

This is one thing that a lot of people in here seem totally unable to do. They willl make all kinds of allegations, but are unable to prove or document any of them.

You can say that the moon is green and that it is possible to compute the square root of a negative number. But unless you can prove these things, your words mean nothing.

And so far, you have been unable to proove that there is any kind of connection between amnesty and illegal immigration. The fact that any new illegals were ineligable for the amnesty itself should make it obvious there was no connection. Can you find any kind of connection between the two?

And considering your tag line, I find this even more ironic.

deportables.gif

» Illegal Immigration: Where’s the Fire? - Irregular Times

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/yearbook/2008/ois_yb_2008.pdf

Yes, there is a spike. And did you read what it listed?

"Number of Deportable Aliens Located". Does it say "New Illegals entering the country"? Does it say "Number who entered to take advantage of amnesty"?

No, I did not think so. Notice, "Number of deportable aliens located".

INS had a field day after the Amnesty, because it let them crack down even harder. Those that wanted to take advantage of the amnesty did, the others were deported. And the increased "teeth" in immigration laws that was passed at the same time (like verifying ability to work) made it even easier to catch those that were here illegally.

The fact that the time in question shows an increase in number caught does not mean they had just entered. So this proves not a single thing. Other then the second part of the Amnesty Bill (requiring documentation) was effective.

Yes, there is a spike. And did you read what it listed?

"Number of Deportable Aliens Located". Does it say "New Illegals entering the country"? Does it say "Number who entered to take advantage of amnesty"?

No, I did not think so. Notice, "Number of deportable aliens located".

INS had a field day after the Amnesty, because it let them crack down even harder. Those that wanted to take advantage of the amnesty did, the others were deported. And the increased "teeth" in immigration laws that was passed at the same time (like verifying ability to work) made it even easier to catch those that were here illegally.

The fact that the time in question shows an increase in number caught does not mean they had just entered. So this proves not a single thing. Other then the second part of the Amnesty Bill (requiring documentation) was effective.

Well, Mr. Genius, why don't you tell us how to count the number of people in the country that are undocumented. The best indicator of the number of illegal immigrants is the number that are deported. Especially after amnesty was issued. Granted, policy changes and funding can skew the numbers. But there just isn't a better indicator. The graph supports the assertion...it doesn't prove the assertion, but it is the only information that can be had.

Well, Mr. Genius, why don't you tell us how to count the number of people in the country that are undocumented. The best indicator of the number of illegal immigrants is the number that are deported. Especially after amnesty was issued. Granted, policy changes and funding can skew the numbers. But there just isn't a better indicator. The graph supports the assertion...it doesn't prove the assertion, but it is the only information that can be had.

How about when the aliens captured entered the country?

All that shows to me is that the second part of the illegal immigration law passed in 1986 worked.

Most people do not realize that the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act had 2 parts. Half was to allow those that had entered before 1981 and followed the other laws had an opportunity to legalize their status. The other half was a huge increase in the ability for INS to identify and deport illegal aliens.

For one, it required employers to verify the immigration status, and their ability to work. It also made it a crime to employ those that were illegals. It also increased the "Seasonal Worker" program.

The fact that the number of deportable aliens were located points to me the fact that the other parts were working. Not that illegal immigration increased. In fact, since most illegals are in the country for years before being detected this points more towards detecting then increased immigration. Nothing in the studies related to that graph show that illegal immigration increased after passage of the 1986 law.

But here is a chart that shows it did not. Look at this:

back106.gif

Notice, this tracks illegal immigration by year. And wow, in the mid 1980's, no spike. However, 3 years later in 1989 there began a spike. This is after the amnesty program ended, so obviously there is no connection.

Two Sides of the Same Coin: The Connection Between Legal and Illegal Immigration | Center for Immigration Studies

However, spikes also come and go. When conditions are bad in Mexico, illegal immigration increases. And right now the drug war in Mexico is fueling immigration to untold numbers (almost ten times the rate in 1986). And even though conditions are not much better in the US, at least people are willing to take the chance because we do not have open warfare on our streets.

No one counts how many illegals are entering the country, and no, of course I can't prove that what our little community experienced happened all over the country. I do know that there were far more of them here than there were before amnesty was passed.

The schools can't even ask whether parents enrolling children are legal or not. Employers don't verify. No one counts how many sneak across the border. But when a school is suddenly inundated with children who don't speak English, and who tell tales of avoiding the migra, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the number of illegals has suddenly increased. Moreover, when the parents say that they are here in hopes of gaining legal statue, it isn't a huge leap to conclude that amnesty increased illegal immigration.

The schools can't even ask whether parents enrolling children are legal or not.

Well, blame your own union for that.

The CTA (California Teachers Association) fought Proposition 187 tooth and nail. They even encouraged their members to refuse to comply with the law, and not report the children of illegal aliens who were enroled in school.

And it does not help when states like California give illegal aliens lower college tuition rates then children of US citizens or legal aliens. Sure you see a big problem in California, because you live in a state that panders to the illegals, so they flock there in huge numbers.

And it is also a fact that you can't prove your claims. Maybe you should look at part of the real problem: You live in a state that often gives illegals more rights then citizens. That is why you see things so skewed.

Like most problems in California, it is a California problem. And they refuse to ever see that, and wonder why most of the other states do not see it like they do.

Well, blame your own union for that.

The CTA (California Teachers Association) fought Proposition 187 tooth and nail. They even encouraged their members to refuse to comply with the law, and not report the children of illegal aliens who were enroled in school.

The union had nothing to do with not being able to ask for legal status. The reason for that was to keep schools from being an enforcement agency for the INS. Moreover, the injunction predated Proposition 187.

And it does not help when states like California give illegal aliens lower college tuition rates then children of US citizens or legal aliens. Sure you see a big problem in California, because you live in a state that panders to the illegals, so they flock there in huge numbers.

That does not help, no, but it isn't a big deal. The number of illegals who get in state tuition is not enough to make a difference.

Since you're into proof, can you prove that illegals flock here in huge numbers in order to get in state tuition?

And it is also a fact that you can't prove your claims. Maybe you should look at part of the real problem: You live in a state that often gives illegals more rights then citizens. That is why you see things so skewed.

Like most problems in California, it is a California problem. And they refuse to ever see that, and wonder why most of the other states do not see it like they do.

So, does that mean you don't believe me when I say that amnesty will increase illegal immigration? Are you for amnesty, then? No, I can't prove it. It is an opinion, after all, not a fact. It is a well supported opinion, however, unlike your opinion that the union and in state tuition are to blame for the problem of illegal immigration in California.

The union had nothing to do with not being able to ask for legal status. The reason for that was to keep schools from being an enforcement agency for the INS. Moreover, the injunction predated Proposition 187.

No, they just told all their members to ignore the law.

Funny, how you are given an opportunity yourself to help defend the nation against illegal immigrations, and you find some way to both break the law and ignore it.

Personally, I feel that it is the duty of every citizen to report violations of the law, no matter what their job is. Obviously teachers feel otherwise.

That does not help, no, but it isn't a big deal. The number of illegals who get in state tuition is not enough to make a difference.

Since you're into proof, can you prove that illegals flock here in huge numbers in order to get in state tuition?

I don't care if the number is one. The simple fact that illegal aliens pay lower tuition then legal US citizens and legal aliens is simply disgusting. And it disgusts me more when people try to defend that.

Then say it is no big deal. Which side are you on? Obviously in Dittohead Not land, illegals are bad, unless they are in school.

Are you for amnesty, then?

I am in favor of a limited amnesty, in lines of what was enacted in 1986. Except I would make it stretch back 10 years, not just 5. And if there is any criminal violation above a minor speeding ticket, it should be denied.

And they must prove they followed all laws while they were here. They must have a valid drivers license, show proof that they had insurance (for at least a period 2+ years before they apply). They must prove they paid their taxes. They must have at least a basic understanding and fluency in English, both reading and writing. And they must never have been on Welfare, Food Stamps, or any other federal program.

And the initial amnesty should be tied with a minimum of a 5 year probationary period. Give them their Resident Alien card. But for the next 5 years, they must follow all laws, must be unemployed no more then 90-120 days, and collect no aid for more then 90-120 days. If they violate any of those, then out they go.

Only after the 5 year probationary period can they move forward and achieve "Permanent Resident Alien" status. Then they must follow all the rules for any other new Permanent Resident Alien in becomming a citizen. And they must apply to become a Citizen within another 5-10 years, or they loose their rights, and have to start all over again.

Yes, I believe in Amnesty, but for a very limited number. And that amnesty is strictly enforced, so only the best remain. All the others should simply get a free bus ticket back home.

In other words, I do not believe in an Amnesty in the way the libtards do, where they are handed out like prizes in a Cracker Jack box.

No, they just told all their members to ignore the law.

No one told anyone to ignore the law, but that seems to be what you're suggesting here:

Funny, how you are given an opportunity yourself to help defend the nation against illegal immigrations, and you find some way to both break the law and ignore it.

Personally, I feel that it is the duty of every citizen to report violations of the law, no matter what their job is. Obviously teachers feel otherwise.

The law is and was, don't ask, don't tell.

I don't care if the number is one. The simple fact that illegal aliens pay lower tuition then legal US citizens and legal aliens is simply disgusting. And it disgusts me more when people try to defend that.

Giving illegals benefits that out of state students don't get is unfair. The fact is, the problem is a molehill that has been made into a mountain. Changing the in state tuition law would be no more than a raindrop in a lake.

Then say it is no big deal. Which side are you on? Obviously in Dittohead Not land, illegals are bad, unless they are in school.

It is not a big deal as there are only a few anyway. The big deal is that we allow millions of people to live here illegally in order to exploit cheap labor that doesn't dare to complain. That is the big deal. The big deal is the impact illegal immigration has on schools, prisons, health care,welfare, and other government services. The big deal is that fat, lazy American citizens who aren't qualified for any other kind of work are too good to pick fruit or make beds. That is the big deal.

I am in favor of a limited amnesty, in lines of what was enacted in 1986. Except I would make it stretch back 10 years, not just 5. And if there is any criminal violation above a minor speeding ticket, it should be denied.

And they must prove they followed all laws while they were here. They must have a valid drivers license, show proof that they had insurance (for at least a period 2+ years before they apply). They must prove they paid their taxes. They must have at least a basic understanding and fluency in English, both reading and writing. And they must never have been on Welfare, Food Stamps, or any other federal program.

And the initial amnesty should be tied with a minimum of a 5 year probationary period. Give them their Resident Alien card. But for the next 5 years, they must follow all laws, must be unemployed no more then 90-120 days, and collect no aid for more then 90-120 days. If they violate any of those, then out they go.

Only after the 5 year probationary period can they move forward and achieve "Permanent Resident Alien" status. Then they must follow all the rules for any other new Permanent Resident Alien in becomming a citizen. And they must apply to become a Citizen within another 5-10 years, or they loose their rights, and have to start all over again.

All that is well and good, if you add a couple more conditions: Fines for employers, so they won't hire illegals who simply ignore the law, and a requirement that they go back to their home country temporarily in order to apply for permanent status here. If we allow them to do all of the paperwork here, we will get a flood of illegals hoping to circumvent the time requirement. If we allow them to continue to work here illegally, many of them will do so.

Yes, I believe in Amnesty, but for a very limited number. And that amnesty is strictly enforced, so only the best remain. All the others should simply get a free bus ticket back home.

In other words, I do not believe in an Amnesty in the way the libtards do, where they are handed out like prizes in a Cracker Jack box.

The plan you have just outlined is an amnesty plan. It would not be for a "very limited number", as millions of people would benefit from it, at least as long as they have to become legal in order to work here and get government services. It would work, given the two additions I just described. It won't happen because:

1. Employers of illegals would block it in order to keep their pool of cheap labor.
2. It would be attacked by the RWNJs as a "libtard" (to use your term) amnesty plan.
3. The federal government is not committed to solving this problem, and no one else can.

The plan you have just outlined is an amnesty plan. It would not be for a "very limited number", as millions of people would benefit from it, at least as long as they have to become legal in order to work here and get government services. It would work, given the two additions I just described. It won't happen because:

Really? You really think that "millions of illegals" would qualify under the conditions I just listed? I rather doubt it.

I have had 2 vehicles heavily damaged or destroyed by illegals. And guess what? Neither of them had either a drivers license or insurance. And only a small percentage of illegals bother with auto insurance. That alone will block the majority of illegals that would want to apply.

And I am not talking any kind of permanent amnesty, only a one-shot deal that would last a year. In other words, you must meet all the qualifications when it starts, or give it up. I would be surprised if even 500,000 would qualify.

Oh, and it is already illegal for employers to hire illegals. It has been the law since 1986.

California should be part of Mexico. The illegal alien Mexicans have been welcomed in California with open arms, given food, shelter, medicine, free schooling, you name it they get it.

We just love illegal alien Mexicans who come to California because they add so much to the state. They are all graduates of the third grade, they know how to use a hammer, and they will bring all of their relatives here so we can love them too.

Back
Top Bottom