• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In D.C. drama over shutdown and debt ceiling, Republican Paul Ryan finally emerges

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
There's been one major name offstage during the national soap opera (some say tragedy) that the pitched partisan budget battle has become—Republican House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan.

In the weeks leading up to the government shutdown deadline on Oct. 1, Republican and Democratic leaders spent their public time volleying demands across the capitol, negotiating through the media and organizing noisy political stunts that were more focused on ensuring the other guys took blame than reaching a solution.

Amid the sound and fury over the shutdown and the doomsday predictions if the government fails to increase the nation's debt ceiling, Ryan has taken a different approach.

And he is quite a different Paul Ryan than last year. He is actually working with Democrats to hammer out a solution, rather than attempting to impose extremist ideology. This is a pleasant surprise, and don't be surprised if his name surfaces in 2016 as a contender for the GOP nomination.

Article is here.

Re: In D.C. drama over shutdown and debt ceiling, Republican Paul Ryan finally emerge

And he is quite a different Paul Ryan than last year. He is actually working with Democrats to hammer out a solution, rather than attempting to impose extremist ideology. This is a pleasant surprise, and don't be surprised if his name surfaces in 2016 as a contender for the GOP nomination.

Article is here.

Heres an article I read earlier today on the same subject: Ryan leaves drama to others; coolly steps in at key moment

I wouldn't say he's working with Democrats as much as I would say he's trying to stay far away from the extreme positions of the Tea Party and as his Chief of Staff stated, "be the adult in the room."

And I agree, look for a Ryan 2016 poster coming to a telephone pole near you.

Re: In D.C. drama over shutdown and debt ceiling, Republican Paul Ryan finally emerge

Article is here.

I dunno' Dana, call me cynical but I believe if you incorporate the D.C. theatrics into your stage presentation ... you'd fill stadiums worldwide.

(Keep us posted on Hightower)

Keep the beat

Thom Paine

:roll: this is the exact same Paul Ryan.

And yes. He should be a major part of the 2016 campaign.

Back
Top Bottom