• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Case of Bias, Call 911

coyotedelmar

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
At least according to Santa Clara University. Surely, they mean like someone beating someone up due to race or trying to injure/kill (etc.) someone right? Apparently not, at least not according to their own site which includes speech or acts (acts could mean a number of things, from actual 911 calling stuff to merely flipping the bird, they don't specify).

Santa Clara University - Office of the Provost -Bias Incident Reporting

What is a Bias Incident?

Santa Clara University defines a bias incident as a speech, act, or harassing action that targets, threatens, or attacks an individual or group because of their actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religious affiliation, sex, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.

Ways to report a bias incident:

If the bias incident is in progress or just occurred: ALWAYS CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY

I hope the students at Santa Clara University are smarter then their admins because this is getting ridiculous. Maybe after a few students get fined for misusing 911, they'll change it...I kid, what will probably happen is Santa Clara emergency response will get called racists and bigots and don't care about <insert groups here> because they wouldn't respond to someone saying mean things.

At least according to Santa Clara University. Surely, they mean like someone beating someone up due to race or trying to injure/kill (etc.) someone right? Apparently not, at least not according to their own site which includes speech or acts (acts could mean a number of things, from actual 911 calling stuff to merely flipping the bird, they don't specify).

Santa Clara University - Office of the Provost -Bias Incident Reporting

I hope the students at Santa Clara University are smarter then their admins because this is getting ridiculous. Maybe after a few students get fined for misusing 911, they'll change it...I kid, what will probably happen is Santa Clara emergency response will get called racists and bigots and don't care about <insert groups here> because they wouldn't respond to someone saying mean things.

Utterly ridiculous. 911 is supposed to be for emergencies.

Back
Top Bottom