• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Alaska, The First Amendment Is On Trial As The Left Tries To Punish Speech

This is the David Eastman who violated state ethics laws by revealing classified information. Helps to provide all the details, and helps alot to use real sources and not highly partisan ones like The Federalist. Here, let me help you by showing what is actually happening: https://www.adn.com/politics/alaska...r-takes-stand-in-case-over-oath-keepers-ties/
The ADN is not a "real source." It is a leftist piece of shit rag run by San Fransisco leftist filth. Half of their leftist propagandists don't even live in the State they are suppose to be writing about.

With regard to your bullshit mischaracterization of the ethics complaint against Eastman, he revealed that an ethics complaint had been lodged against Rep. Gabrielle LeDoux to reporters - that is it. Ethics complaints in Alaska, for very obvious reasons, are kept confidential. He was removed from his committee seat for that violation in 2017.

Note that no one is suggesting he cannot say whatever he likes, just that he is disqualified from holding office based on the Alaska constitution.
He is not disqualified from holding office, since the publicly stated goals of the Oath Keepers are to uphold the US Constitution that they all took oaths to protect. The leftist piece of shit judge needs to be impeached and disbarred for judicial misconduct for intentionally violating Eastman's First Amendment rights.

Lol.

Fake news.

• Overall, we rate The Federalist Questionable and far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right and promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Failed Fact Checks

some advice.learn to evaluate sources.
So you have absolutely nothing to contribute, as usual. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.
His involvement in the Oath Keepers violates the current Alaskan constitution
How exactly does it violate the Alaska State Constitution? The Oath Keepers all swear oaths to uphold the US Constitution. Which is how the organization got its name.

Source:

For those who wish to know more about David Eastman, the following links are to his personal website, and his Alaska State Legislature website:

There would certainly appear to be judicial misconduct if the case was given merit based upon Eastman's individual right to freely associate with whomever he pleases. The case began on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. I do not have the details yet on how it is proceeding. I will post to this thread when that information becomes available.
The issue appears to be that the Alaskan constitution says you can't hold office if you want to overthrow the united states, or some such.

Apparently they put that in in 1955, thinking about what would happen if the USSR invaded, or some such?

Except that the Oath Keeper's stated goals do not violate Alaska's State Constitution. This is the actual stated goal of the Oath Keeper's:
The Oath Keepers USA are a group of proud American Patriots who are dedicated to upholding the constitution of the United States.

@Glitch, handsome is as handsome does. Sorry, but the Oath Keepers showed their true colors on Jan 6 2023.
Guilt by association is a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution, and Article I, Section 6 of the Alaska State Constitution. In other words, if the case was given merit based upon Eastman's association with any individual or organization that is an impeachable offense.

Guilt by association is a violation of the First Amendment of the US Constitution, and Article I, Section 6 of the Alaska State Constitution. In other words, if the case was given merit based upon Eastman's association with any individual or organization that is an impeachable offense.
Eastman won't condemn the Jan 6 attack, either. That would go a long way toward proving he's just a 'member' from years ago, but nothing more. He can't disavow them and hold onto his base, though. What to do, what to do?

The issue appears to be that the Alaskan constitution says you can't hold office if you want to overthrow the united states, or some such.

Apparently they put that in in 1955, thinking about what would happen if the USSR invaded, or some such?
That is correct. You cannot be a member of the Alaska State Legislature if you either advocate for the overthrow of the US, or any State, or are a member of an organization that advocates the overthrow of the US, or any State.

A lifetime membership with the Oath Keepers - whose publicly stated goals are to uphold the US Constitution which they have all sworn oaths to protect - does not meet those requirements.

How much snow have you got on the ground, Glitch?

Eastman won't condemn the Jan 6 attack, either. That would go a long way toward proving he's just a 'member' from years ago, but nothing more. He can't disavow them and hold onto his base, though. What to do, what to do?
You mean he wouldn't use the words you leftists wanted him to say. That's too damn bad. I wouldn't placate the leftist filth either.

In Alaska, The First Amendment Is On Trial As The Left Tries To Punish Speech​

How much snow have you got on the ground, Glitch?
Between 40 and 44 inches cumulative at my place, with about 32 inches being deposited in the last week alone. It is the most snow I've seen in a single month since the early 1990s. Even when we set a new snowfall record for the Winter of 2011-2012 with 133 inches of total snow, it never came down this much at one time. It was like I was living in Valdez, Alaska, the Snowiest City in the US, where they average 300 inches per year.

It was so much snow at one time all my alder trees were bowed over at a 45° angle. It required a bobcat to dig me out this morning, a standard plow at the end of a pick-up wasn't going to cut it.

You mean he wouldn't use the words you leftists wanted him to say. That's too damn bad. I wouldn't placate the leftist filth either.
How dare you! I shower!

In Alaska, The First Amendment Is On Trial As The Left Tries To Punish Speech​

Consider the source. The Southern Poverty Law Center is an extremely leftist radical organization that brands everyone who disagrees with them as "hate groups." :rolleyes:

As the Oath Keepers website clearly demonstrates, it consists of law enforcement officers, military personnel, and even legislators. Everyone who has taken an oath to uphold and protect the US Constitution. That is how the organization got its name. Which is completely contrary to the utter bullshit you leftists are spewing now.

Source:

For those who wish to know more about David Eastman, the following links are to his personal website, and his Alaska State Legislature website:

There would certainly appear to be judicial misconduct if the case was given merit based upon Eastman's individual right to freely associate with whomever he pleases. The case began on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. I do not have the details yet on how it is proceeding. I will post to this thread when that information becomes available.
Are you for or against insurrection?

Consider the source. The Southern Poverty Law Center is an extremely leftist radical organization that brands everyone who disagrees with them as "hate groups." :rolleyes:

As the Oath Keepers website clearly demonstrates, it consists of law enforcement officers, military personnel, and even legislators. Everyone who has taken an oath to uphold and protect the US Constitution. That is how the organization got its name. Which is completely contrary to the utter bullshit you leftists are spewing now.
Glitch - WTF?!! There's absolutely nothing unconstitutional about holding views, or belonging to organizations, that are left-of-center. MILLIONS of loyal left-of-center Americans - in law enforcement, the military, elected office, etc. - have taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution. Everyone in government service takes an oath to defend the Constitution. The ACLU defends the Constitution. But they're not engaged in trying to overthrow the government. See the difference?

I didn't think so.
Open your eyes. :oops:

Except that the Oath Keeper's stated goals do not violate Alaska's State Constitution. This is the actual stated goal of the Oath Keeper's:

Source:

So much for your leftist bullshit.

I realize that anyone who supports the US Constitution is an enemy of the left, since the US Constitution is the left's biggest hurdle to overcome. Which would explain why the left have specifically targeted the Oath Keepers, like they been targeting all conservative organizations seeking to uphold the US Constitution since the Obama administration weaponized the federal government against everyone who disagrees with the criminal leftist filth.

The Oaf Keepers actions speak louder than their words. They are seditious filth.

That is correct, and therein is the problem. The Oath Keepers have never advocated for the overthrow of the US government or of any State. I posted the publicly stated goal of the Oath Keepers above, and it is to preserve the US Constitution to which their entire membership have taken oaths to uphold - hence the name of their organization.

And in reality Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and Florida chapter leader Kelly Meggs have been found guilty of sedition. Joseph Hackett, Roberto Minuta (New York leader of OK), David Moerschel and Edward Vallejo are currently being tried on the same charges.

Jason Dolan, an OK member that has plead guilty, has testified that he packed his car with weapons and he made it clear in further testimony that members of the extremist group intended to keep Donald Trump in power by intimidating Congress.

Michael Adams, a former leader of the Florida Oath Keepers, testified that he quit the group because of Rhodes’ rhetoric after the 2020 election. He pointed to letters that Rhodes addressed to Trump warning that if he failed to do his duty they would, like the founding fathers, have to take matters into their own hands to fight for liberty.

These actions were seen as a fulfillment of their pledge to protect and uphold the Constitution.

So, they pledge to protect and uphold the Constitution. The one time they plan, rally and execute this pledge they violently storm the US Capitol during its lawful execution of its duties.

I am unaware of any steps by Eastman to disavow the Oath Keepers. I do believe that people can have a genuine change of political philosophy, but Eastman seems to be OK with where he is at.

Many states do not allow felons to run for office based on arguments of moral turpitude. This same concern should be applied to the Oath Keepers based on their actions of January 6th.

Again, if the section of the Alaska Constitution that applies is deemed constitutional at the federal level, it is up to the judge to decide the issue.

Alaska should fix their stupid constitution. And he is not being singled out for simply being conservative, but for his connection, whatever it is, to the Oaf Keepers, and how their stated goals violate Alaska’s stupid constitution. States rights are a bitch, aren’t they?
I thought the article made it clear he had connections to the oath keepers. You can't be loyal to them and the constitution.

Source:

So much for your leftist bullshit.

I realize that anyone who supports the US Constitution is an enemy of the left, since the US Constitution is the left's biggest hurdle to overcome. Which would explain why the left have specifically targeted the Oath Keepers, like they been targeting all conservative organizations seeking to uphold the US Constitution since the Obama administration weaponized the federal government against everyone who disagrees with the criminal leftist filth.
And cops cars carry the slogan to serve and protect. You can tell me anything, show me. With that in mind...

That is correct, and therein is the problem. The Oath Keepers have never advocated for the overthrow of the US government or of any State. I posted the publicly stated goal of the Oath Keepers above, and it is to preserve the US Constitution to which their entire membership have taken oaths to uphold - hence the name of their organization.
Lol, and the gop keeps telling us they are the big tent party. Why do you believe everything you read when it is in direct opposition of what you see?

So you have absolutely nothing to contribute, as usual. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:
Just a question

Why do you always promote fake news and cite conspiracy and propaganda sources?

Don't you know how to distinguish fact from fiction?

Source:

****er belongs to an organization dedicated to overthrowing the government he supposedly represents.

That's not freedom of speech, it's conflict of interest.

Throw the traitor out.

Is that why they are in prison for sedition?

Back
Top Bottom