• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Alaska, The First Amendment Is On Trial As The Left Tries To Punish Speech

How exactly does it violate the Alaska State Constitution? The Oath Keepers all swear oaths to uphold the US Constitution. Which is how the organization got its name.
Alaska’s constitution prohibits anyone “who advocates, or who aids or belongs to any party or organization or association which advocates, the overthrow by force or violence of the government of the United States or of the State” from holding public office.

Eastman has admitted to being a “life member” of a group known as the Oath Keepers.

The ADN is not a "real source." It is a leftist piece of shit rag run by San Fransisco leftist filth. Half of their leftist propagandists don't even live in the State they are suppose to be writing about.

With regard to your bullshit mischaracterization of the ethics complaint against Eastman, he revealed that an ethics complaint had been lodged against Rep. Gabrielle LeDoux to reporters - that is it. Ethics complaints in Alaska, for very obvious reasons, are kept confidential. He was removed from his committee seat for that violation in 2017.

You cannot use the Federalist as a source and then complain that other sources are biased. That is hypocrisy of the highest order.
He is not disqualified from holding office, since the publicly stated goals of the Oath Keepers are to uphold the US Constitution that they all took oaths to protect. The leftist piece of shit judge needs to be impeached and disbarred for judicial misconduct for intentionally violating Eastman's First Amendment rights.
That is up for the court to decide, not you nor I,

Source:

For those who wish to know more about David Eastman, the following links are to his personal website, and his Alaska State Legislature website:

There would certainly appear to be judicial misconduct if the case was given merit based upon Eastman's individual right to freely associate with whomever he pleases. The case began on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. I do not have the details yet on how it is proceeding. I will post to this thread when that information becomes available.
The only body that can violate the First Amendment is Congress. It's a single sentence that starts, "Congress shall make no law..."

Source:

For those who wish to know more about David Eastman, the following links are to his personal website, and his Alaska State Legislature website:

There would certainly appear to be judicial misconduct if the case was given merit based upon Eastman's individual right to freely associate with whomever he pleases. The case began on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. I do not have the details yet on how it is proceeding. I will post to this thread when that information becomes available.
Membership in the Oathkeepers (whose leader has been convicted of seditious conspiracy) is problematic. You can be an Oathkeeper, but you can't take the oath of office if you are a member. Freedom of speech and assembly have consequences beyond the individual.

Except that the Oath Keeper's stated goals do not violate Alaska's State Constitution. This is the actual stated goal of the Oath Keeper's:
The Oath Keepers USA are a group of proud American Patriots who are dedicated to upholding the constitution of the United States.

@Glitch, handsome is as handsome does. Sorry, but the Oath Keepers showed their true colors on Jan 6 2023.
Perhaps you could dig up the stated goal of the Nazi Party or the Students for a Democratic Society and we could see what crap stated goals are?

That is correct. You cannot be a member of the Alaska State Legislature if you either advocate for the overthrow of the US, or any State, or are a member of an organization that advocates the overthrow of the US, or any State.

A lifetime membership with the Oath Keepers - whose publicly stated goals are to uphold the US Constitution which they have all sworn oaths to protect - does not meet those requirements.
Publicly stated goals are not always the truth.

The events on Jan 6 2021 indicate that their goal is in fact to do the opposite.

That seems to be what this case is trying to determine, in part.

Source:

So very sad. Right wing scumbag is being held responsible. A real tragedy in the making.

The only body that can violate the First Amendment is Congress. It's a single sentence that starts, "Congress shall make no law..."
Sure, but one of those other amendments extended those rules to states.

I think?

Perhaps you could dig up the stated goal of the Nazi Party or the Students for a Democratic Society and we could see what crap stated goals are?
Why would I do that? Knock yourself out!

Funny....

You guys want us to dismiss the connection between the Oath Keepers and Eastman because you think it is wrong to make a claim of guilt of association....yet that is exactly what you guys did to Obama because he happened to be on the same board as a former Weatherman.

And they will use lameass arguments in an attempt to further the commie agenda. Pretty standard MO for them.
The communist agenda is the abolition of currency and wealth, with the idea that labor will provide for everything. Basically, in theory, communism basically says that if you are willing to provide the labor and skills that you possess, you will get out what you put in. Put in a little, you get little, you put in a lot, you get a lot. Since there is no currency once communism is achieved, the people will provide for those who are willing to help provide for others with labor instead of currency/wealth. In communism...there are no freebies.

Now, you and I both know that it won't work and will cause more harm than good.

However, the reason why I am pointing out the core tenet of communism....is to point out that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about when you and others start making the "commie" comments. And there is a very simple reason why I say that...

We Democrats like money. We have no problem with being wealthy. Income is good. Capitalism does generate currency and wealth...which we like. So...calling us commies just goes to show everyone how out of touch you are.

Source:

Wasilla? ............. Oh, right ............... move along, nothing to see here folks, just the usual Valley Trash.

So this is a peculiar part of the Alaskan Constitution that forbids elected representatives to be part of groups that tries to violently overthrow the government. So the question will come down to: is Eastman a part of the Oath Keepers, or not.

No, they are not, but I understand that is what the Democrat sycophants and leftist propagandists in the media are trying to push. It is both a freedom of speech and a freedom of association issue.
Ahhh how MAGA loves 'alternate' facts... :rolleyes:

Fact- The CONSERVATIVES in CONSERVATIVE Alaska wrote the loyalty clause in their STATE constitution. The Rabid Right LOVES loyalty clauses/pledges. In 2019 Sen. Graham wanted that for the Senate for tRUMP.... :unsure:

The Oath Keepers violated their pledge and Eastman refused to disavow them. The issue isn't 'free association' but violating the State Constitution. I'll wager a shiny nickel the numbnutt conservatives never thought their favorite act- pledges or oaths of loyalty would bite them in the ass... :sneaky:

MAGAs hoisted on their own petard... ✌️

In Alaska, The First Amendment Is On Trial As The Left Tries To Punish Speech​

Peh former pigs more like. Got angry they cant groom German shepherds to bite off the faces of people they dont like. Tinpot tyrant wannabes. Why the **** dont they get harassed at gunpoint every day? White privilege. Its only minorities that have to fear being lynched, stalked, and tormented in murica. What a gawd awful country.

It's always easier to admit you are incorrect when you do the work yourself.

Source:

What a whiny, idiotic, embarrassing article.

It claims the left is trying to make him ineligible for office "because he is a conservative".

Damn that is stupid. There are lost of conservative officials and candidates sin Alaska. And his actions that are targeted have nothing to do wit conservatism.

That article is written by a paid liar who wants to fool gullible, ignorant people into thinking conservatives is the target of oppression.

This thread shows why he gets paid to do it.

It's always easier to admit you are incorrect when you do the work yourself.
Incorrect about what? I was quoting Glitch in that post.

Incorrect about what? I was quoting Glitch in that post.
Really?

As a followup:

AK judge to allow election certification of Rep. David Eastman

An Alaska judge said Wednesday he would lift an order that had blocked elections officials from certifying Rep. David Eastman as the winner of his state House race after ruling last month that Eastman, who is a member of the far-right group Oath Keepers, is eligible to hold the seat.

Superior Court Judge Jack McKenna made the comments during a brief hearing, a day after the plaintiff in the case challenging Eastman's eligibility filed notice that he would not appeal McKenna's December ruling that found that Eastman is not disqualified from holding office.

Back
Top Bottom