• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In Alabama, Eggs are now People

A fertilized egg being considered a person, is no more ridiculous than someone believing a late term abortion isn't murdering a child.

So if there's a power failure at an IVF clinic, who's charged with mass murder?

A fertilized egg being considered a person, is no more ridiculous than someone believing a late term abortion isn't murdering a child.

LMAO well facts prove its not
actually facts prove abortion =/= murder

but PLEASE keep posting that as many times as possible so topically educated, honestest and objective people left, right, center pro choice and pro life can all laugh at it.

Wait until they all start claiming those eggs as dependants on their tax returns. The next great tax loophole = eggs! :2razz:

Kind of strange considering they don't have a face, brain, legs, arms, body, or anything else that actual people have.

They have a soul...

What the **** is a "soul"? Can you objectively define it or prove it even exists?

A Soul is the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

A Soul is the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

And you think our laws should be based on this thing you believe in but there is zero evidence of any kind to support? Can I craft laws around my belief in the goglizer? A mystical film that covers all things and gives it life energy.

And you think our laws should be based on this thing you believe in but there is zero evidence of any kind to support? Can I craft laws around my belief in the goglizer? A mystical film that covers all things and gives it life energy.

A Soul is a fact... you have one despite your refusal to accept it.

A soul is not a fact as you can not show one shred of evidence that it even exists. Your spiritual and religious views are completely irrelevant on matters of law.

Most law is based off of the morals of religion...

What does the soul do in a single cell? Do other single-cells have souls? Does each cell in a person have its own soul, or do they share?

Straw Man...

Most law is based off of the morals of religion...

Most laws and religions are methods of controlling society. Ensuring that the society in which the law or religion is based can function. Rampant murder and theft would typically lead to societal collapse. As societies became more complex, so did the religions and laws

Both were created by people, written by people, and run by people.

Back
Top Bottom