• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In 2016, how many GOP Senators said no vote on Court candidate if close to to the 2020 election?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We now know for sure that many of the so called GOP Senators are just plain liars. No matter what they say to try and cover themselves, they have lied about filling court positions close to an election and now how can you believe anything they say in the future on any subject? Can you name a few, I will start with Lindsey Graham who said it several times after holding up the Obama candidate, both at the hearings and on a talking head show. I think he now says it is different. Then there is Ted Cruz, who now says we need to have a full court because of the upcoming election. Gee, weren't we about to have a very controversial election in 2016 with Trump constantly saying the election was rigged? I will not even go into Moscow Mitch who made up the new precedent as both he and Graham called it. I guess it is a precedent for the Dems but not for the GOP. How many more of these liars can you mention, there are more?

Lying and changing ones mind are two different things

Libs know that but they're hoping their audience does not

We now know for sure that many of the so called GOP Senators are just plain liars. No matter what they say to try and cover themselves, they have lied about filling court positions close to an election and now how can you believe anything they say in the future on any subject? Can you name a few, I will start with Lindsey Graham who said it several times after holding up the Obama candidate, both at the hearings and on a talking head show. I think he now says it is different. Then there is Ted Cruz, who now says we need to have a full court because of the upcoming election. Gee, weren't we about to have a very controversial election in 2016 with Trump constantly saying the election was rigged? I will not even go into Moscow Mitch who made up the new precedent as both he and Graham called it. I guess it is a precedent for the Dems but not for the GOP. How many more of these liars can you mention, there are more?

Practically all of them. I've seen enough quotes to say that.

There may or may not be a few, likely 3 or fewer, who did not. No doubt Collins was 'concerned'. If you just google, you'll see many quotes.

Back
Top Bottom