• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IMUS In The Morning Show

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I've either watched Don Imus on the Fox Business Network or listened to him on NBC radio for more years than I care to mention. I'm gonna take a break. I'm tired of listening to him refer to the president of the United States as Dumbo or Idiot. Every time he does it I'm reminded of his remark "nappy-headed hos" when referring to the champion Rutgers women's basketball team. He tries to pretend otherwise but I'm afraid lately his cowboy mentality has taken over his good sense. Either that or he's having flashbacks to his cocaine and acid days.

I realize how much difference one fan can make, about the same as a fart in a 1000 gallon septic tank but a world wide movement including billions started with one bled dead Jew on a pole so who can say?

Last edited:
Can anyone argue Obama is anything other than a "dumbo," though? Who is better off? Maybe the rich are hurting worse than we are, maybe not, but we are unquestionably hurting from this "dumbo's" policies. If he took from the rich, he certainly hasn't given to the poor. Who thinks stealing is a good policy, anyway? This president shows signs of mental retardation. I'd ask to see his school records or SAT-scores, if they weren't guarded as a state secret. No, he's hiding them, because he was let into college after college as a "special" student. Proof they could educate a moron, dope-head to the highest echelon. Proof that anyone they select can achieve. But he hasn't achieved. He's only made our lives worse for the experience. So, let's stop experimenting and select people who made it on the merits. People like Ted Cruz. Look at Texas success. Top performers in the nation. Cruz can bring prosperity and we need prosperity.

Can anyone argue Obama is anything other than a "dumbo," though? Who is better off? Maybe the rich are hurting worse than we are, maybe not, but we are unquestionably hurting from this "dumbo's" policies. If he took from the rich, he certainly hasn't given to the poor. Who thinks stealing is a good policy, anyway? This president shows signs of mental retardation. I'd ask to see his school records or SAT-scores, if they weren't guarded as a state secret. No, he's hiding them, because he was let into college after college as a "special" student. Proof they could educate a moron, dope-head to the highest echelon. Proof that anyone they select can achieve. But he hasn't achieved. He's only made our lives worse for the experience. So, let's stop experimenting and select people who made it on the merits. People like Ted Cruz. Look at Texas success. Top performers in the nation. Cruz can bring prosperity and we need prosperity.

You folks keep conveniently forgetting that the president assumed a mess worse than FDR did after the crash in 1930. Jobs were being lost by 750.000 Americans each month. While George Bush, after doubling the national debt was handing nearly a trillion dollars to the most powerful financial institutions in the history of the world ordinary American workers were being ****ed by the system.....you just don't get it do you?

Oh! I might mention that Hoover and the banks caused the same kind of mess that Bush and the banks did 78 years later. It took FDR eight years and a world war to straighten out that mess. Give the president a chance.

Last edited:
Interest rates low, unemployment low. "Worse than the great depression," is a myth. Bush gave Obama almost a $T to spend however he wanted. A $T could have bought every questionable mortgage at the time. Obama went on to extend that $T into each of the next four year's budgets by refusing to allow budgets to be passed and operating on CR's. Instead, he brought us another entitlement. Catastrophic health care plans averaged $70 per month ($5k deductible) at the time, but Obama wasn't happy with that. He insisted everybody get a plan that only pays 60%, but costs five-times as much monthly. What good is 60% on a $120k emergency appendectomy? Needless to say, Obama's economy tanked and he still wants to blame it on Bush? If that isn't the definition of a "dumbo," I don't know what is?

I never particularly liked the guy or spent much time listening to him but I'm thinking I may have been selling him short. If you're hating on him, Campbell, he can't be all wrong or all bad.

Catastrophic health care plans averaged $70 per month ($5k deductible) at the time, but Obama wasn't happy with that. He insisted everybody get a plan that only pays 60%, but costs five-times as much monthly.

The only place catastrophic healthcare plans may have averaged $70 per month is in some galaxy far, far away.

You folks keep conveniently forgetting that the president assumed a mess worse than FDR did after the crash in 1930. Jobs were being lost by 750.000 Americans each month. While George Bush, after doubling the national debt was handing nearly a trillion dollars to the most powerful financial institutions in the history of the world ordinary American workers were being ****ed by the system.....you just don't get it do you?

Oh! I might mention that Hoover and the banks caused the same kind of mess that Bush and the banks did 78 years later. It took FDR eight years and a world war to straighten out that mess. Give the president a chance.
Dood wasnt hired to whine about how hard a job is. He wasnt hired to make excuses. He was hired to be president and lead a country. He has been in charge for 5 years and he has been an utter failure at every level. Look...he was elected for one reason and one reason alone. He was elected because he was a clean articulate well spoken black man. He wasnt elected for his leadership abiliities or his past successes. He was elected on a platform of smoke and mirrors but in truth, he could have said, "Hey...elect me and I'll double the national debt in less than 5 years, golf my ass off, take my family on fun vacations, and host parties at the white house" and the people that elected him wouldnt have cared. The got the black man they voted for. He was elected with a majority and was able to manage to pass legislation with that majority that none of them bothered to read...legislation so bad that he himself is calling for it to be delayed because he knows how devastating it is going to be. He convened a "Jobs council" that met twice in 4 years. His "energy policy" has consisted in dumping billions of taxpayer dollars into companies owned by campaign contributors that have all failed. He has cost jobs in the viable energy markets. He has no relationship with the oil producing nations. Europe is pissed at him because the only time he opens his mouth about Europe is to scold thema nd tell them to fix their currency. Every place he HAS bothered to engage in the ME is a trainwreck. Libya is on fire, Egypt is a mess, he IGNORED the same kind of uprisings in SA and Bahrain, in Syria he is backing Al Qaida for Gods sake. He ignored their use of chemical weapons only to pounce on the world stage when Assad was alleged to use them, then, he made himself look like a complete moron and has slunk back off stage. He is completely vacant on Afghanistan. The VAST majority of jobs 'created' during his administration have been part time with no benefits. Food stamp and welfare recipients have skyrocketed. Real unemployment continues to be at extraordinarily high levels (thank goodness for people falling off the rolls after expending their benefits, otherwise you would have to still count them). Maybe the most telling stat was 97%. 97% of black voters are reported to have voted for him...even though his presidency has impacted them worse than anyone.

Don Imus' comments on the Rutgers BBall team was maybe the most stupid comment ever made on air. But calling Obama "Dumbo" is an insult to Dumbo.

Back
Top Bottom