• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Impeach Bush? The Dems Just Dont Get It.

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Navy Pride said:
I was reading your post until the end and then your blind hatred for this president came out...........You liberals are being consumed by your hatred......Let me give you some advice.....You really need to seek professional help.....There are some good shrinks out there that can help you deal with your hatred.........Please seek it before its to late my friend.............

Is is not just liberals who despise this President. Don't I have a right and a good reason not to like him. For God's sakes he's playing the role of "King", looking and sounding like a court jester. Thousands of our soliders are risking their lives for this man and his phoney cause. We need to put an end to our flawed policy of Mid East occupation, and bring our troops home!
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Navy Pride said:
I was reading your post until the end and then your blind hatred for this president came out...........You liberals are being consumed by your hatred......Let me give you some advice.....You really need to seek professional help.....There are some good shrinks out there that can help you deal with your hatred.........Please seek it before its to late my friend.............

[Moderator Mode]
:smash:

Navy Pride,

You have been warned repeatedly about the abuse and name-calling you throw at other members of this forum. These actions have a place within this forum...It is called "The Basement"

If you wish to continue this line of abuse, I suggest you take it there.
If you continue to do this on public grounds, action WILL be taken.

[/Moderator Mode]
 
Last edited:

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
danarhea said:
Impeachment, of course, is a politica process, not a criminal one. The Republicans own the House AND the Senate. You would think that if the Democrats had any sense, they would put their time and money into the 2006 and 2008 elections, instead of wasting it all on a pipe dream.

Is it just me, or are the Democrats really that dumb? I dont like Bush either, but while tilting at windmills might be a "feel good" activity, it accomplishes nothing at all except to waste resources instead of using them where they might do some good.

Now I know why the Democrats keep losing elections.

The media is coming down very hard on the president currently. His approval rate is 36% (Nixon was at 39% at the height of the Watergate scandal), and that was pre-Katrina. Apparently, the republicans have been coming down on Bush the past few days as well. I suspect that if he doesn't spin this disaster in to some serious PR, he's going to go down. Espescially, with the gas situation. If there is anything that pisses the american people off it's gas prices. If he doesn't spin things quickly, I would not be surprised to see a motion in the House for his impeachment. Often, it's the mere threat of impeachment that is enough to make an official step down. They would rather save face than endure the disgrace of a long an enduring public trial.
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ban.the.electoral.college said:
The media is coming down very hard on the president currently. His approval rate is 36% (Nixon was at 39% at the height of the Watergate scandal), and that was pre-Katrina. Apparently, the republicans have been coming down on Bush the past few days as well. I suspect that if he doesn't spin this disaster in to some serious PR, he's going to go down. Espescially, with the gas situation. If there is anything that pisses the american people off it's gas prices. If he doesn't spin things quickly, I would not be surprised to see a motion in the House for his impeachment. Often, it's the mere threat of impeachment that is enough to make an official step down. They would rather save face than endure the disgrace of a long an enduring public trial.

Yea, It's just like the GOP to impeach Clinton for lying about a blowjob, George Bush is resposible for almost 2,000 US soliders dead, and 30,000 Iraqi civilians, IMO, the question of impeachment is a no-brainer.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
kal-el said:
Yea, It's just like the GOP to impeach Clinton for lying about a blowjob, George Bush is resposible for almost 2,000 US soliders dead, and 30,000 Iraqi civilians, IMO, the question of impeachment is a no-brainer.

You would think. One can only hope. My only fear is that impeaching Bush may not solve all that much. I mean, he is a man. I pity him for being in the hot seat. But then again... If you can't stand tha heat, get out'da KITCHEN!!!
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ban.the.electoral.college said:
You would think. One can only hope. My only fear is that impeaching Bush may not solve all that much. I mean, he is a man. I pity him for being in the hot seat. But then again... If you can't stand tha heat, get out'da KITCHEN!!!

Yea, IMO it will solve alot. Sure,Cheney will step in the hot seat and continue this flawed policy, but the GOP, and Cheney's inner circle will be really cautious of their actions then.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
kal-el said:
Yea, IMO it will solve alot. Sure,Cheney will step in the hot seat and continue this flawed policy, but the GOP, and Cheney's inner circle will be really cautious of their actions then.

That is a great point. And I would like to think it would send a messege to the powers that back these presidents and to the people seeking the hot seat, that they better shape up or the people are going to remind them who they are working for!
 

KevinWan

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
kal-el said:
Yea, IMO it will solve alot. Sure,Cheney will step in the hot seat and continue this flawed policy, but the GOP, and Cheney's inner circle will be really cautious of their actions then.

I always though impeachment was based on "high crimes and misdemeanors..." I think impeaching the President simply for political motive is wrong. The president may be unpopular, etc. but thats simply not legitimate reason for impeachment. If he kills, rapes, steals etc. then fine.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
KevinWan said:
I always though impeachment was based on "high crimes and misdemeanors..." I think impeaching the President simply for political motive is wrong. The president may be unpopular, etc. but thats simply not legitimate reason for impeachment. If he kills, rapes, steals etc. then fine.

Or lies under oath to a Federal Grand Jury....

It really annoys me that the "Bill Clinton got impeached by the House because he got a BJ" crap stuck to the wall...

It's the farthest thing from the truth...
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,602
Reaction score
26,256
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
cnredd said:
Or lies under oath to a Federal Grand Jury....

It really annoys me that the "Bill Clinton got impeached by the House because he got a BJ" crap stuck to the wall...

It's the farthest thing from the truth...

The Republicans did manipulate Clinton into that position, but that is no excuse. They didnt put a gun to Clinton's head. Clinton committed a crime.
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
KevinWan said:
I always though impeachment was based on "high crimes and misdemeanors..." I think impeaching the President simply for political motive is wrong. The president may be unpopular, etc. but thats simply not legitimate reason for impeachment. If he kills, rapes, steals etc. then fine.

Kills? What do you call sending our soldiers overseas to put their life on the line for absolutely nothing? Let's see Clinton lied, Bush killed, There's no choice there, Bush, if anything, should be impeached.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KevinWan said:
I always though impeachment was based on "high crimes and misdemeanors..." I think impeaching the President simply for political motive is wrong. The president may be unpopular, etc. but thats simply not legitimate reason for impeachment. If he kills, rapes, steals etc. then fine.

Mis-construing evidence before congress is considered a highly illegal, and grounds for impeachment. That's what he did when he presented Iraq as an imminant threat to the U.S., before Congress.
 
S

Slick Bushy

It seems weird that the Dems focus attention on Bush but Bush is the antithesis of everything that is good in America so the emphasis always falls back into his lap. Laziness, arrogance, ignorance and stupidity, aloofness, spoiled, self-righteous. and the worst: a divine right attitude directed from the Christian God who I myself worship. He uses God as an excuse to NOT do his job. I don't let God do everything for me like Bush thinks. I make decisions for myself like God wants.

Problem is what the dems have to offer is just as bad but even still Impeachment would be the best course of action. I think even Chenny would be a little better and jut that much is something.
Then from that we can get away from the Kerrys, Clintons, etc. and move on to the Baraq Obamas and the McCains and Shwarzeneggers who actually get the job done and don't mess with the people.

I think Bush will be impeached for the abhorrent mishandling and fueling/stoking of this disaster as well as for the illegal immigrant and border security situation. Also for the aftermath of disease that he is not monitoring. There s no doubt about it. He isn't even checking people for diseases as they leave the state. We will all be affected.
 
Last edited:

KevinWan

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
kal-el said:
Kills? What do you call sending our soldiers overseas to put their life on the line for absolutely nothing? Let's see Clinton lied, Bush killed, There's no choice there, Bush, if anything, should be impeached.

Wow... I must be psychic... I absolutley knew some liberal would bring this one up. The intelligence lied to the President, the President did not deliberately lie. Sending troops off to war is actually a Presidential obligation as Commander in Chief. Impeaching the President for using some of his available powers is absurd.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KevinWan said:
Wow... I must be psychic... I absolutley knew some liberal would bring this one up. The intelligence lied to the President, the President did not deliberately lie. Sending troops off to war is actually a Presidential obligation as Commander in Chief. Impeaching the President for using some of his available powers is absurd.


"... you’ve probably found yourself wondering how in the world could George W. Bush preemptively invade and occupy another country that was not an imminent threat to the United States, based on a heap of lies. Shouldn’t such an action that has killed and injured thousands of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians be an impeachable offense and treated as a high crime? ..." SOURCE
 

KevinWan

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
ban.the.electoral.college said:
"... you’ve probably found yourself wondering how in the world could George W. Bush preemptively invade and occupy another country that was not an imminent threat to the United States, based on a heap of lies. Shouldn’t such an action that has killed and injured thousands of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians be an impeachable offense and treated as a high crime? ..." SOURCE

No, it should not be an impeachable offense. Pre-emtive war is not unconsitutional or illegal by US law.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
danarhea said:
Impeachment, of course, is a politica process, not a criminal one. The Republicans own the House AND the Senate. You would think that if the Democrats had any sense, they would put their time and money into the 2006 and 2008 elections, instead of wasting it all on a pipe dream.

Is it just me, or are the Democrats really that dumb? I dont like Bush either, but while tilting at windmills might be a "feel good" activity, it accomplishes nothing at all except to waste resources instead of using them where they might do some good.

Now I know why the Democrats keep losing elections.

It only takes one representative from the house to begin the impeachment process. And you're right, the Democrats do not have a lot of sense, nor backbone. That's why they are resting on their rears when it comes to impeachment.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
KevinWan said:
No, it should not be an impeachable offense. Pre-emtive war is not unconsitutional or illegal by US law.

Actually, Pre-emptive war is illegal as defined by The U.S. Constitution and U.S. Federal Law with respect to the U.N. and Nuremberg Charter:

USC A4P2: Treaties adopted by the U.S. are the "law of the land". Thus, a breach of the U.N. Charter, Hague IV, Geneva Conventions, and Federal Law.

U.S. Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 2441, War Crimes Act of 1996: Makes committing war crimes illegal, defined as "a grave breach in any of the int'l conventions signed at Geneva 12, August 1949 or ANY convention to which the U.S. is a party...", punishable by fine, imprisonment or death.

We are signatories and party to the following treaties and charters which define wars of aggression as 1) a war crime 2) crime against peace 3) and crime against humanity:

1. Hague IV, Laws and customes of war on land
2. UN Genral Assembly Res. 3314

Defines the crime of aggression as “... the use of armed force by a State against the sovereignty, territorial integrity or political independence of another State…or in any other manner inconsistent with the Charter of the United Nations…”

3. Nuremberg Tribunal Charter

Principle VI: “The crimes hereinafter set out are punishable as crimes under international law:

(a) Crimes against peace: Planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties;
(b) War crimes: …murder, ill-treatment…of civilian population of or in occupied territory; murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war,…plunder of public or private property, wanton destruction of cities, towns, or villages…
(c) Crimes against humanity: Murder, extermination…and other inhuman acts done against any civilian population…when such acts are done…in execution of or in connection with any crime against peace or any war crime.”

4. Geneva Conventions
 

dragonslayer

Counselor
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
139
Location
Pacific Northwest, Oregon
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
cnredd said:
Or lies under oath to a Federal Grand Jury....

It really annoys me that the "Bill Clinton got impeached by the House because he got a BJ" crap stuck to the wall...

It's the farthest thing from the truth...

It was ploy to discredit clinton. He did tell a grand jury that he did not have sex with that woman, and later gave public apology and retracted. He admitted to having sex with that woman.

Bush is the greatest liar in the 21st Century, and it is an automatic that if he was given the chance. he would lie to a grand jury. Bush and Cheney lie everytime they give a speech.
We all know that he lied to get us into Bush's War of aggression against Iraq.

I don't want Bush impeached. I don't want Cheney as King.
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
dragonslayer said:
I don't want Bush impeached. I don't want Cheney as King.

I don't know, I would rather have Cheney as Pres for what 2.5 yrs? To get that piece of **** out of office, I'd be willing to deal with Cheney. Aftar all, how much worse can he be? Bush isn't a tough act to follow.
 

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
998
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland, U.S.A.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
kal-el said:
I don't know, I would rather have Cheney as Pres for what 2.5 yrs? To get that piece of **** out of office, I'd be willing to deal with Cheney. Aftar all, how much worse can he be? Bush isn't a tough act to follow.

I don't think the Bush administration's goals would change any if Bush were to be impeached. However, I think it would be very difficult for Cheney to get any more rotten policies accomplished. And it would definitely send a clear messege to all president hopefulls to get their act together.
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ban.the.electoral.college said:
I don't think the Bush administration's goals would change any if Bush were to be impeached. However, I think it would be very difficult for Cheney to get any more rotten policies accomplished. And it would definitely send a clear messege to all president hopefulls to get their act together.

Yes, if he were impeached, you can surely bet that all of the GOP's, not to mention, Cheney's actions would be placed under a ****ing microscope.
 

dragonslayer

Counselor
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
139
Location
Pacific Northwest, Oregon
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
kal-el said:
I don't know, I would rather have Cheney as Pres for what 2.5 yrs? To get that piece of **** out of office, I'd be willing to deal with Cheney. Aftar all, how much worse can he be? Bush isn't a tough act to follow.


you have point. I will think about it.
 

XShipRider

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
danarhea said:
The Dems can never win my vote. My hope is for the real Conservatives in the GOP to kick the Bushneviks out and take back the party.

Agreed. GW has become a Democrat in Republican drag. He's spending
money like there is no tomorrow.Does he know something?
 

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
XShipRider said:
Agreed. GW has become a Democrat in Republican drag. He's spending
money like there is no tomorrow.Does he know something?

Yea ok. You have a point, he is spending money like a ****ing drunken sailor, and evidently, he has no problem borrowing money till the damn fiscal cows come home, but that's the only things he has in common with Dems. In 2000 he fooled me, as well as alot of Americans by running as a moderate. A day after inaguration, we were in for a rude awakening. And his idiotic campaign slogan of "Compassionate conservative" is totally stupid, and served as a trojan horse to smuggle into the White House the most radical right-wing agenda in decades.
 
Top Bottom