• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Immigration may not be Romney Deal Breaker for Latinos

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'll admit, even I am surprised by these numbers. This is fantastic.

The "Republicans Hate Hispanics" card is going to be played this season. Be interesting to see if it sparks any backlash among hispanics.

Last edited:
I'll admit, even I am surprised by these numbers. This is fantastic.The "Republicans Hate Hispanics" card is going to be played this season. Be interesting to see if it sparks any backlash among hispanics.
O'Really....no backlash? Where is Russel Pearce?

Anytime you want to get into a discussion about SB1070 and the reaction in AZ, especially among Hispanics there, let me know...mkay?

Last edited:
:shrug: I'm not terribly worried about Arizona - the poll was at the national level. Picking out a single sub-demographic that served as an outlier sort of only highlights the weakness of your response.

Last time I checked Obama was beating Romney by about 20 points among hispanics.

According to a recent NBC/WSJ poll (2012/04/19), Obama leads Romney with respect to:
- registered voters, 49 percent to 43 percent
- African Americans (90 percent to 4 percent),
- Latinos (69 percent to 22 percent)
- voters ages 18-34 (60 percent to 34 percent)
- women (53 percent to 41 percent)
- easygoing and likeable (54 percent to 18 percent)
- caring about average people (52 percent to 22 percent)
- dealing with issues of concern to women (49 percent to 21 percent)
- looking out for the middle class (48 percent to 27 percent)
- being knowledgeable and experienced about the presidency (45 percent to 30 percent)
- being a good commander-in-chief (43 percent to 33 percent),
- being consistent and standing up for his beliefs (41 percent to 30 percent)
- being honest and straightforward (37 percent to 30 percent)

The OP's polls are from 04/26/2012 and he should find little comfort in the recent NBC/WSJ Poll (2012/04/19) - Obama leads in the Latino vote (69 percent to 22 percent).

Last edited:
:shrug: I'm not terribly worried about Arizona - the poll was at the national level. Picking out a single sub-demographic that served as an outlier sort of only highlights the weakness of your response.
Funny, I thought you were wanting to talk about the Hispanic reaction to "Arizona's law" (SB 1070)?

If the Hispanics in the state where it originated, who understood better than anyone how it came to be and how it would affect them, are "outliers", then I think you need to rethink your premise. I think it shows the weakness of your argument, they opposed the measure at a greater rate than the national rate since they had much more experience and exposure to it. The rest of the Hispanics will more than likely come to the same conclusion as they learn more about it.

Last edited:
Romney and supporters like "cpwill" will have to go back to their "EZ Sketch" to rethink how to attract the Latino vote.

Too bad public votes don't elect the President.

Romney and supporters like "cpwill" will have to revert back to their "Etch A Sketch" to convince themselves that they can still attract the Latino vote.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…