• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Senators plan to introduce a 'Border Surge' plan that would double the size of the Border Patrol and ensure that 700 miles of fencing is finished on the Southern border.

Read more here: Immigration deal would double size of Border Patrol - Manu Raju and Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

I just want to add that every sovereign country on this planet has the right to guard its borders against unwelcome intrusions and control access to its territory.

This should have been done a long time ago.

I totally support this idea and anyone who knows me, knows that I am not anti-immigrant. My wife is an immigrant (She didn't sneak across the border.).

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited:
Senators plan to introduce a 'Border Surge' plan that would double the size of the Border Patrol and ensure that 700 miles of fencing is finished on the Southern border.

Read more here: Immigration deal would double size of Border Patrol - Manu Raju and Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

I just want to add that every sovereign country on this planet has the right to guard its borders against unwelcome intrusions and control access to its territory.

Immediate laws (with real enforcement) against hiring illegal labor should be more of an issue than future plans for border control. Most illegals are not jumping any fence, they simply enter as tourists, shoppers or students and then stay here. I agree that much better border control is needed, but that is much less effective while maintaining the economic magnet of a steady employment opportunity, little chance of deportation and coupled with automatic birthright citizenship for any offspring.

Immediate laws (with real enforcement) against hiring illegal labor should be more of an issue than future plans for border control. Most illegals are not jumping any fence, they simply enter as tourists, shoppers or students and then stay here. I agree that much better border control is needed, but that is much less effective while maintaining the economic magnet of a steady employment opportunity, little chance of deportation and coupled with automatic birthright citizenship for any offspring.

That is part of the Senators plan. It includes improvements to E-Verify which I also support.

I totally support legal immigration.

But the USA must control who comes into the USA.

That is part of the Senators plan. It includes improvements to E-Verify which I also support.

I totally support legal immigration.

But the USA must control who comes into the USA.

The huge loophole is that E-verify is to be required only for "new" applicants to "large" employers and obviously then not affecting the 11 million currently employed illegals and that the use of bogus IDs is rampant. Most construction companies (that I have worked for) use 1099 forms (not W-2s) to avoid having any "employees" at all - we were all paid as independent contractors thus were not "employees".

The huge loophole is that E-verify is to be required only for "new" applicants to "large" employers and obviously then not affecting the 11 million currently employed illegals and that the use of bogus IDs is rampant. Most construction companies (that I have worked for) use 1099 forms (not W-2s) to avoid having any "employees" at all - we were all paid as independent contractors thus were not "employees".

These are the kind of things that the USA must and can get control of.

I say BS. The fence will never be built unless you build it first and then legalize illegals. That will never happen.

The secure fence act of 2006 was never implemented and this won't be either.

Last edited:
I say BS. The fence will never be built unless you build it first and then legalize illegals. That will never happen.

The secure fence act of 2006 was never implemented and this won't be either.

Passing legislation that provides needed funds makes it at least a little more likely, eh?

Need to find a way to close that loophole. Welcome back by the way. :)

Passing legislation that provides needed funds makes it at least a little more likely, eh?

Lets say by some miracle they don't legalize until the fence is built and the border is secure. I just heard on the news this will take ten years. So for ten years Mexicans will flood across the border because they will be legalized when the fence is finally built. IMO we secure the border first then deport all illegals because then they couldn't just come back like they do now. We have to many Mexicans here now and they are having a deleterious effect on our culture and politics. The influx of immigrants from Mexico is disproportionate to immigration in general and they are bringing their corrupt culture with them. They bring wages down, they bring gang numbers up, they suck social services dry. This must stop and then reverse for the sake of America.

I totally support this idea and anyone who knows me, knows that I am not anti-immigrant. My wife is an immigrant (She didn't sneak across the border.).

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

The irony is that this fence will most likely using contractors who hire illegal aliens as workers. Plus there is no garentee that a fence will deter anyone from trying to cross the border.

Lets say by some miracle they don't legalize until the fence is built and the border is secure. I just heard on the news this will take ten years. So for ten years Mexicans will flood across the border because they will be legalized when the fence is finally built. IMO we secure the border first then deport all illegals because then they couldn't just come back like they do now. We have to many Mexicans here now and they are having a deleterious effect on our culture and politics. The influx of immigrants from Mexico is disproportionate to immigration in general and they are bringing their corrupt culture with them. They bring wages down, they bring gang numbers up, they suck social services dry. This must stop and then reverse for the sake of America.

It is our very prosperity that attracts people to live here. If we were a third world country then no one would want to come here.

700 miles of fence can be built in a lot less than ten years if the right people are doing it.

The irony is that this fence will most likely using contractors who hire illegal aliens as workers. Plus there is no garentee that a fence will deter anyone from trying to cross the border.

The border can be controlled, but not by people with an attitude like yours.

700 miles of fence can be built in a lot less than ten years if the right people are doing it.

The gov will be in charge of this fence and ten years is wildly optimistic. The last time we tried to build one much of it was tied up in court and still is over environmentalist law suits.

The wall is only to help force use of the doors, which are more easily controlled. ;)

The wall is proposed by a group that wants to control us. The far right want to Institute Christian Sharia law. They want to keep us in our place.

The wall is proposed by a group that wants to control us. The far right want to Institute Christian Sharia law. They want to keep us in our place.

Are you kidding me? The right fears U.S. folks fleeing to the wonderful life awaiting us in Mexico?

Back
Top Bottom