• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Immigrants Often Unpaid For Katrina Work

Canuck

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Immigrants Often Unpaid For Katrina Work

POSTED: 11:34 pm EST November 5, 2005
UPDATED: 11:34 pm EST November 5, 2005

GULFPORT, Miss. -- A pattern is emerging as the cleanup of Mississippi's Gulf Coast morphs into its multibillion-dollar reconstruction: Come payday, untold numbers of Hispanic immigrant laborers are being stiffed. Sometimes, the boss simply vanishes. Other workers wait on promises that soon, someone in a complex hierarchy of contractors will provide the funds to pay them.

Nonpayment of wages is a violation of federal labor law, but these workers _ thousands of them, channeled into teams that corral debris, swaddle punctured roofs in blue tarps and gut rain-ravaged homes _ are especially vulnerable because many are here illegally

for the full story go here
http://www.wral.com/apnationalnews/5258205/detail.html

Attachments

• 5258206.jpg
    5258206.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
I do not give two shits about illegals being ****ed on stealing jobs from Americans.The illegals have no right to be here and the companies that do business with them should be fined or their property confiscated.Now the legal Americans should be compensated and have have every right to take these companies to court.

jamesrage said:
I do not give two shits about illegals being ****ed on stealing jobs from Americans.The illegals have no right to be here and the companies that do business with them should be fined or their property confiscated.Now the legal Americans should be compensated and have have every right to take these companies to court.

Nobody owes you or anybody else a job. If you want a job you got to show yourself as an asset to a business. But bussinesses do not owe you or any american a job. If you can make the business more money or you can show them that you are an asset to their survival as a business, then likely, they will be glad to hire you. But a job is something you have to earn and then work hard to keep. I think these immigrants should be paid and if here illegally, after being paid for their work, sent back to Mexico. I don't think it will do much good though, sending them back.

Nobody owes you or anybody else a job. If you want a job you got to show yourself as an asset to a business. But bussinesses do not owe you or any american a job. If you can make the business more money or you can show them that you are an asset to their survival as a business, then likely, they will be glad to hire you. But a job is something you have to earn and then work hard to keep. I think these immigrants should be paid and if here illegally, after being paid for their work, sent back to Mexico. I don't think it will do much good though, sending them back.

The loyalty of Americans should be with America,not some washed up turd world country.I would be glad to work a $10 an hour job.These businesses that hire illegal are nothing more than ****ing traitors who would sell out their country to foriegn invaders because they want to save a few busks.So how about showing some loyalty to your country instead of mexico or some other shithole country.

jamesrage said:
These businesses that hire illegal are nothing more than ****ing traitors who would sell out their country to foriegn invaders because they want to save a few busks.

:confused: Huh? Did Mexico invade the US?

The reason why they want thise bucks, is to make them survive competition longer, ah, the nature of capitalism.

Huh? Did Mexico invade the US?

10,000 illegal aliens a day.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/couriernews/opinions/letters/e28kairis.htm

Doing a little estimation, that means more than 3 million illegal aliens cross the border every year. How many drug runners and other criminals are part of the 10,000 daily invaders? How many of those 10,000 have contagious diseases? No one knows, because there is no will or commitment by our elected officials to find out.

The loyalty of Americans should be with America,not some washed up turd world country.I would be glad to work a $10 an hour job.These businesses that hire illegal are nothing more than ****ing traitors who would sell out their country to foriegn invaders because they want to save a few busks.So how about showing some loyalty to your country instead of mexico or some other shithole country.

sorry, businesses owe loyalty only to themselves, and profit.

sorry, businesses owe loyalty only to themselves, and profit.

Businesses are American first and therefor their loyalty should be with America.

jamesrage said:
Businesses are American first and therefor their loyalty should be with America.

But the problem is that with the current social system, richer people are more loyal to their wealth. And with poorer people, nationalism often keeps them in line.

Back
Top Bottom