• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IMHO, this new format sucks!

Boomyal

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
That's all. Just too hard to wade thru. It smacks of change for change's sake!

Give it a chance, it will likely grow on you. ROFLMAO

I must admit I don't care much for it on first impression.

For starters, they eliminated the ideological identification. I am proud to display mine, others should be proud to display theirs. It helps to know the mindset of someone you are dancing with!

Could we possibly have a skin that is not vomit-inducingly ugly?

Seriously, if those 4 skins are all that are available, I'm probably done with this forum. They are that ****ing ugly.

And why the **** does "Reply to Thread" go to this ****ed up "Quick Reply" window? If i wanted to use the Quick Reply window, I'd click on the ****ing Quick Reply window.

Seriously, if those 4 skins are all that are available, I'm probably done with this forum. They are that ****ing ugly.

And why the **** does "Reply to Thread" go to this ****ed up "Quick Reply" window? If i wanted to use the Quick Reply window, I'd click on the ****ing Quick Reply window.

The only skin that was available originally was the default VB skin. The other 3 came about from people putting a bunch of time and effort into making them, and they are continuing to improve them. Constructive suggestions will get consideration, as work is being done this very minute to improve the appearance of the forum. Just calling it "ugly" is useless.

I don't like that that little window at the bottom of the homepage that shows the last so-many threads to get a reply posted to it is no longer there. That's mostly what I used to look at threads to reply to than go board-by-board.

I don't like that that little window at the bottom of the homepage that shows the last so-many threads to get a reply posted to it is no longer there. That's mostly what I used to look at threads to reply to than go board-by-board.

Vauge commented on this in another thread:

No worries, awaiting until the server completes search re-index before enabling them.

You know...a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into making the forum more secure and give it better functionality. Add to that the fact that software versions expire in their support life and then the upgrade becomes necessary to keep the forum running. If anyone has anything constructive to say, that would be helpful and give the people who are spearheading this project something to work with in the way of tweaks and customizations.

Give it some time, people. There's a lot going on behind the scenes with a huge upgrade like this and a little support and encouragement for the work going into it will go a long way.

It's amusing how adverse most of us are to any change in our habits. I like some of the new features and will learn where the old ones are or their replacements. In short time, this will become second nature too.

Again, very nice job!

Look When I first saw the proposed look, I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. When the site first got back up, today, I still didn't like it. But you know what? As the evening has been progressing, with some minor tweaking, it's looking better and better to me. We all will have to re-learn some of the functions, and get used to the look, but, and there are few people who hate change more than me, I'm starting to like it. Further, vauge and Hugh are putting in TONS of time to make it look better, and to add both some old and new functionality. The rest of us are doing what we can to help out, also. A lot of time has been spent on this upgrade... and much more will be, so that DP can continue to be the premier political debate site on the net.

Give it some time, folks.

It's also worth noting that this is definitely not change just for change's sake. Vauge upgraded the site because of technical changes that are being made to VBulletin's software.

In terms of functionality, we're working on getting all the old features back and adding some more.
In terms of look, we've got several themes and will be continuing to modify them (and maybe even add some more) over time.

....It's amusing how adverse most of us are to any change in our habits. ....

Improvements are good. Change for the sake of change is NO good. We all have enough forced change in our lives to keep us occupied. I say, make any necessary changes behind the scene and let what works, work! Changing colors and placement of icons does not improve our lives!

Not to mention that when there are 4 inches between the title of the post and the quote box, that must be some waste of bandwidth!!

...and once again, what happened to the ideological identification??

Last edited:
Improvements are good. Change for the sake of change is NO good. We all have enough forced change in our lives to keep us occupied. I say, make any necessary changes behind the scene and let what works, work! Changing colors and placement of icons does not improve our lives!

And sometimes a whole group of changes are packaged together... some that you like and some that you don't... but they cannot be separated out.

I went to a friend's house after she redecorated. Everything looked different. As a guest in her home, I didn't make rude comments and complain. I told her it looked nice and later suggested a few tweaks here and there.

Vauge, your house looks very nice. I know you put a lot into it. It will be perfect when the smilies are back. :nails

I went to a friend's house after she redecorated. Everything looked different. As a guest in her home, I didn't make rude comments and complain. I told her it looked nice and later suggested a few tweaks here and there.

Vauge, your house looks very nice. I know you put a lot into it. It will be perfect when the smilies are back. :nails

The smilies are there. Do you need help finding them?

No, I'm fine, thank you. I'll find 'em. I was just making an example with something silly. :)

Just a tip if you care. If you single click on the "Reply to Thread" button it will take you to "Quick Reply".

But if you just double click on the "Reply to Thread" button it will take you to the more traditional window with the icons and the <preview post> button available. :)

Just a tip if you care. If you single click on the "Reply to Thread" button it will take you to "Quick Reply".

But if you just double click on the "Reply to Thread" button it will take you to the more traditional window with the icons and the <preview post> button available. :)

You are correct. Excellent tip.

Oh wow, very cool. Thanks for passing that along.

I don't like the change at all, but I'm not worried. There's a lot of behind the scenes changes that went through, the UI is probably one of the more minor changes in actuality. Once the backend is up and running I'm certain we'll start seeing tweaks to the UI. vauge works hard on this site and is very responsive. I have full faith that before long I'll be hard pressed to find a complaint to make.

So relax. Give this major site overhaul more than a couple of hours before condemning it. Give the admins who run this great site for us free of charge and have the courtesy to listen to our feedback a chance.

awesome

I like it. Get used to it and it works well

The print is too light and hard to read. How did that style become so popular?

Back
Top Bottom