• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IMHO, this new format sucks!

Did you all do something? It looks much better. Easy to read. Thanks!

You know...a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into making the forum more secure and give it better functionality. Add to that the fact that software versions expire in their support life and then the upgrade becomes necessary to keep the forum running. If anyone has anything constructive to say, that would be helpful and give the people who are spearheading this project something to work with in the way of tweaks and customizations.

Give it some time, people. There's a lot going on behind the scenes with a huge upgrade like this and a little support and encouragement for the work going into it will go a long way.

So what's with the giant space at the beginning of each post? Although I deeply appreciate the work of everyone that runs this forum, let's not break out the "a lot of people blah blah blah" too damn early. I don't think saying the colors are ugly is a personal criticism of the forum managers.

Last edited:
Just want to say, I've been through forum updates before. At one site, it was a big visual adjustment, they got all the tweaks out, and it was overall an improvement, although not a huge one. They added bells and whistles that were totally unimportant to me, and I thought the visuals were inferior. But it wasn't a change that interfered with the quality of the site.

At another forum, BeliefNet as a matter of fact, they went from a very inferior primitive software to a really weird and not user friendly vBulletin one. Beliefnet was the first discussion forum for me. I cut my teeth there. Their new software change had a ton of glitches. For instance, you wouldn't stay logged in reliably. It had a ton of stupid bells and whistles. They didn't put a go to last post button. I had hoped that the change to vBulletin would revive the boards, which they had really put a damper on with poor moderating decisions (in the opinion of many people). Anyways, they handled the whole thing very poorly, never fixed anything in spite of designating a place to bring up issues. They never sent a bigwig to respond to issues. I finally gave up on the place. I'll check back rarely to say hi to the few people that are still there on the particular board where I used to post.

My point being, this change is probably for the better, Vauge is very hands on here, they are already making fixes, and you get used to a new visual setup in time. This site has hands on moderating and oversight, the mods are involved and love the site, there's lots of communication that is open and gets a response. You can bring up issues here and you get an answer from someone. Not so everywhere.

Just a tip if you care. If you single click on the "Reply to Thread" button it will take you to "Quick Reply".

But if you just double click on the "Reply to Thread" button it will take you to the more traditional window with the icons and the <preview post> button available.

Woo hoo!! :party:sword::2dancing::bravo::2party:

The only skin that was available originally was the default VB skin. The other 3 came about from people putting a bunch of time and effort into making them, and they are continuing to improve them. Constructive suggestions will get consideration, as work is being done this very minute to improve the appearance of the forum. Just calling it "ugly" is useless.

I've been asking for alternate forum skins for years. I appreciate vB taking the time to make a variety of them and I proffer Green Machine from the list so far. I hope the powers that be know that there are those of us who appreciate our suggestions being listened to effort put into fulfilling them. I hope that the nay-sayers do not drown us out.

Folks had similar complaints when DP went from vanilla to 2.0. Yes it can be frustrating at times. It takes time to get used to changes.

To the complainers out there I would just like to impart some perspective: You had to adjust to the forum when you first started visiting vB forums, and DP specifically, and you did. So to will you adjust to DP3.0.

odd man out I guess. I became a regular here because of the people and the views expressed here. I learned a lot, had my ingrained beliefs challenged, and some even changed as much as 180*. I could care less what the place looks like. Functionality is simply learned over time & will be 2nd nature in no time
so in otherwords STFU if you do not have something constructive to say :)

odd man out I guess. I became a regular here because of the people and the views expressed here. I learned a lot, had my ingrained beliefs challenged, and some even changed as much as 180*. I could care less what the place looks like. Functionality is simply learned over time & will be 2nd nature in no time
so in otherwords STFU if you do not have something constructive to say :)

Spoken like a 2 time Assheimer's Award winner! :lol:

Spoken like a 2 time Assheimer's Award winner! :lol:

I actually thought I was being quite contrary to my Assheimer Status, but i guess that is why I keep getting it LOL

besides, WTF do I know? nothing but pure Kafka

I have to say it took about a day to get use to the new format, but I really like it. And I am sure for security reasons it is even better. People just need to give it a few days and I am sure everyone will come around to it too!

I didn't love the format at first, but after I figured it out I am happy with it. All that really matters is the quality of debate here anyway (to me at least).

Back
Top Bottom