• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IMF sees U.S. economy in 'good shape', too many in poverty

IMF sees U.S. economy in 'good shape', too many in poverty | Reuters

For some reason the IMF sees poverty as a problem. They seem to be advocating universal child care. I wonder why that could be.

Probably to increase participation in the labor force, at least that's what your article says.

What I'm wondering is when the economy is going to go the way of Venezuela. The collapse of the US economy has been predicted for so long, it must be about due. All that gold I have stored in the basement has to have been a good investment in the long run, right?

Probably to increase participation in the labor force, at least that's what your article says.

What I'm wondering is when the economy is going to go the way of Venezuela. The collapse of the US economy has been predicted for so long, it must be about due. All that gold I have stored in the basement has to have been a good investment in the long run, right?

Do you mean the collapse of the USD? Because gold is a pretty useless metal without an economy, unless you are some kind of gold artisan.

Do you mean the collapse of the USD? Because gold is a pretty useless metal without an economy, unless you are some kind of gold artisan.

What? You don't listen to the "buy gold" ads on rant radio? You don't realize that gold will be the one thing that retains value after the Democrats manage to destroy the economy?

What? You don't listen to the "buy gold" ads on rant radio? You don't realize that gold will be the one thing that retains value after the Democrats manage to destroy the economy?

I'm sure that semiconductors will be in high demand among in a barter economy.

I'd like to know how it is measured.

We have 94 million people out of the workforce. We are supporting a significant number of these people with public funds, mostly SS disability, and legitimate SS retirement, the rest of various government and taxpayer funded pensions.

So a "good" economy is also supporting itself, and the government, and the 94 million not in the work force. If our budget was balanced, that is one thing, but it is not. Someone is writing those checks from some magic check book we are all responsible for. And that is just the "people" side of the budget.

I fail to see a good economy here. Good printing presses and nifty economic Ponzi schemes, yes. Good long term economic system, no.

I don't think they aren't measuring this:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

I'm sure that semiconductors will be in high demand among in a barter economy.

I've always thought that stockpiling cigarettes would be a good idea. The addicts won't give up their nicotine if there is any other alternative.

I've always thought that stockpiling cigarettes would be a good idea. The addicts won't give up their nicotine if there is any other alternative.

You should stockpile people who stockpile cigarettes, so you won't run out of stockpiles.

Back
Top Bottom