• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Imagine

BDBoop

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
More true now than ever before, I think.

I wish everybody could just take a break, hear the words and realize how badly we need to just stop with all the intolerance and judging.

:peace

:2wave:

I use to say that without religion we'd be alot more peaceful.

But you know what, we'd find something else to fight about. It's human nature...

RIP Mr. Lennon.

I use to say that without religion we'd be alot more peaceful.

But you know what, we'd find something else to fight about. It's human nature...

RIP Mr. Lennon.

He did address other issues - but we won't get there. All we can do is try.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

God I hate that stupid ****ing song.

Seriously I'm a HUGE Beatles fan, they're practically my favorite band, but that song almost nullifies every good thing Lenon had done previously. It wouldn't be so bad if every mush-brained pretentious music fandom didn't consider it one of the greatest songs ever, above all the actual GOOD Lenon songs. It's not even a good song in itself, it sounds completely whiny, even ignoring the lyrics. Of course the lyrics are total hippie BS, but that just makes a mediocre song worse.

Kind of ironic that a lot of the hippies from that era grew up to be the corporate scum and business elite that are shrinking the middle class, destroying the environment, and contributing to corruption of our governments. Oh well, at least they managed to stop Vietnam.

Wow how can someone hate this song? I feel it is one of the best song ever:)

Wow how can someone hate this song? I feel it is one of the best song ever:)

Inorite!? For awhile here today I was like ... really? Maybe I shouldn't have started the thread.

Kind of ironic that a lot of the hippies from that era grew up to be the corporate scum and business elite that are shrinking the middle class, destroying the environment, and contributing to corruption of our governments. Oh well, at least they managed to stop Vietnam.

True, dat.

I'm with you. Multitudes are with you. But no matter the number, there continues to be those who crave and kill. What to do? What to do? New tactics...

Kind of ironic that a lot of the hippies from that era grew up to be the corporate scum

Those are just the one's from that generation that you see. The others are still out there, nearly powerless.

Inorite!? For awhile here today I was like ... really? Maybe I shouldn't have started the thread.

I am glad you stared this thread and feel the world would be a better place if that song could somehow come true:)

Never feel bad for starting a thread here as someone will always disagree. I am enjoying your posts threads and am very glad you joined DP.

I see nothing ironic about a bunch of potheaded hippie treehugers growing up and realizing that there is a real world that doesn't fit their fantasy one, and that in the real world, you cannot and should not expect people to NOT do what they can for monetary gain, because there is nothing wrong with trying to become as successful as possible, as long as you are not directly harming anyone. Maybe it hapenned when they had kids and families dependent on their own success and making them realize that they're not an island, and their own monetary gain can have a positive effect beyond themselves. Or not. Either way, if something is being indirectly harmed by people who strive for success without directly harming anyone, the system should be changed to fix that. Not the people. Because it is unrealistic to expect them to voluntarily give something up for the indirect, theoretical, and impossible to prove effects of their endeavors, not to mention naive to think of them as immoral for not doing so.

I'm with you. Multitudes are with you. But no matter the number, there continues to be those who crave and kill. What to do? What to do? New tactics...

Yup, that's us. Us craving, killing hippie-haters. You're either with us or against us.

I think they need to write a new song!!!!

Imagine all the money we can make by screwing over others. Its easy if you try. We drink away our conscience while the little people cry.......

Why do people assume the successful have gotten that way by harming others? Isn't that kind if intolerant to make assumptions about one class of people?

Why do people assume the successful have gotten that way by harming others? Isn't that kind if intolerant to make assumptions about one class of people?

of course not, comrade, the bourgeois are evil, and exploit us poor innocent proletariat for their evil plane of world domination.

Back
Top Bottom