• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Imagine Trump Being Damaged Goods to the General Electorate in 2024

correction: MOST American people don't like it when their president willfully lies. 74 million indicated, back in November, that honesty, morality, competence and fitness for office mean very little.....
You are spot on. I stand corrected.

Trump has publicly declared war on the GOP Elites...going so far as to call out Mitch, Murkowsky and others by using no uncertain terms.

If Trump did decide to run, himself, he would win.

This was yesterday...

That's a perfect picture of ELITES!! MEGA ELITES!!!! All for (S/I/T) Trump. One has to wonder how much more voters can take of these GOP and Trump Party ELITES by '24?

The Republican rank and file are not just poor people.

The GOP Elites are the politicians who's only concern is serving their big money donors and lobbyists...the ones who put them in power.
Trump did well by tho$e who placed him into power. He's still extracting their money as we type.

That's a perfect picture of ELITES!! MEGA ELITES!!!! All for (S/I/T) Trump. One has to wonder how much more voters can take of these GOP and Trump Party ELITES by '24?
Having money doesn't make one a Party Elite.

Having money doesn't make one a Party Elite.
Will expensive toys and servants along with huge money/assets make the grade?

He will run again. Republicans had a huge chance to distance themselves from the cult of Trump and blew it. He will be nominated again.

Like the amount of people that thought this was over when trump was voted out is rather surprising.

Thanks for the reply. I never understood the attraction to "originalists" on the court. The nation grows and changes as we learn and gain perspective as a country through time. I mean, would you be a better judge when you were age 9, or the present day?
Originalist justices are a figment of the imagination. They are originalists only in the area they have interests in. If the founders wanted originalists on the court they wouldn't have included Article 5.

The Republican rank and file are not just poor people.

The GOP Elites are the politicians who's only concern is serving their big money donors and lobbyists...the ones who put them in power.
You mean like giving them tax cuts? Didn't Trump do that? He cut his own taxes too. I guess you didn't notice. Funny how that happens.

You mean like giving them tax cuts? Didn't Trump do that? He cut his own taxes too. I guess you didn't notice. Funny how that happens.
Trump cut everyone's taxes.

Unfortunately, not very impressive.

Now, as Americans finish filing to the IRS for the first time under the new system, the law has swelled the deficit and surveys show just one-fifth of taxpayers believe their taxes have gone down.
So...the complaint isn't "giving the rich a tax cut". It's "didn't give enough of a tax cut".

Make up your mind.

Trump is right now creating a shadow GOP. This organization currently has about as much in its coffers $85 million as the RNC.

I think Trump will look for someone to run in his stead in '24 and do his bidding. Someone like DeSantis.

Such strategies don't always go as planned. Look at Jimmy Hoffa and Fitzsimmons.

Trump cut everyone's taxes.
Not everyone's. And mostly for the vastly wealthy. Reducing taxes by one or two dollars a month isn't much of a benefit.

What mistakes has Trump made?

How should each mistake be handled, in terms of winning in 2024?

Badmouthing Mike Pence is a mistake. Trump should have focussed on members of Congress to reverse his Presidential election vote losses, instead of organizing a riot at the Capitol. Pence was willing to count the votes for Trump, if Trump could produce the Congressmen, for the states needing to be reversed.

Trump is a bad loser.

//

He has a basketful of legal problems ahead of him. Let's get past that first.

Back
Top Bottom