• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Imagine it is the year 2076...

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ok everyone, imagine it is the year 2076.

The leading candidate for president is a robot, who is fully self aware, and went to Harvard. And also happens to look like Tom Cruise and is a scientologist.

Would you vote for this guy as President? Why or why not?

No way in Hell will I ever vote for a Scientologist.

I got no problem with the whole Havard-robot-scientologist thing, but it's that 'self-aware' part that spoils it for me. Sentience is the first step on the road to corruption.

Scientology is a dangerous cult, so probably not.

Befuddled_Stoner said:
but it's that 'self-aware' part that spoils it for me. Sentience is the first step on the road to corruption.

So you're happy with your current Prez?

Unless we rewrote the contitution he would have to be sent to the scrap heap. Sorry but he doesn't qualify for the presidential job title..LOL

George_Washington said:

The leading candidate for president is a robot, who is fully self aware, and went to Harvard. And also happens to look like Tom Cruise and is a scientologist.

So many questions in order to make an informed decision:

Is the robot running on a campaign of emancipation for toaster ovens?

Did it receive it's diploma from Harvard only because the scientist who made it could have anybody at the university killed simply by placing a phone call to one of his former work associates?

Does it really have to be so d@mn pretty and if so, does it also come with a bipolar disorder leading it to act as if it's been popping bennies like they were peanuts?

Is it made of steeel, and if so, won't it break too many couches while jumping on them during interviews by cyborg talk show hosteses?

And of course, the most important qustion: Is it fully functional, and does it know to keep its robototic phallange model PS6 1/2 J inside it's frontal access carapice when in the company of internabots?

Calm2Chaos said:
Unless we rewrote the contitution he would have to be sent to the scrap heap. Sorry but he doesn't qualify for the presidential job title..LOL

Methinks it'll be impossible/meaningless to distinguish "human" from "robot" long before 2076...

Kandahar said:
Methinks it'll be impossible/meaningless to distinguish "human" from "robot" long before 2076...

Fine...LOL

George_Washington said:

Couldn't happen due to the fact that the Constitution stipulates that to become President one has to have been born in the United States. As the robot was not born anywhere he can not become President. And besides it was probably made in China, those sneaky little bastards!

"Imagine it is the year 2076"

NO, NO, NO cause I'll be dead!

Korimyr the Rat said:
No way in Hell will I ever vote for a Scientologist.

hahahahaha best response ever

Back
Top Bottom