• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Imagine dating a MAGAnite

"sorry if you can't understand them"??!! You just can't ever post with the snark. Again, you are ridiculing those on the fringes.
Those on the left wing fringe are just as nutty. You should try taking people as individuals.
no they're not. who cries because the fbi raids a criminal, that's next level. their brains broke, they argue for imprisoning raped children

True story, A friend tried to "set me up" with his neighbor who was reportedly cute, redheaded, about ten years younger than me and had already deemed me as "hot" but having been to his home numerous times I knew the neighbor had "value them both" and "impeach Joe Biden" signs in her yard.

I told him I preferred the ones that didn't advertise their insanity, I like to find that out myself later, when it's already too late.

I suspect this depends upon your reason for dating.

If you date for the enjoyment of someone's company for the day's or evening's activities, and you otherwise seem to enjoy her company, then why not?

However if you date as a more serious attempt to find a regular relationship, and she's not a good prospect, then I understand.

But I would probably have given it a shot, if I otherwise liked her. You might learn something, and you might enjoy her opening your mind to other ways of thought - even if you ultimately do not agree with it.

A date is only a date, not a lifetime commitment!

I suspect this depends upon your reason for dating.

If you date for the enjoyment of someone's company for the day's or evening's activities, and you otherwise seem to enjoy her company, then why not?

However if you date as a more serious attempt to find a regular relationship, and she's not a good prospect, then I understand.

But I would probably have given it a shot, if I otherwise liked her. You might learn something, and you might enjoy her opening your mind to other ways of thought - even if you ultimately do not agree with it.

A date is only a date, not a lifetime commitment!
I guess I was implying that "dating" as opposed to a one time "date" meant an ongoing relationship. Damn, next time I will have to spell it out in finer details then. I could never be "dating" a MAGAnite because she would not be the least bit interesting precisely because she is a MAGAnite. I also separated in my opening comment those who are conservatives and those who are MAGAnites. A conservative who isn't I could date for the reasons you listed. A MAGAnite would be nauseating. I am sure a liberal SNOWFLAKE like myself would be nauseating for her to date as well. So best to avoid the situation.

You need a definition of dating????????????????? :oops:

There's different motivations, though.

I suspect that's what he's getting at, and it's a valid point.

(even though I don't subscribe to the "dating to find the right one" thing - too much unnecessary pressure in that, I think).

I understand what you mean by "MAGAnite". What I am saying, again, is that the behaviours you describe are characteristic of the extreme right wing fringe. Not sure what you mean by a "pissing contest".
You just seem to exaggerate a group's behaviour and then ridicule that exaggeration. Like I said, it's an old trick.
why do you think an election was almost overturned via an insurrection led by trump
no old trick, it's a pro-authoritarian, largely white nationalist cult. everybody knows. it's not old, qanon, mike lindel, cpac? all in my imagination?

who taught you this was normal

Good point, if nothing else, it would be an evening of hilarity (unless she went so MAGA as to make me want to puke)

I've enjoyed the company of some unlikely prospects, just as I've had several that looked great on paper turn out to be disasters. It seems to be luck of the draw, as you never know anyone or their chemistry until you go out with them & spend some time alone. Just as you never *really* know someone until you live with them - but that's a whole 'nother thing!

Trump supporters turning into INCELS, go figure.
The dead giveaway is blaming others for what they (the blamer) does.....sounds so much like an abuser...."Look what you made me do!!!"

What a ridiculous post. "spooked every time she sees a gay person or a person of color"? I guess you think you are referring to the average Trump supporter?
Your trick is to attach the viewpoints of a few extremists to the whole group. Its an old trick and a very dishonest way to discuss something.
I disagree with those on the left but I don't feel the need to attack them personally. Why do you?
If you are not one of those "spooked", why does this bother you so? There ARE people like that....I wager we've all encountered them....

I guess I was implying that "dating" as opposed to a one time "date" meant an ongoing relationship. Damn, next time I will have to spell it out in finer details then. I could never be "dating" a MAGAnite because she would not be the least bit interesting precisely because she is a MAGAnite. I also separated in my opening comment those who are conservatives and those who are MAGAnites.

Yeah, I think we perhaps could have seen the implications of your use of the terms "dating" vs "date", as implying a relationship.

A conservative who isn't I could date for the reasons you listed. A MAGAnite would be nauseating. I am sure a liberal SNOWFLAKE like myself would be nauseating for her to date as well. So best to avoid the situation.

Straight-up, opposites often do attract. We often are drawn to those with the qualities we lack, and as long as the couple has the same core values I believe the additional attributes bring a fuller & more fulfilling relationship, as well as a better platform to interact & succeed in the outside world. It's good to bring additional strengths & insights to the table.

From a man's perspective, I much prefer a Conservative wife - even as my politics are liberal. With her Conservative values, I know the decisions she's making with the kids & house are safe & (mostly) sensible ones. I can add the wide-open more risk-oriented crazy creative stuff to it when I get home! But at least I don't worry what's going-on when I'm out or not around.

Yeah, I think we perhaps could have seen the implications of your use of the terms "dating" vs "date", as implying a relationship.

Straight-up, opposites often do attract. We often are drawn to those with the qualities we lack, and as long as the couple has the same core values I believe the additional attributes bring a fuller & more fulfilling relationship, as well as a better platform to interact & succeed in the outside world. It's good to bring additional strengths & insights to the table.

From a man's perspective, I much prefer a Conservative wife - even as my politics are liberal. With her Conservative values, I know the decisions she's making with the kids & house are safe & (mostly) sensible ones. I can add the wide-open more risk-oriented crazy creative stuff to it when I get home! But at least I don't worry what's going-on when I'm out or not around.

What in the world do you think liberal women are doing with the house and kids to put them in danger?

What in the world do you think liberal women are doing with the house and kids to put them in danger?

I didn't necessarily claim "endanger", though I guess you could infer that from my use of "safe" - so fair enough.

There's a myriad of stuff I'm alluding to, but some basics might involve promiscuity or substance use, though those are pretty egregious examples.

Others might be in dating, parties, curfew, the kids' recreational activities permissions, and other things of this nature. I'd also add financial management to the list, in terms of budgeting.

I remember well some of the very liberal (read: hippie-type ) mothers raising my friends when growing-up, vs my Conservative parents. At 15, I thought those kids' parents were cool, and mine absolutely sucked. By 19 I realized many of those really liberal parents were a poor influence in many manners of their kids life, assisting their kids in gravitating to destructive personal behaviours that had negative impacts on their lives. I then came to appreciate my parents' Conservatism in raising me & my siblings.

I didn't claim "danger", though I guess you could infer that from my use of "safe" - so fair enough.

There's a myriad of stuff I'm alluding to, but some basics might involve promiscuity or substance use, though those are pretty egregious examples.

Others might be in dating, parties, curfew, the kids' recreational activities permissions, and other things of this nature. I'd also add financial management to the list, in terms of budgeting.

I remember well some of the very liberal (read: hippie-type ) mothers raising my friends when growing-up, vs my Conservative parents. At 15, I thought those kids' parents were cool, and mine absolutely sucked. By 19 I realized many of those really liberal parents were a poor influence in many manners of their kids life, assisting their kids in gravitating to destructive personal behaviours that had negative impacts on their lives.

It seems you've met a lot of people who were irresponsible as well as liberal, which can also happen with conservatives. So much in this post......liberals seem likely to be promiscuous, druggies, let their kids run wild...

It seems you've met a lot of people who were irresponsible as well as liberal, which can also happen with conservatives. So much in this post......liberals seem likely to be promiscuous, druggies, let their kids run wild...
Lots of MAGAt meth heads here in very very red Nye County, NV.

"Opposites" may attract, but they don't stay together.

Your determination that "conservative" wives provide a safer environment for children than some other ideology is absurd.

Imagine dating someone who makes painfully idiotic political threads on the internets…

You don't think being liberal in parenting, usually means more permissiveness? And that permissiveness can result in the behaviours I described?

The Liberals I grew-up with were definitely more permissive with their kids than were the Conservative families, I will say that. Particularly in things like pot, drinking, and the kids' personal freedoms (curfews, parties, dating/bf/gf).

"Opposites" may attract, but they don't stay together.

Your determination that "conservative" wives provide a safer environment for children than some other ideology is absurd.

I very much disagree, as long as core values are present.

In fact, I believe if not consciously then subconsciously we're often attracted to those that have qualities we lack. And those different strengths & perspectives, when harnessed through shared common values, result in a synergy that either can attain individually. I see this in my relationship every day, where 1 + 1 = 3.

But there must be common core values. Given that, the more you can bring to the table the better. And the more diverse, the less alike, the more stuff there is to bring! I believe this resolutely. My life's experiences bare this out.

You don't think being liberal in parenting, usually means more permissiveness? And that permissiveness can result in the behaviours I described?

The Liberals I grew-up with were definitely more permissive with their kids than were the Conservative families, I will say that. Particularly in things like pot, drinking, and the kids' personal freedoms (curfews, parties, dating/bf/gf).

I don't think being liberal necessarily makes you lenient with your kids. Like I said, liberals aren't necessarily hippies. I always knew where my kid was, when she was leaving, who she was with, etc. The only thing I might give a little bit of agreement on is weed - I did not want my daughter smoking or taking drugs at any age when she was a child. But when she became an adult, I was much more in favor or weed over drinking. With conservative families, I would see the kids go wild when they got the chance because they're parents were too strict. Unless of course they were conservative but thought there was nothing wrong with their kids having a beer or two.

I don't think being liberal necessarily makes you lenient with your kids.

Perhaps. That wasn't what I generally saw, but I admit there's ranges and uniqueness.

Like I said, liberals aren't necessarily hippies. I always knew where my kid was, when she was leaving, who she was with, etc. The only thing I might give a little bit of agreement on is weed - I did not want my daughter smoking or taking drugs at any age when she was a child. But when she became an adult, I was much more in favor or weed over drinking.

Yes, drugs and drinking are the big ones, because they often lead to promiscuity &/or school or legal problems. So does freedom from curfew.

With conservative families, I would see the kids go wild when they got the chance because they're parents were too strict. Unless of course they were conservative but thought there was nothing wrong with their kids having a beer or two.

I've often heard the above said, and there may be some truth in it. But most of the hard-core partiers I've known seemed to mostly start young, and keep going deeper & deeper.

But if true, I'd rather have a kid "go wild" with 19 y.o. maturity, than that of a 15 y.o.!

One of the worst permissive things though, I think, is parents that will claim they prefer to allow their kids to drink, smoke pot, or neck with their b/f-g/f, under their parental roof:

"Because they're going to do it anyway - so I'd rather have them here where can keep an eye on them"

Yow! That's convoluted thinking if I ever heard it! If that ain't giving kids a permission slip, what is?

Yes, drugs and drinking are the big ones, because they often lead to promiscuity &/or school or legal problems. So does freedom from curfew.

Sure - if you don't give your kids a curfew. But bad things can happen even before that.
I've often heard the above said, and there may be some truth in it. But most of the hard-core partiers I've known seemed to mostly start young, and keep going deeper & deeper.

There is truth in it. The wildest kid in my high school was a reverend's kid. And it was a big school. And guess what? He wasn't 19.
One of the worst permissive things though, I think, is parents that will claim they prefer to allow their kids to drink, smoke pot, or neck with their b/f-g/f, under their parental roof:

I don't know of anyone who's claimed that.

Sure - if you don't give your kids a curfew. But bad things can happen even before that.

There is truth in it. The wildest kid in my high school was a reverend's kid. And it was a big school. And guess what? He wasn't 19.

I don't know of anyone who's claimed that.

You may not be claiming it (and obviously this discussion is not about either of our personal parenting), but there was a fair amount of that when I was growing-up - particularly pertaining to drinking.

Last edited:
You may not be claiming it (and obviously this discussion is not about either of our personal parenting), but there was a fair amount of that when I was growing-up - particularly pertaining to drinking.

Damn right I'm not claiming it. And I never did see any of that when I was growing up. I guess it depends on where one grew up.

Damn right I'm not claiming it. And I never did see any of that when I was growing up. I guess it depends on where one grew up.

Interesting.

This "rather they do it at home" attitude was not the prevalent attitude in my old neighborhood, but it was common enough that it was accepted thought by some - as I said particularly with regards to drinking. Those that were proponents of it did seem to think they were looking-out for their kid's safety, though I think they were deceiving themselves.

Back
Top Bottom