• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Images of migrant camp under Texas bridge show misery, squalor

They are wading across the river about a quarter mile west of the hwy. There is a concrete damn across the river that is covered by about 2-3 feet of water, makes a perfect bridge. They are all entering illegally and the Biden people will not allow us to do anything about it. I'm sick of Biden saying, "my number one job is to protect all Americans" when the he-- is he going to begin worrying about America and Americans?

Biden will say anything to remain the puppet in chief....

Isn't that a question worth answering?

Would definitely affect my perception of them.

Right now, it's looking like an attempt at dishonesty...doing something they know they shouldn't.

Why Texas? Why not any other port?
I read an article saying that Del Rio happens to be a crossing area not controlled by the cartels, so the immigrants could cross for free.

I'll tell you what, I don't like these folks' attitudes. They organize a giant flash mob on a strategic piece of the border and give us all the finger by wading back and forth across the river to shop, some attacking the agents deporting them by bus and plane. They're taunting us. Nope. No asylum, go to hell. If you want to live here, apply to immigrate. It's tough everywhere right now because of Covid and all, but no one is entitled to live in the US just because they were born in this hemisphere. These folks seem to think they can just force their way in. Nuh uh.

Images coming out of the makeshift migrant camp under a bridge in a Texas border town reveal the horrendous conditions thousands of people are living in — from seeking shelter from the brutal sun inside tents fashioned from pieces of cloth to using jugs of water to bathe, all the while surrounded by ever-growing mounds of garbage.

The humanitarian crisis underway on the border near Del Rio, Texas, includes adults, children and babies among the estimated 12,000 mostly Haitian migrants waiting to be processed by US border officials.

They began to gather last week under the International Bridge that connects Del Rio with Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, but the number of migrants soon exploded as streams of more migrants, many coming from South America, waded across the Rio Grande river into the US.
===================================================
Abbott has this place surrounded with state police or Texas Rangers. There are so many cars in the drone shot that I don't think anyone could even squeeze between them.

The stars at night are big & bright...'
No worries...Biden's puppet masters are taking care of the situation (after they let it get out of control, of course)

And despite the Biden administration’s claims that a massive effort is underway to send the illegal immigrants back to Haiti amid warnings not to travel to the border, one photo shows a line of people being processed as they wait to be released into the US, the Associated Press reported.​
The wire service said the Department of Homeland Security has been busing Haitians from Del Rio to El Paso, Laredo and other locations along the Texas border.​
DHS also began flights to Tucson, Ariz., the report said.​

That'll teach them not to come to the US, won't it? If they do it, they'll immediately be spread around the country.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if the Dallas Cowboys have scouted any of the Haitians to try out for the team.

No worries...Biden's puppet masters are taking care of the situation (after they let it get out of control, of course)

And despite the Biden administration’s claims that a massive effort is underway to send the illegal immigrants back to Haiti amid warnings not to travel to the border, one photo shows a line of people being processed as they wait to be released into the US, the Associated Press reported.​
The wire service said the Department of Homeland Security has been busing Haitians from Del Rio to El Paso, Laredo and other locations along the Texas border.​
DHS also began flights to Tucson, Ariz., the report said.​

That'll teach them not to come to the US, won't it? If they do it, they'll immediately be spread around the country.

:rolleyes:
They're being moved to those places to be processed OUT. They're not leaving them under the bridge until they've worked out where to ship them. They are being deported.

I'll tell you what, I don't like these folks' attitudes. They organize a giant flash mob on a strategic piece of the border and give us all the finger by wading back and forth across the river to shop, some attacking the agents deporting them by bus and plane. They're taunting us. Nope. No asylum, go to hell. If you want to live here, apply to immigrate. It's tough everywhere right now because of Covid and all, but no one is entitled to live in the US just because they were born in this hemisphere. These folks seem to think they can just force their way in. Nuh uh.

You might want to pass all of the above onto Joe Biden's handlers...

They're being moved to those places to be processed OUT. They're not leaving them under the bridge until they've worked out where to ship them. They are being deported.
Ummm...

"as they wait to be released into the US"​

Ummm...

"as they wait to be released into the US"​
On Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas traveled to Del Rio and promised swift action — declaring the southern US border is “not open.”
“If you come to the United States illegally, you will be returned. Your journey will not succeed and you will be endangering your life and your family’s lives,” he said.

In recent days, Haitians have been freed on “a very, very large scale” and given notices to appear at an immigration office within 60 days, a US official told the Associated Press.
Another US official who spoke to AP corroborated the release of a large number of Haitians who were being processed under immigration laws.

The US plans to deport them, if they show up at an immigration office. Yeah, that's going to happen.
If you ask me, it is stupid to release them, but the truth is, the border is chock full already. They can't handle such a huge number at once and they have nowhere to put them. I don't know why they don't just triple the number of flights to Haiti.

Questions like this are what gives birth to conspiracy theories. Let me start one: Donald Trump's travel business booked all these immigrants on chartered jets. How else could they all have gotten there so quickly. Instead of Trump, insert the name of anyone you don't like, such as Tucker Carlson.
Or...simply, they knew they didn't qualify for asylum, and specifically chose Mexico as a hang out spot for no specific reason.

Thanks.

Actually I was kinda' cautious in expressing that, because I've see the Mime elsewhere.

What probably occurred, is that many Haitians, understandably wanting to flee Haiti, decided there was little hope of attaining a Visa to the U.S., so they choose to fly to Mexico and enter overland.

In fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar that's what's going-on.
And that's ok?

If they flew into Mexico, they very likely entered legally. I can't speak to arriving by boat.

But I believe they entered the U.S. legally - if they are requesting asylum.
Then why fly into Mexico?

Smugglers. Busses. Treks in the jungle. Boats. Etc. Depends from where in South America they came from. These are largely people that fled there from Haiti after the 2010 quake.

Why TX? Probably has to do with the routes the smugglers deem easiest.
So would that make these people a group who are knowingly violating our Kansas to get into the country?

Are you OK with that?

I read an article saying that Del Rio happens to be a crossing area not controlled by the cartels, so the immigrants could cross for free.
Why not a boat to a known US port?

I'd like to know how all those Haitians got there?

My impression was Haiti was devastated & impoverished. This involves air-flight, not the land trek for Latin Americans.

I suppose even in the most impoverished & disaster wracked countries, there will be some segment of those that have adequate means.
During the Trump era remain in Mexico policy, Mexico was helping to prevent illegals from other countries from crossing Mexico. Mexico agreed to do his because they understood that Donald Trump was serious about economic sanctions against Mexico if they didn't play ball, or at least appear to play ball. When Trump was out of office, all fears of sanctions evaporated and then Mexico could go back to FACILITATING an open border situation which results in BILLIONS of illicit dollars to Mexican cartels.. and into the hands of corrupt Mexican officials.

With the border overwhelmed, what is mostly crossing are not people, but the drugs. Drugs which many Americans have a strong appetite for. BILLIONS of dollars woth.

People are coming because Mexico allows it. Would Canada allow this? I mean being USED as a conduit for illegal crossings? I doubt it, and besides Canada is not a government in bed with drug cartels.

Trump was wrong about building a wall, that only provides some help. What would keep our border with Mexico secure requires the threat of economic sanctions. If we really wanted to force Mexico and Central American countries to help us in honoring our borders, we would place a heavy tax on remittances sent to those countries... or just cut them off. Do this and then they would offer to build our wall.

Why not a boat to a known US port?
? You mean sneaking in at unwatched stretches of coast ? I'm pretty sure some do. I don't think you can just sail up and dock in port somewhere without going through customs. Or are you talking about something different?

Images coming out of the makeshift migrant camp under a bridge in a Texas border town reveal the horrendous conditions thousands of people are living in — from seeking shelter from the brutal sun inside tents fashioned from pieces of cloth to using jugs of water to bathe, all the while surrounded by ever-growing mounds of garbage.

The humanitarian crisis underway on the border near Del Rio, Texas, includes adults, children and babies among the estimated 12,000 mostly Haitian migrants waiting to be processed by US border officials.

They began to gather last week under the International Bridge that connects Del Rio with Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, but the number of migrants soon exploded as streams of more migrants, many coming from South America, waded across the Rio Grande river into the US.
===================================================
Abbott has this place surrounded with state police or Texas Rangers. There are so many cars in the drone shot that I don't think anyone could even squeeze between them.

The stars at night are big & bright...'
And they all heard the same kind words from Biden just as the Mexicans and Central Americans did. Biden wasn't to be like mean old Trump. Now look what Mr. Empathy has wrought. He won because he was "Not Trump". And he is simply a clumsy, doddering 'Not Trump'.

I'd like to know how all those Haitians got there?

My impression was Haiti was devastated & impoverished. This involves air-flight, not the land trek for Latin Americans.

I suppose even in the most impoverished & disaster wracked countries, there will be some segment of those that have adequate means.
Tonight's PBS news report stated this mob of Haitians did not come from Haiti directly. They were refugees from the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. The Haitian refugees went to different countries in South America. Then they realized, just recently, hundreds of thousands were sneaking across the southern border. So if those people can sneak in, then why can't the Haitians get in?
There will be more coming you can be sure.
But, wait, Kapable Kamala should be able to solve the problem.
That's her assignment, right?

During the Trump era remain in Mexico policy, Mexico was helping to prevent illegals from other countries from crossing Mexico. Mexico agreed to do his because they understood that Donald Trump was serious about economic sanctions against Mexico if they didn't play ball, or at least appear to play ball. When Trump was out of office, all fears of sanctions evaporated and then Mexico could go back to FACILITATING an open border situation which results in BILLIONS of illicit dollars to Mexican cartels.. and into the hands of corrupt Mexican officials.

With the border overwhelmed, what is mostly crossing are not people, but the drugs. Drugs which many Americans have a strong appetite for. BILLIONS of dollars woth.

People are coming because Mexico allows it. Would Canada allow this? I mean being USED as a conduit for illegal crossings? I doubt it, and besides Canada is not a government in bed with drug cartels.

Trump was wrong about building a wall, that only provides some help. What would keep our border with Mexico secure requires the threat of economic sanctions. If we really wanted to force Mexico and Central American countries to help us in honoring our borders, we would place a heavy tax on remittances sent to those countries... or just cut them off. Do this and then they would offer to build our wall.
Should work on Trump's campaign - if and when.

I agree with what you wrote. But that was a big reason people did not like Trump.
Bleeding heart Progressives did not like how Trump was treating the migrants although Americans knew the migration of illegals into this country was down considerably because of Trump's practices.
After all, the nastier the restrictions on the border, the fewer future Democrat voters are able to get it. How else is that party of social justice warriors going to grow?

On Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas traveled to Del Rio and promised swift action — declaring the southern US border is “not open.”
“If you come to the United States illegally, you will be returned. Your journey will not succeed and you will be endangering your life and your family’s lives,” he said.

In recent days, Haitians have been freed on “a very, very large scale” and given notices to appear at an immigration office within 60 days, a US official told the Associated Press.
Another US official who spoke to AP corroborated the release of a large number of Haitians who were being processed under immigration laws.

The US plans to deport them, if they show up at an immigration office. Yeah, that's going to happen.
If you ask me, it is stupid to release them, but the truth is, the border is chock full already. They can't handle such a huge number at once and they have nowhere to put them. I don't know why they don't just triple the number of flights to Haiti.
The solution is to give them a choice.

1. Stay in that shithole they built under the bridge until they are flown back to Haiti.

2. Walk back across the border into Mexico.

Instead, thousands of them will be/have been released into the US and told to appear at an immigration office within 60 days. How are they going to enforce that? Hell, how are they going to FIND them after they cut them loose?

The solution is to give them a choice.

1. Stay in that shithole they built under the bridge until they are flown back to Haiti.

2. Walk back across the border into Mexico.

Instead, thousands of them will be/have been released into the US and told to appear at an immigration office within 60 days. How are they going to enforce that? Hell, how are they going to FIND them after they cut them loose?
Exactly. Stupid move, but everyone is having a cow over them living under the bridge, pooping on the ground, etc. That's why I said triple the flights. Don't move them somewhere sanitary, send them home.

I don't much like the idea of them going over to Mexico, either, because that's not where they're from, and they're just going to come back one way or another.

Exactly. Stupid move, but everyone is having a cow over them living under the bridge, pooping on the ground, etc. That's why I said triple the flights. Don't move them somewhere sanitary, send them home.

I don't much like the idea of them going over to Mexico, either, because that's not where they're from, and they're just going to come back one way or another.
Mexico is part of the problem and I would prefer THEY have to deal with the people.

Almost 20,000 people don't move through a country without officials noticing. Mexico didn't lift a finger to stop them. In fact, there are indications that Mexico HELPED them get to the border.

Another solution...which will never happen, of course...is to frog march all those people right back across that dam they used to get into the US and let Mexico deal with whatever shithole slum they create.

Mexico is part of the problem and I would prefer THEY have to deal with the people.

Almost 20,000 people don't move through a country without officials noticing. Mexico didn't lift a finger to stop them. In fact, there are indications that Mexico HELPED them get to the border.

Another solution...which will never happen, of course...is to frog march all those people right back across that dam they used to get into the US and let Mexico deal with whatever shithole slum they create.
I'm sure Mexico has equally kind thoughts about us. I'm sure having hundreds of thousands foreigners traipsing through their country and setting up tent slums on their northern border, people who are sick, hungry, toting kids, isn't Mexico's idea of having a good time either.

Apparently, Mexico has a harder time controlling their southern border than we do. Surely they require passports or something, right? Maybe all these immigrants have one, I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure Mexico would like this situation fixed as much as we would. It's not right to use them as a dumping ground the way Trump did.

Back
Top Bottom