• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Images of migrant camp under Texas bridge show misery, squalor

Isn't that a question worth answering?

Would definitely affect my perception of them.

Right now, it's looking like an attempt at dishonesty...doing something they know they shouldn't.

Why Texas? Why not any other port?
Questions like this are what gives birth to conspiracy theories. Let me start one: Donald Trump's travel business booked all these immigrants on chartered jets. How else could they all have gotten there so quickly. Instead of Trump, insert the name of anyone you don't like, such as Tucker Carlson.

True. Im just heading off the usual bs from anti immigrant crowd that always assumes ill intent just because someone didnt do it exactly like they wanted them to.

Thanks.

Actually I was kinda' cautious in expressing that, because I've see the Mime elsewhere.

What probably occurred, is that many Haitians, understandably wanting to flee Haiti, decided there was little hope of attaining a Visa to the U.S., so they choose to fly to Mexico and enter overland.

In fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar that's what's going-on.

Isn't that a question worth answering?

Would definitely affect my perception of them.

Right now, it's looking like an attempt at dishonesty...doing something they know they shouldn't.

Why Texas? Why not any other port?
Thats what i was trying to head off. Lots of conspiracy theories get made if that question isnt carefully researched.

opinion noted.

So are the other countries they entered illegal and crossed are not suitable for them to live in. It is only the US.

Sorry, illegal immigration has gone on far to long in the US. Legal immigration is very acceptable.

If they flew into Mexico, they very likely entered legally. I can't speak to arriving by boat.

But I believe they entered the U.S. legally - if they are requesting asylum.

Wha? This makes absolutely no sense. It doesnt matter if sheriff dipshit mcgee didnt hear about the change in law, that would not make them illegal.
Are you supportive of the "immigrants" camped out at the bridge?

I'd like to know how all those Haitians got there?

My impression was Haiti was devastated & impoverished. This involves air-flight, not the land trek for Latin Americans.

I suppose even in the most impoverished & disaster wracked countries, there will be some segment of those that have adequate means.

I would also like to know.

If they flew into Mexico, they very likely entered legally. I can't speak to arriving by boat.

But I believe they entered the U.S. legally - if they are requesting asylum.

So a news report on tv that some of the migrants left Haiti and made their way to Guatemala and Honduras. From there they made their way to Mexico and the US.

(Congress really needs to address the immigration laws in the US. Way to many loop holes.

Thats what i was trying to head off. Lots of conspiracy theories get made if that question isnt carefully researched.
Whatever. You can be assured that one of the Trump family made $$$ here somehow.

I would also like to know.

I can now see I was being disingenuous. I'm sure plenty oh Haitians have access to reasonable means to attain travel to Latin America.

After a little thought, I came-up with this reply to Bomber Fox:

Thanks.

Actually I was kinda' cautious in expressing that, because I've see the Mime elsewhere.

What probably occurred, is that many Haitians, understandably wanting to flee Haiti, decided there was little hope of attaining a Visa to the U.S., so they choose to fly to Mexico and enter overland.

In fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar that's what's going-on.

Apparently there were a whole bunch of rumors circulating that there was an actual set up policy of basically temporary free entry/green card/etc. Not because of what Trumpists say - a general view that Democrats love immigrants - but an actual widely spread rumor of some specificity.

As they process these people, they should make an effort to get to the bottom of that. There's a ton of disinfo spreading going on these days and someone is targeting us in this fashion, we should know.

Belarus, with Russia's help, is for example helping manufacture a different surge into EU countries (but that's with more direct means than mere disinfo spreading)

No. I'm just wondering how they made it to Texas? Boat? Airplain?

They didn't walk.

So, why Texas? Why are they there?

Is Texas the only place we take immigrants and asylum seakers?

Smugglers. Busses. Treks in the jungle. Boats. Etc. Depends from where in South America they came from. These are largely people that fled there from Haiti after the 2010 quake.

Why TX? Probably has to do with the routes the smugglers deem easiest.

Answer mine first. Please :). You made no sense. They are immigrants able to request asylum.
Are you supportive of the "immigrants" camped out at the bridge?
I am supportive of haitian refugees.

And Trump's wall isn't looking very effectual, to be honest!

As I pointed out in another thread, there is a "wall" (actually a well designed fence) in this exact spot where they are entering. The problem is that the border is the center of the river and building a wall or fence in a flood plain is not as simple as it sounds so the barrier is back away from the riverbank, on US soil. That highway (Bus 277) is the "bridge" they are camping under.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.56.34 PM.png

As I pointed out in another thread, there is a "wall" (actually a well designed fence) in this exact spot where they are entering. The problem is that the border is the center of the river and building a wall or fence in a flood plain is not as simple as it sounds so the barrier is back away from the riverbank, on US soil. That highway (Bus 277) is the "bridge" they are camping under.

View attachment 67355134

Wait? The 'wall' is set back well into U.S. soil? Well gee, maybe that's the problem - Irene!

Marone!

I'm at a bit at a loss, here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

View attachment 67355134

Sorry for the follow-up:

So, can I assume the bridge encampment area is the segment of the bridge on the Mexico side of the wall?

Wait? The 'wall' is set back well into U.S. soil? Well gee, maybe that's the problem - Irene!

Marone!

I'm at a bit at a loss, here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Yeah, it's a much more difficult problem than it sounds... Here is a picture of the "wall" in Del Rio.... This is looking back toward the river...

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 4.16.08 PM.png

Sorry for the follow-up:

So, can I assume the bridge encampment area is the segment of the bridge on the Mexico side of the wall?

Nope... Highway 277 is elevated from just past the port of entry on the US side all the way over to the Mexican side of the river. They are camping on the US side of the river under highway 277. This picture has a pretty good angle.... In the background is the US port of entry... This is all US soil....

AP21264532215513-1.jpeg

Nope... Highway 277 is elevated from just past the port of entry on the US side all the way over to the Mexican side of the river. They are camping on the US side of the river under highway 277. This picture has a pretty good angle.... In the background is the US port of entry... This is all US soil....

View attachment 67355142

I realize they are on the U.S. side of the river. But, what side of the 'wall' are they on?

Images coming out of the makeshift migrant camp under a bridge in a Texas border town reveal the horrendous conditions thousands of people are living in — from seeking shelter from the brutal sun inside tents fashioned from pieces of cloth to using jugs of water to bathe, all the while surrounded by ever-growing mounds of garbage.

The humanitarian crisis underway on the border near Del Rio, Texas, includes adults, children and babies among the estimated 12,000 mostly Haitian migrants waiting to be processed by US border officials.

They began to gather last week under the International Bridge that connects Del Rio with Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, but the number of migrants soon exploded as streams of more migrants, many coming from South America, waded across the Rio Grande river into the US.
===================================================
Abbott has this place surrounded with state police or Texas Rangers. There are so many cars in the drone shot that I don't think anyone could even squeeze between them.

The stars at night are big & bright...'
This is the Biden border policy in action. Blame Joe, Kamala and all the people who voted for Biden.

I realize they are on the U.S. side of the river. But, what side of the 'wall' are they on?

Got it... They are between the wall and the riverbank.... The wall is way in the background by all those buildings...

They are wading across the river about a quarter mile west of the hwy. There is a concrete damn across the river that is covered by about 2-3 feet of water, makes a perfect bridge. They are all entering illegally and the Biden people will not allow us to do anything about it. I'm sick of Biden saying, "my number one job is to protect all Americans" when the he-- is he going to begin worrying about America and Americans?

They are wading across the river about a quarter mile west of the hwy. There is a concrete damn across the river that is covered by about 2-3 feet of water, makes a perfect bridge. They are all entering illegally and the Biden people will not allow us to do anything about it. I'm sick of Biden saying, "my number one job is to protect all Americans" when the he-- is he going to begin worrying about America and Americans?

What exactly should we do? Once they reach the middle of the river, under current US law, they can ask for asylum.... Perhaps we should change that law...

View attachment 67355142
Now it's soil of litter and biohazards.

When are the Environmentalists going to throw a fit?

Back
Top Bottom