• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Images of migrant camp under Texas bridge show misery, squalor

Images coming out of the makeshift migrant camp under a bridge in a Texas border town reveal the horrendous conditions thousands of people are living in — from seeking shelter from the brutal sun inside tents fashioned from pieces of cloth to using jugs of water to bathe, all the while surrounded by ever-growing mounds of garbage.

The humanitarian crisis underway on the border near Del Rio, Texas, includes adults, children and babies among the estimated 12,000 mostly Haitian migrants waiting to be processed by US border officials.

They began to gather last week under the International Bridge that connects Del Rio with Ciudad Acuna, Mexico, but the number of migrants soon exploded as streams of more migrants, many coming from South America, waded across the Rio Grande river into the US.
===================================================
Abbott has this place surrounded with state police or Texas Rangers. There are so many cars in the drone shot that I don't think anyone could even squeeze between them.

The stars at night are big & bright...'

Another Biden rally.

I'm sure Mexico has equally kind thoughts about us. I'm sure having hundreds of thousands foreigners traipsing through their country and setting up tent slums on their northern border, people who are sick, hungry, toting kids, isn't Mexico's idea of having a good time either.

Apparently, Mexico has a harder time controlling their southern border than we do. Surely they require passports or something, right? Maybe all these immigrants have one, I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure Mexico would like this situation fixed as much as we would. It's not right to use them as a dumping ground the way Trump did.
Mexico did a good job handling people when Trump was in the WH. They can do it now. (except they know they don't have to with Biden in the WH)

? You mean sneaking in at unwatched stretches of coast ? I'm pretty sure some do. I don't think you can just sail up and dock in port somewhere without going through customs. Or are you talking about something different?
I'm forcing, or trying force, the realization that these people are not true asylum speakers. If they were, they wouldn't be trying to come in illegaly.

Should work on Trump's campaign - if and when.

Could be
I agree with what you wrote. But that was a big reason people did not like Trump.
Bleeding heart Progressives did not like how Trump was treating the migrants although Americans knew the migration of illegals into this country was down considerably because of Trump's practices.
After all, the nastier the restrictions on the border, the fewer future Democrat voters are able to get it. How else is that party of social justice warriors going to grow?

I didn't vote for Trump. Not in 2016 or in 2020. Doesn't mean I voted for Hillary or Biden, and I am glad Trump beat Hillary in 2016, and obviously wish had beaten Biden.

My issues with Donald Trump are based on his narcissism and often disloyalty to some of his own people. He is a bit of lose cannon in that regard. But that being said, going forward I would fully support Donald Trump if he ran again on this one single issue, and that is protecting or sovereign border and dealing with this flood of illegal invaders.

Could be

I didn't vote for Trump. Not in 2016 or in 2020. Doesn't mean I voted for Hillary or Biden, and I am glad Trump beat Hillary in 2016, and obviously wish had beaten Biden.

My issues with Donald Trump are based on his narcissism and often disloyalty to some of his own people. He is a bit of lose cannon in that regard. But that being said, going forward I would fully support Donald Trump if he ran again on this one single issue, and that is protecting or sovereign border and dealing with this flood of illegal invaders.
An honest answer much appreciated.
I still think Trump is a bad manager of people and a loose cannon.
He knows how to drive good people away instead of attracting them.
He does not deserve to be president again and I hope Ron Desantis continues to rise in the polls.
BTW - I too chose to not vote for Trump at all and also refused to give me presidential vote to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom